Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 15th, 2015, 02:37 AM   #1
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick
Default Panic Attack?

So on Monday evening/early tuesday morning, I discovered that a good friend I was worried about went and blocked me on everything. I had been pestering him a lot because he wasn't replying and I was scared that maybe I made him mad, and I guess I was right. I freaked out a little bit, but I was trying to stay calm. I tried going for a drive which normally helps, but depressing thoughts kept plaguing my brain. I was shaking like mad.

So then I pulled over and tried desperately trying to find someone to talk to. Keep in mind it was like 2:30AM and nobody was awake, not even my BFF was replying. THat's when I started to loose it. I started ranting to myself about how I'm worthless and I guess everyone hates me. I texted this guy I'm somewhat acquainted with, but he was about to go to bed. I explained the situation and asked him to stay up for like 5 minutes and talk to me. However, that made me feel extremely guilty, and then I started crying for the first time in months. Then I started having irrational thoughts and actions (I started going 55 on a 35mph boulevard hoping a cop would pull me over so I would have someone to talk to. Then I thought about purposefully crashing my car). I eventually calmed down when one of my friends replied and I explained to them what was going on, but I was a train wreck that evening. I didn't go to bed till like 4AM.

What would that situation be classified as though - does that fit the definition of a panic attack, nervous breakdown, or something else? Just curious more than anything but I might talk to a therapist about it since anxiety issues exist in my family.
Cognizant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 07:08 AM   #2
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Default Re: Panic Attack?

I wouldn't define it as a panic attack. Nervous breakdown/emotional breakdown probably fits more there, or severe anxiety attack. Panic attacks are more when you just cannot function whatsoever, not even irrationally - well in my experience anyway. I think it was some form of breakdown definitely.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 01:35 PM   #3
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhorrence View Post
I wouldn't define it as a panic attack. Nervous breakdown/emotional breakdown probably fits more there, or severe anxiety attack. Panic attacks are more when you just cannot function whatsoever, not even irrationally - well in my experience anyway. I think it was some form of breakdown definitely.
Ok, good to know
Cognizant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 08:21 AM   #4
jennyem

jennyem's Forum Picture

It's always good to keep perspective and realise how so many people go through this as well!

It's totallt normally and your anxiety attacks will pass!
jennyem is offline   Reply With Quote