Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Sasha M
Member++
 
Sasha M's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 19, 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Transgender MtF*
Blog Entries: 8
Default Prefixes and Geneal Discussion Thread

Idea one) We have a gender underneath our avatars, but what about a gender prefix preferences also? Wouldn't that make sense?

Idea two) There's a general discussion group of boards, but there's no GD board for anything that doesn't go anywhere.

Sasha

"My other camera is a Leica." - Me just now

Sasha M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #2
azure moonstone
glowing
 
azure moonstone's Forum Picture
 
Name: Allison
Join Date: November 8, 2012
Location: The Crystal Castle
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 21
Default Re: Prefixes and Geneal Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Person View Post
Idea one) We have a gender underneath our avatars, but what about a gender prefix preferences also? Wouldn't that make sense?

Idea two) There's a general discussion group of boards, but there's no GD board for anything that doesn't go anywhere.
1. I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this - could you give an example?

2. The forum where most miscellaneous threads are either made (or threads end up after being moved) is The White Padded Room. We usually consider that the "no real category" forum.
azure moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM   #3
Sasha M
Member++
 
Sasha M's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 19, 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Transgender MtF*
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Prefixes and Geneal Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
1. I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this - could you give an example?

2. The forum where most miscellaneous threads are either made (or threads end up after being moved) is The White Padded Room. We usually consider that the "no real category" forum.
Well you know, she, he, they, etc.

There's a gender under the avatar, there should also be prefix.

Sasha

"My other camera is a Leica." - Me just now

Sasha M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #4
azure moonstone
glowing
 
azure moonstone's Forum Picture
 
Name: Allison
Join Date: November 8, 2012
Location: The Crystal Castle
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 21
Default Re: Prefixes and Geneal Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Person View Post
Well you know, she, he, they, etc.

There's a gender under the avatar, there should also be prefix.
A lot of work has already been done to incorporate different genders into profiles, and I haven't really seen much call for something like this.

I have seen members add to their signatures the prefixes/pronouns they request to be used. That seems to be a simple enough way to let others know.

Last edited by azure moonstone; August 18th, 2015 at 06:02 AM.
Likes: (2)
azure moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org