Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 20th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #1
Zelphyre
Junior Member+

Default Feet/hand ocd

For some reason, I have to keep moving my feet or hands or I'll go crazy. I developed this thing I do with my hands about 2 years ago, and I still keep doing it. I have to move my fingers in certain orders and it takes about 5 minutes to complete, and if I screw up I have to start all the way over.
Zelphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:39 AM   #2
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I'm not sure if its a ginuine ocd, sounds more like just a habbit. But the anxity of completing it is obsessive. and the fact that you do it freqently is compolsive. So yes, I would say you probly have a mild ocd, nothing to worry about.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #3
Zelphyre
Junior Member+

It's not a habit. I developed it from having to find something for myself to do or I would go psycho. Plus that's not my only problem. I have such a neat freak problem. I have to keep everything organized and clean. If I see other people making a mess, I get really mad and I have to go and clean up their mess, and if I can't clean it up, then I get really frustrated.
Old September 21st, 2005, 11:29 PM   #4
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

then you may be experincing commem symptoms of ocd. as I said before, its not a bad thing to have ocd. ocd is a good thing to a certin extent. if i had a doctor doing surgery on my leg, i would want him to be ocd, and do a perfect job. but an artist, maybe not an ocd kinda person. I wish less people would worry about somthing that's an all around good thing. unless it interfears with normal daily life. like myself, i have a compuslive urge to clean windows a certin way. I've actually missed the bus because i was cleaning a window and wanted to get it just right. But anywho. The first step to overcoming an ocd is to stop saying you think you have ocd. the more you think you have it, the more likley you will get it.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:03 PM   #5
Zelphyre
Junior Member+

I won't bother going into more detail about it, it doesn't bother me much. It helps me kill the time, but it's made me late for class before. Oh well, everyone has their own hobbies, and I enjoy playing with my fingers.
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #6
JoshDude
Awesome Poster

JoshDude's Forum Picture

Default Re: Feet/hand ocd

It sounds like OCD, go check it out with a doctor.
JoshDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #7
ThePhantom
Awesome Poster

ThePhantom's Forum Picture

Default Re: Feet/hand ocd

Obsessive
Compulsion

Its not a disorder until it affects others around you.

...Have fun with your hand twitching

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/Phantomsig.png
Gay. Vegetarian. Atheist.
www.alexoxford.com
Private message me for cognitive therapy.
I am going to major in social psychology.
*Like What i have to say? Click the scale to the left!*
ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote