Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old April 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #1
nefarious3d

Default who has bipolar here?

well, i am just wondering because i have had bipolar disorder i guess since birth, but it really kicked in when i was 10. i was just wondering how many people had the disease, and how they deal/dealt with it over the years..
age, gender, and life stories are always welcome.

im 17, male, and ive been moving all my life. ive always been stressed, and moving to where i live now has really torn me apart. i started getting really bad bipolar (borderline schizophrenia) when we first moved to this house, and my parents and dad basically denied it. so i was alone for the first 2 and a half years until they started to believe me. and then i got help, which didnt really.. help...?

guide me as a captain guides his crew
through the seas so rough and blue
guide me through to somewhere new
where i can find a good friend like you
Old April 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #2
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph
Default Re: who has bipolar here?

Steph is the name,
17 is the age,
I am female.

We have a family history of mental illness,
Though I'm the first Bipolar.
Depression runs on my mom's side,
Schizophrenia an severe depression on my dad's.
I was diagnosed at age 14 after one of my friends noticed bizzare behavior patterns that I exhibited, and suggested that I see a doctor.

How I Deal: I just take one day at time and try to find the positives in everything. If I'm having problems coping, I either go into full meltdown mode so that it will pass or I'll talk to my best friend Sarah.

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

I'm Jessi, 16 years old.

I have an extensive family history of depression, and a history of bipolar disorder as well. I was diagnosed with bipolar2 at 14, after my sister's death sent me spiraling and I went into therapy.

I deal by seeing a therapist (these days I see her once a month), and taking medication. Being bipolar2, I get the depression end of the cycle pretty bad, but the manic end not so much and for short periods of time (hypomania). I'm on Effexor to treat the depression, but all anti-depressants have a tendency to cause me to go manic, so I'm on lithium (lithobid) to keep that stable. My parents keep an eye on me, letting me know if they notice that I'm acting weird, and I do my best to avoid activities that trigger my symptoms. I do my best to go to bed at a decent hour and not sleep all day (my shrink keeps telling me that shifting my sleep pattern isn't good and I'm not allowed to be nocturnal), and my parents have more-or-less forbidden me from sleepovers because staying up all night tends to trigger my mania, which they don't like to deal with. I talk to my friends and my parents when I'm really having trouble coping, but for the most part I'm stable these days, as long as I take my meds and get some sleep.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Old May 11th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #4
nefarious3d

I forgot to say that I am on 1800 mg of lithium-carbonate, 1200 mg of neurotin, 20 mg of abilify, 20 mg of lexapro, and 300 mg of zantac daily.. sucks. lol medicine is bad for your body but good for your mind.

guide me as a captain guides his crew
through the seas so rough and blue
guide me through to somewhere new
where i can find a good friend like you
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:12 AM   #5
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph

Wow.
All I take is 100mg of Seroquel.

Lithium is bad news though.
In the long run it can do potential brain damage,
I took it for over a year and it messed with my short term memory,
Which I still have problems with.

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:44 PM   #6
Ryandel
Awesome Poster

Ryandel's Forum Picture

Name: Alexander

I'm not sure yet if I do because if mine is just hormones or really mild Bipolar. If I did though, I would be considered as having Mild Bipolar II

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...del159/tag.png

Winnipeg, MB "Klinic" Peer Supporter
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #7
Mr. Smithers
Banned

Name: August

I have it but I don't see how. I was diagnosed with it when I was 15. Somehow my doctor still believes that I have it.
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #8
LoneWanderer
Junior Member+

LoneWanderer's Forum Picture

Name: .

I do but im not taking any meds for them, should i be worried, but then again i havent had any thaughts for a while

Maybe you'll think of me, when you are all alone.
Old August 30th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #9
checker
Banned

I have type two rapid cycling bi-polar, it's a bloody nasty thing to have. I'm not taking any drugs for it atm either. Kinda wishing that I would actually get the courage up to go to my doctor and ask for some drugs for it, but I just feel it's like accepting defeat to it. I'm really in two minds as to what to do.
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:35 PM   #10
Waltz_Ryah

i'm extremely bi-polar. to the point it affects all the relationships i have with everyone, including family. i'm not violent, i'm extremely passive, which i was told was a bad thing. i take out my frustrations on myself.

i hate being bi-polar.

my friend trina described it as: your own personal vietnam.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #11
DaretoFallup
Great Poster

DaretoFallup's Forum Picture

Name: Chelsea

It runs in my biological mothers family but i dont have it so far, severe depression also runs in her family which i DO have though.

