Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2015, 09:05 PM   #1
ObliviousCat
Member
 
ObliviousCat's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 14, 2015
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 15
Default Something's wrong.

Something is definitely wrong with me. I no longer have a therapist nor psychiatrist as my former therapist was promoted to being a supervisor. Long story short it's part of my treatment where I cannot, under any circumstances, have a female therapist. There are no male therapists at that clinic so I have to find another place. I've been wanting someone to talk to or someplace to rant about my problems (the ones I'm comfortable sharing, at least) so...
A few months back I recovered from anorexia nervosa. However, something is creeping its way back into my life and it isn't anorexia. I do not have an obsession with my weight and I do not believe I am fat. I don't exercise excessively and I don't purposely starve myself. I was anorexic before...I know how it is. But I am underweight and I don't have an appetite - I am not hungry. I haven't been eating but it hasn't been affecting me. For example, my stomach doesn't growl or cramp and I don't get "hunger headaches". I just...don't feel the need to eat. It's 7 PM and it's finally dawned on me that I haven't had a single thing to eat since I woke up this morning yet I don't feel any signs of hunger whatsoever. I know I need to eat but I just don't have the motivation to. I have no fear of gaining weight...I REALLY want to gain weight...I'm not sure if it's just me giving up on gaining weight or if something else is going on.
My mother is in the kitchen cooking dinner right now yet I have no desire to eat it once it's done. If I do eat it's by force. I have to force myself to eat something because I feel...a little full. All the time. I have nothing on my stomach but right now I feel full.
I don't know what's wrong with me but I know it isn't anorexia or bulimia. EDNOS? I'm pretty sure it isn't that, either.
ObliviousCat is offline  
Old August 31st, 2015, 10:36 PM   #2
StoppingTom
Great Poster
 
StoppingTom's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tom
Join Date: July 4, 2015
Location: New York
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Something's wrong.

If you have depression, it can lessen appetite to the point where you just forget that eating is a thing/you don't feel hungry at all. Don't know if that applies to you, but it's worth a shot I guesss.

In the meantime while you look for a new therapist, would it be at all possible to set up some kind of alarm system for yourself? Even if you don't feel hungry, you could set an alarm for every few hours to remind you that you need to eat. It's far from a perfect solution, but you know something's up, and short term solutions are better than no solutions.


General Discussions Mod~ If you need me for whatever reason: [email protected]
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ makin my way downtown ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Want to join a simple and fun RPG? Join here!
StoppingTom is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 12:21 AM   #3
ObliviousCat
Member
 
ObliviousCat's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 14, 2015
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 15
Default Re: Something's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aEON View Post
If you have depression, it can lessen appetite to the point where you just forget that eating is a thing/you don't feel hungry at all. Don't know if that applies to you, but it's worth a shot I guesss.

In the meantime while you look for a new therapist, would it be at all possible to set up some kind of alarm system for yourself? Even if you don't feel hungry, you could set an alarm for every few hours to remind you that you need to eat. It's far from a perfect solution, but you know something's up, and short term solutions are better than no solutions.

I do have depression. That sounds pretty plausible, actually. I'll try the alarm, thank you Since I end up forgetting about eating I'm sure the alarms will work. Can't believe I didn't think of that.. > - <"
ObliviousCat is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 04:24 AM   #4
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod
 
Fiction's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kathy
Join Date: January 17, 2010
Location: London, England
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 5
Default Re: Something's wrong.

If you're stressed or upset, or have depression as the above poster said, it can cause complete loss of appetite.

I also found that when I recovered from my ED, it took a while for my appetite to become that of a normal person.

Try eating small things regularly if you struggle with larger meals.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
It’s your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Likes: (1)
Fiction is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 08:37 AM   #5
Mob Boss
Awesome Poster
 
Mob Boss's Forum Picture
 
Name: Bridge
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: In Your Veins
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: Something's wrong.

