Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 21st, 2018, 10:58 AM   #1
devo343

Default Aniexty has gotten worse with age

so im 16 now and ive never felt more worried and anxious in my life its like im in a constant of anxiety from when i wake up till i sleep even falling asleep like for example when i was 13 i dont remember having any anxiety then 14 there was a little but not much then 15 which was mild and now i struggle to get through the day now idk if this is just a teen thing and ill go out of it i do see a therapist which doesn't help that much i just want to be 13 again so i dont have to deal with this i have high function ASD which probably also has something to do with it idk i just need help yes my parents are well knowing that i have pretty bad anxiety the therpest taught me a few tips to use when i am feeling aniexous such as catastrophing and fortune telling{bascaly means that im worrying about something that is 100% going to happen} and now this aniexty is driving me to a mild form of depression the only way to really fix this is too be constantly doing something out of the house which is not allways something i can do but yeah is this just a teenage thing that ill go out off or something else any tips are appreciated
devo343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2018, 01:05 PM   #2
Ilove318

Name: Nirvana
Default Re: Aniexty has gotten worse with age

I don’t think this is a teen thing. Is there anything going on at home or school that could cause this? I think you should tell your therapist something the same as what you posted on this. I’m sorry I can’t be more of help.
Ilove318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 02:19 PM   #3
gurquenjen

Name: Jenn

For me, anyway, my anxiety goes through ups and downs that can last months, but I noticed fairly early on, I think I was like 14, that the fluctuations in anxiety were getting worse and just continuing to be worse, like, if it was a wave function the waves would be getting farther apart, but larger when they occurred...part of it was that I just had a crappy diagnosis, and when I switched doctors, the first question my new doctor asked me was how long I'd been bipolar, and I was just floored, because to me anxiety and depression were two separate things, but, I did some mental digging and found out there was a massive mania element to my episodes that I'd just been ignoring as 'productivity.' Really, though, if you think your anxiety is getting worse, talk to a professional about it, because they might be able to help, offer some perspective, and do all those other things we pay them to do.
gurquenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:26 PM   #4
nebula

nebula's Forum Picture

Name: shanie

Depression, Loss and Grief Anxiety

I don’t think this is just a “teen thing”, you may be more predisposed to it because of your ASD, even if it is high-functioning.

Quote:
Children and young people with ASD frequently experience a range of cognitive (thinking), learning, emotional and behavioural problems. For example, they may also have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, or depression.
You will definitely want to mention your recent feelings to your therapist to see if there’s a different approach that can be used to help tackle the feelings of anxiety/depression since it does not seem to be 100% effective for you. Have they tried using medication yet? Or a mixture of both drug therapy and CBT (the most effective form of treatment). You could keep track of your anxiety levels throughout the day via journal and trying to explain your feelings in the moment: giving that to your therapist may be a doorway through to the way you’re truly feeling.

nebula ~ help and advice moderator

last.fm~
“i wouldn’t be who i’d be without you”

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
nebula is offline   Reply With Quote