Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 19th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #1
Primenumber
Junior Member+

Default Just ran away from a party...

I don't know why, I have never been crazy about parties but... I went to the forest at 11 pm, it was way less scary then that party.
I didn't survive more than 10 minutes there, I just couldn't. I guess I have social anxiety, I am also afraid of meeting new people, going to shops etc.
I have not told anyone.
I am looking for 1) good excuses and 2) ways to cope with SAD

"Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the earth was made round so we would not see too far down the road"

~Karen Blixen (Isak Dinesen) "Out of Africa"
Primenumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:43 PM   #2
Desuetude
---

Desuetude's Forum Picture

Name: Isaac
Default Re: Just ran away from a party...

I can empathise. When I go to parties with a lot of new people I tend to drink really quickly because it makes me feel so much more confident and you can imagine how 6 shots of vodka in 30 minutes + a lightweight goes down.. it's not a good idea. Honestly, you don't have to go to parties, they're not for everyone and if you're looking for excuses not to go just use the "my parents won't let me" one. You're only 15 so it's still 'socially acceptable' for parents to have some hold of your life. Or just say "I'm not really a party person, sorry", people can't force you to go, if it's the party of a good friend of yours then spend time with them another day, go to the cinema or shopping. There's always a way out of going if you're not comfortable with it. I don't know if those were the types of excuses you were looking for, if I interpreted it wrong then just say.

*edit: for some reason my brain thought by SAD you meant seasonal affective disorder instead of social anxiety disorder even though this is in the anxiety forum, sorry >.<* The answers below are pretty decent though, go to your GP/school counsellor and seek therapy and ways of coping because as said below, anxiety can take over your life if left untreated.
Coping with SAD, I'd say try and keep yourself distracted with lots to do. I understand that your motivation might not be great but the worst thing you can do is sit indoors with nothing to do but think. I've heard that exercise is a good, it releases endorphins and makes you feel good about yourself. If you can keep up a routine and plan your week adding exercise that you enjoy e.g. going swimming or for a jog twice a week etc. then you'll definitely be helping yourself feel better plus keeping fit and feeling healthy can often make you feel good on its own.

Last edited by Desuetude; August 19th, 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Desuetude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #3
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

parties are not for everyone, even people who do not have anxiety issues. have you seen a counselor? stuff like anxiety disorders are good to see a professional. they will be able to teach you some techniques to help you in social situations. even then though, it is not like you have to go to parties. it doesn't make you strange or odd.

if counseling is not an option, just try to find hobbies and things you do enjoy that you can engage in. and, if possible, slowly work your way up in social situations. you pent 10 minutes at a party. next time, try 15 or 20. slowly work your way up if you think you can possibly try it

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #4
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Anxiety fricking sucks and honestly if it doesn't get sorted then chances are it will continue to hinder your life and maybe even get progressively worse. You need help for it, it sounds blunt and to the point but it's the truth. Anxiety can literally ruin your life. This is just a party but it could even start to affect school attendance, etc. It's not an easy thing to get a job with anxiety either. The sooner you get it sorted out, the better your life will be.

With excuses, you could say there was a family emergency or something.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 01:43 AM   #5
Primenumber
Junior Member+

Thanks for your answers guys

"Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the earth was made round so we would not see too far down the road"

~Karen Blixen (Isak Dinesen) "Out of Africa"
Primenumber is offline   Reply With Quote