Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2005, 12:11 AM   #1
bagoslime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 13, 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Default i get to be frowned upon! yessness

i just finished my testing to see if i had it or not the other day and havent gotten results back but i eill this week and i get to take adderall or some other stuff like that. i also got tested for depression i think cause one of the ?'s on the comp was like "i sometimes hurt my self to relieve emotions" and im probably gunna be brought up positive on that to. so now i get to take zoloft to! lol....so now i get to be one of those wierd kids that everyone frowns upon. yay! my only friend is my other depressed/adhd friend. but we are also very wierdly smart........like we are both in seventh grade. and we are in algebra which is as high as we can be. were also in high l.a. ya but besides that....my gf is what i live for lol. people refer to me as "gothic" but im not gothic at all im not even close to it. i recieve prank calls a whole bunch....its annoying....
bagoslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #2
TheWizard
Retired Administrator
 
TheWizard's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 19, 2004
Location: Hogwarts School
Default

Don't pay any atention to others. Do your own thing.

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #3
dying-to-live
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 31, 2005
Location: ottowa, ontario canada
Default

you know what i think is weid how can you have ADHD AND depression? lol i know its true becayse i also have both...i still think its weird
dying-to-live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #4
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

why would people frown upon you
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2005, 05:19 AM   #5
Spifyrifical14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: October 21, 2005
Location: Hawaii
Default

i somtimes get really hyper and annoying, then i realize what im doing and get really embarassed. i wish i didnt have adhd
Spifyrifical14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2005, 05:21 AM   #6
Spifyrifical14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: October 21, 2005
Location: Hawaii
Default

people frown opon add adhd kids because we somtimes act annoying sigh
Spifyrifical14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM   #7
beautifullytragic
Member+
 
beautifullytragic's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 23, 2005
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Default

ok kids, lemme tell y'all somethin'! I've had ADHD all my life, ok. let me tell you common disorders/other stuff that can sometimes come as package deals with add/adhd. For example- I have ADHD, depression, acute anxiety/stress, I'm OCD, aneorexic, a perfectionist, and a "mild" cutter.

for one thing, depression is very, very common amoung both youngsters, adolescents, and adults with add/adhd.

another thing-anxiety disorder

OCD

Low self-esteem

hyper-activity and/or difficulty focusing, etc.

and many others.

random fact about add/adhd:

95% of all people have some form of add/adhd- 90% of those people have no idea they have it

feel better now?

oh, and did i mention that add/adhd kids are often incredibly gifted/intelligent?
beautifullytragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #8
Toongig
New Member
 
Join Date: February 12, 2006
Location: in the cookie jar
Default

Don't let them get you down. I have ADD too. I just try to calm myself down when I act WAY to hyper.

Ba-Bum-Da... You can\'t find me!

Blast, God\'s escaped again!
Is he in the teapot?
Toongig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #9
beautifullytragic
Member+
 
beautifullytragic's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 23, 2005
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Default

Indeed!

"I'm the other daughter...I'm beautifully tragic."

-Elphaba "Thropp" aka The Wicked Witch of the West (from Wicked, the musical, though the book is also excellent, might I add)
beautifullytragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #10
krzwis
Member+
 
Join Date: March 2, 2006
Location: Vancouver
Default

I'm dating someone who has ADHD and her brother has that and autism.
I didn't even notice till she told me she had it about 3 weeks into our relationship.

lol, funny story...she thinks i have it to (that would actually explain SOOO much).

and about the depresion thing...bleh, alot of teens are. last year i sorta peaked a high.


don't worry so much what other people think (cause then you'll just get more depressed).

"Quit complaining!"
-Philippians 2:14

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. "
-1 Corinthians 13:4-8
krzwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #11
teenhelp
New Member
 
Join Date: April 11, 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatch
95% of all people have some form of add/adhd- 90% of those people have no idea they have it
where did you get this "fact" from?
teenhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #12
kid31989
New Member
 
Join Date: June 7, 2006
Location: florida
Age: 27
Thumbs down Re: i get to be frowned upon! yessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagoslime
i just finished my testing to see if i had it or not the other day and havent gotten results back but i eill this week and i get to take adderall or some other stuff like that. i also got tested for depression i think cause one of the ?'s on the comp was like "i sometimes hurt my self to relieve emotions" and im probably gunna be brought up positive on that to. so now i get to take zoloft to! lol....so now i get to be one of those wierd kids that everyone frowns upon. yay! my only friend is my other depressed/adhd friend. but we are also very wierdly smart........like we are both in seventh grade. and we are in algebra which is as high as we can be. were also in high l.a. ya but besides that....my gf is what i live for lol. people refer to me as "gothic" but im not gothic at all im not even close to it. i recieve prank calls a whole bunch....its annoying....
yea, sorry u have to lie to make urself feel happy, zoloft is for clinical depression, and u dont sound too depressed to me, and there is much more counseling to be done before you are supposed to be perscribed a medicine for either, both aderal and zoloft are very serious drugs, especially when taken be a small child, i think that whole paragraph is a lie, just go kill your self now
kid31989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #13
Charlotte
Great Poster
 
Join Date: January 15, 2006
Default Re: i get to be frowned upon! yessness

im reporting that dude to kiros
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #14
Kiros
Retired Administrator
 
Kiros's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ben
Join Date: May 22, 2004
Location: Albany, LA - USA
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: i get to be frowned upon! yessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid31989
yea, sorry u have to lie to make urself feel happy, zoloft is for clinical depression, and u dont sound too depressed to me, and there is much more counseling to be done before you are supposed to be perscribed a medicine for either, both aderal and zoloft are very serious drugs, especially when taken be a small child, i think that whole paragraph is a lie, just go kill your self now
That's sick, Kid... Never tell someone to commit suicide. Stay away for a week and rethink your attitude towards others.

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org