Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [3]

Old April 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #1
jaker905

Post ADD

I have ADD and i don't take my medication anymore...my mom dosn't think i need it no more but my grades r low and i think i did a little better with my medication and i need to know what to do because if i try to talk to my docter my mom will hush me and my mom will say that i dodn't need them...please help me i think i need to get some more but my mom won't get anymore...im faling school now that i am not taking it anymore....I would love all of your ansersso please reply to this.
jaker905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #2
silentc0re
Member+

silentc0re's Forum Picture

Default Re: ADD

Well.... i dont think the meds really made your grades up but if you have ADD your mom should still give you meds because you can never tell what will happen.
silentc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #3
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

If you doctor recommends you still take them than your mom should give them to you.
But sometimes people actually start to fail because they think without there meds they will fail and automatically thats what happens.
A lot of it is mental and tests have been done where they give someone a medication then they give them a "blank" pill and sometimes they do just as good on the blank because they think they are getting there medication.
Of course I think that if your doctor recommends it you should ask him to explain why to your mother.

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
thesphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Skyer

I would like to make a correction... ADD (I have ADHD) makes you loose consentration. I went off of my meds because it was messing up my heart. You need to talk to your doctor ALONE or sit down and explain to your mom whats happening. Your not diffrent if you take meds for that. I need it, but I CANT take it... It will stop my heart.. Hmm, Heart or Grades..

I like acting like a moderator..
I feel,
POWER!

Forbidden City
For Teens!
Skyer is offline   Reply With Quote