Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 29th, 2015, 01:21 PM   #1
ChromeCrow

ChromeCrow's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

So I really should be letting go of this right? But for some reason I can't, so I need some help. There's this girl in my class in high school. She's popular, a theater/drama kid. Always trying out for the lead roll, throwing a tantrum when she doesn't get it. She's also on a singing team (sing inc. or something). She views herself as the best, whether acting or singing. She's also an attention whore (which I will touch on soon. So the question is: could she have anxiety? There's reasons I have my doubts, and maybe it wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't have mild social anxiety myself. When I heard her say she has anxiety, she was talking to her friends in class, and said it loud enough that the whole room could hear. Me and another one of my friends with anxiety talked and thought if you had anxiety, you wouldn't really want many people to know. She also said she wasn't going on this class trip because of her anxiety, and she would have a panic attack. How she said it, made it sound like it was more social anxiety, but I find it strange knowing how social and outgoing she is. What also makes me wonder is the whole attention whore deal. Now I only have the one side of this story, but it was from a very close and trusted friend. She was (idk if she still is) also close to this girl. She told me that the girl had a black eye and was telling people she was getting bullied and pushed into vending machines. My friend told me that she transferred from a school that she was actually physically bullied and said none of that happens at our school. She also said she was with the girl when she took make up and fixed up the make up that was her "black eye". Why I can't let this go I have no idea, but I really truly want some input (kind please. If she really does have anxiety I'm not trying to say she can't I'm just curious)

Edit: now she's going on the trip she said she wasn't going on because of her "anxiety"

Double posts merged. - Abhorrence.

ChromeCrow

Last edited by Abhorrence; September 29th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.
ChromeCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 12:44 AM   #2
CreativeUsername

CreativeUsername's Forum Picture

Name: Toby
Default Re: Advice, feedback, input, opinions please (sorry long post)

I have social anxiety and I would never announce that in class. The only reason I say it here is because it's anonymous. But you can't rule it out. It could be that if she has anxiety, she is seeing a therapist who recommended that she do something like that as a type of exposure therapy. But that seems unlikely and that's the only logical explanation I can think of for why someone with anxiety would announce that to a classroom full of people. Much less talk more about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2015, 05:32 AM   #3
staple123

Default Re: Advice, feedback, input, opinions please (sorry long post)

Odd if she ha social anxiety. could be another anxiety but idk
staple123 is offline   Reply With Quote