You know what's weird and what I've somewhat discovered on my eating journey? Our bodies will tell us what we require if we just listen. Perhaps this is your body adjusting to this mentally healthy you, the one not counting every calorie or restricting. And it's accustom to put on weight after recovering, so maybe this is your body after the fact, finding it's comfortable weight. You know anorexia. You've danced with that before. And if this has no resemblance, not even an ugly step sister of one then I think you're out of the water with eating disorders at the moment. I'm not saying having a realization at 7 PM that "hey, I haven't eaten today" is either normal or healthy, but I also wouldn't group this with your past. I know personally that those thoughts accompanying an eating disorder are vastly different than what you've just shared above. Loss of appetite is a symptom of many things or it might not even be a symptom at all. Don't dwell on it, unless it brings up more cause for concern, because you could find yourself thinking unhealthy again.
Likes: (1)
Mob Boss is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:38 PM   #6
ObliviousCat
Member
 
ObliviousCat's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 14, 2015
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 15
Default Re: Something's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
If you're stressed or upset, or have depression as the above poster said, it can cause complete loss of appetite.

I also found that when I recovered from my ED, it took a while for my appetite to become that of a normal person.

Try eating small things regularly if you struggle with larger meals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mob Boss View Post
You know what's weird and what I've somewhat discovered on my eating journey? Our bodies will tell us what we require if we just listen. Perhaps this is your body adjusting to this mentally healthy you, the one not counting every calorie or restricting. And it's accustom to put on weight after recovering, so maybe this is your body after the fact, finding it's comfortable weight. You know anorexia. You've danced with that before. And if this has no resemblance, not even an ugly step sister of one then I think you're out of the water with eating disorders at the moment. I'm not saying having a realization at 7 PM that "hey, I haven't eaten today" is either normal or healthy, but I also wouldn't group this with your past. I know personally that those thoughts accompanying an eating disorder are vastly different than what you've just shared above. Loss of appetite is a symptom of many things or it might not even be a symptom at all. Don't dwell on it, unless it brings up more cause for concern, because you could find yourself thinking unhealthy again.
Thank you for the advice, guys.
ObliviousCat is offline  
Old September 7th, 2015, 12:13 PM   #7
thethingsyouforgot
New Member
 
Name: Lex
Join Date: September 7, 2015
Location: in your ass
Gender: Female
Default Re: Something's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObliviousCat View Post
Something is definitely wrong with me. I no longer have a therapist nor psychiatrist as my former therapist was promoted to being a supervisor. Long story short it's part of my treatment where I cannot, under any circumstances, have a female therapist. There are no male therapists at that clinic so I have to find another place. I've been wanting someone to talk to or someplace to rant about my problems (the ones I'm comfortable sharing, at least) so...
A few months back I recovered from anorexia nervosa. However, something is creeping its way back into my life and it isn't anorexia. I do not have an obsession with my weight and I do not believe I am fat. I don't exercise excessively and I don't purposely starve myself. I was anorexic before...I know how it is. But I am underweight and I don't have an appetite - I am not hungry. I haven't been eating but it hasn't been affecting me. For example, my stomach doesn't growl or cramp and I don't get "hunger headaches". I just...don't feel the need to eat. It's 7 PM and it's finally dawned on me that I haven't had a single thing to eat since I woke up this morning yet I don't feel any signs of hunger whatsoever. I know I need to eat but I just don't have the motivation to. I have no fear of gaining weight...I REALLY want to gain weight...I'm not sure if it's just me giving up on gaining weight or if something else is going on.
My mother is in the kitchen cooking dinner right now yet I have no desire to eat it once it's done. If I do eat it's by force. I have to force myself to eat something because I feel...a little full. All the time. I have nothing on my stomach but right now I feel full.
I don't know what's wrong with me but I know it isn't anorexia or bulimia. EDNOS? I'm pretty sure it isn't that, either.
Starving for a long time can mess with your hunger cues and appetite. You stop eating for so long, and they eventually go away, as your body is used to not eating at all. I have the same problem too. Just be patient and eventually the hunger cues will come back.
thethingsyouforgot is offline  
Old November 17th, 2015, 06:16 AM   #8
Sheilae
Junior Member
 
Name: Sheila
Join Date: June 21, 2015
Gender: Female
Default Re: Something's wrong.

If you are underweight, you'll have sings of anorexia, even if you don't have the desire to weigh less. Just being underweight causes anorexic singns. So please try to eat, even when you don't have the motivaton because ur not hungry. If you reach a healthy weight, these signs will fade away
Sheilae is offline  
Old November 17th, 2015, 06:47 AM   #9
Elysium
Global Moderator
 
Elysium's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 25, 2012
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Something's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilae View Post
If you are underweight, you'll have sings of anorexia, even if you don't have the desire to weigh less. Just being underweight causes anorexic singns. So please try to eat, even when you don't have the motivaton because ur not hungry. If you reach a healthy weight, these signs will fade away
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org