Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 2nd, 2015, 06:30 PM   #1
Let Me Be a Pony
Banned

Name: Pebbles
Default Insomnia ughhh.

I've had insomnia for about 2 months now or even more.
I generally wake up at 1AM and I go to sleep at 3-4PM.
I'm trying really hard to push this out before college starts.

Usually, when I have insomnia I try to stay up until 10PM, although it's really tiring. Only time i've succeeded with this is whilst drinking coffee or while going hiking while being extremely tired. Apparently, you don't feel the need to sleep when your body is under pressure.
Well, my anxiety has gotten worse and i'm afraid to go outside, so hiking is out of the question.
I'll try to keep myself up until its night with coffee tonight, but i'm afraid i'll fall asleep even with coffee.
Anyone know any other methods of dealing with this, besides coffee?
Let Me Be a Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2015, 05:19 PM   #2
hazelteen

hazelteen's Forum Picture

Name: Axel
Default Re: Insomnia ughhh.

Hate insomnia... Well to tell the truth, I'm suffering now as I write this. I should really be asleep where I live
hazelteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2015, 11:31 PM   #3
TylerK
Junior Member+

Name: Tyler
Default Re: Insomnia ughhh.

I'm probably gonna sound like a guy who has no idea what I'm talking about, but I've suffered from insomnia in the past on multiple occasions. And I'm also addicted to coffee, I don't know if you are, but it sounds like you might be?

Anyway, the best thing to do is to kick the coffee. Caffeine is what screws up your sleeping schedule. You have to find a way to keep yourself up until you can fall asleep at a normal time. And by the way it's not insomnia if you're falling asleep to early, that's just a screwed up sleep schedule haha! Well anyway caffeine will just mess up your brain's internal clock if you have too much. I really feel bad for you because life sucks when you don't get proper sleep. Cheers man, hope you fix it before college.
TylerK is offline   Reply With Quote