"Is that a bra on the floor?" "No, It's a pie."
"Anytime you need someone. Somebody strong to lean on. Well you can count on me.To hold you till the healing is done. And every time you fall apart. Well you can hide here in my arms. And you can count on me. To hold you till that feeling is gone"
--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FQac3CqdQ <---
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #12
whiterose

Hi, I'm 16, and not diagnosed, but I have strong fears that I'm bipolar II rapid cycling.
I think the only thing standing in the way of a diagnosis, is me just asking for help.

Anyway, I've "heard" that a cousin on my mom's side is bipolar, and that would make sense in his case. Two instances that I would consider episodes was when he first came to the state I live in, he was like 16 or 17 (and I was much younger) and he decided he was going to find his bio dad, so he took off, and ended up in a hospital screaming and stuff, and my mom went to the hospital, and apparently he looked at her and cowered from her, etc etc. The way he just left, and took a plane to like an hour away from us, I'd say that was manic, and then he came to live with us, and he would go on and on about how he was a man, and we weren't treating him like one, so christmas rolled around and we gave him the type of presents my dad got, and he apparently broke down about how no one loves him. . .

So, with me, I first REALLY realized things where off when I was 13. I was having depressive episodes, and a few hypomanias, but as is typical, I thought the hypos where the normal me. At 14 I realized something was terribly wrong, and then I realized it might be bipolar. Now, I know its bipolar, I'm just too...stupid, or scared, or w/e to say something.
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #13
snakeman

Well i "do" haha it is a label that really covers a hole host of things.
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #14
snakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz_Ryah View Post
i'm extremely bi-polar. to the point it affects all the relationships i have with everyone, including family. i'm not violent, i'm extremely passive, which i was told was a bad thing. i take out my frustrations on myself.

i hate being bi-polar.

my friend trina described it as: your own personal vietnam.
I was violent wen i was little.
Old December 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #15
Shadowangel442

Shadowangel442's Forum Picture

Hi my name is tiffany I am 17 and I have bipolar and depression two years ago my mom diecided to get me check cause I was having wicked mood swings and its turn out that I have bipolar and depression so I started seeing a therapist but I wasn't comfortable with her so I stop going to her then my mom told me to go to another therapist that helped her with her postpatum depression after she had my little brother and she was awsome I really liked her and she really helped me cope with alot of stuff I am on zoloft 200mg I think
Old January 1st, 2009, 01:00 AM   #16
nachtspiegel
Awesome Poster

Diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and PTSD at the age of 12.
Sometimes, I think that I am misdiagnosed as being Bi-Polar, although I do rapid cycle.

Δαβίδ

i had to run away high so i wouldn't come home low.
♫♪
Old January 1st, 2009, 06:11 AM   #17
Vermillion
Member++

Vermillion's Forum Picture

Well I've never been diagnosed of it, however I can turthfully say I definitely have the symptons of it: Insomnia, and them bitch ass mood-swings from really "high" (So to speak), then to a slow, sad state.
It's so weird, like I'd be at school behaving like I'm high off my ass, then I'd get home and get all emo and shizz =[

I r teh weirdness @[email protected]
Old January 7th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #18
EmmaEpileptic

EmmaEpileptic's Forum Picture

i'm emma, 16 diagnosed with bipolar aged 11..... i was really bad institutionalised for two years been on sodium valprate 1,500mg a day for 3 years.....

basically i i got so bad everyone was concerned one minute i'ld be laughing next i'ld feel really depressed other times i'm ok for a long time then it just comes....

it was scary for me being so young my problems started at aged 10 really just had a load of therapy and institutionalised because i was so bad...

If you want something so much you will give up everything to get
it
f**k me... i'm famous
YourNOT EMO if you self-harm
stereotypes suck
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #19
AllyKat675

AllyKat675's Forum Picture

I have Bi-polar disorder and i know that 4 a fact becuase my dib shit mom sent me to a mental hospital for a week =[[[
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM   #20
Jonathan M.

13 jonathan and havent really had it checked but my mom's pretty positive bout it i guess it started at bout 9 mayb b4 then
ppl notice it too

1 minute im da class clown the next....well im really sad as crap from gettin in trouble 4 bein the class clown

Oh and it all comes from my mom's side and my parents don't believe in givin children drugs

PS im not gonna commit suicide its never gone that far no wer near it.

Spellings my worst subject.....some how i got AT(Academically (SEE) Talented)(alog with every other subject) Wieeeeerrrddd
Closed Thread