Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2015, 09:08 AM   #1
Let Me Be a Pony
Banned
 
Name: Pebbles
Join Date: January 20, 2015
Location: Awoo~
Gender: Male
Default Da new Like button

I hope you guys add an upgrade to this feature, which permits you to place only a certain amount of likes a day, because it seems you can troll around pretty neatly with this button.
Was told if you get a like, you get notified. Imagine someone spam abusing all the posts he/she sees from a given user.

EDIT: Wrong section, sorry. Thought I was under the "Suggestions" section. Reported my thread to be moved.

Last edited by Let Me Be a Pony; July 24th, 2015 at 09:11 AM.
Let Me Be a Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 09:12 AM   #2
Horatio Nelson
Retired Bro
 
Horatio Nelson's Forum Picture
 
Name: Zach
Join Date: March 11, 2013
Location: Battle Of Trafalgar
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

TWPR Suggestions

Horatio Nelson

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19*Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20*Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
-Ali-
Horatio Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 09:54 AM   #3
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead
 
Typhlosion's Forum Picture
 
Name: Alex
Join Date: December 18, 2013
Location: Brazil!
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Da new Like button

I don't think that should be a problem.

About the like button, it think that the colours, especially in the darker themes Dark Inferno and Black & Gold, do not look nice at all and the grey background makes things harder to read. Couldn't there just be a coloured border and the background colour being the same as the rest if the post? Also, that like button is disproportionate to the other buttons on the bottom-right corner.

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Likes: (1)
Typhlosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:42 AM   #4
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: Da new Like button

We decided to not limit the number of likes for now. The hope is that this will be used maturely. However, as mentioned in the announcement, if you believe someone is abusing the system (liking every one of your posts, spam liking, trying to trade likes, etc) let myself, mike or Steven know and we'll deal with it.

But for now, hopefully we're mature enough to not need a limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion View Post
I don't think that should be a problem.

About the like button, it think that the colours, especially in the darker themes Dark Inferno and Black & Gold, do not look nice at all and the grey background makes things harder to read. Couldn't there just be a coloured border and the background colour being the same as the rest if the post? Also, that like button is disproportionate to the other buttons on the bottom-right corner.
I disagree with you I think, the darker background overall makes it easier to read. I didn't have an issue with it, however we'll definitely keep this in mind, and see. The feedback is always welcomed. Also, yes the bottom is bigger. I wouldn't want it any smaller, or the other buttons any bigger. I think it's fine how it is, and easy to get to the button.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali

Last edited by xXl0sth0peXx; July 24th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 06:47 PM   #5
Meh Guy
Awesome Poster
 
Meh Guy's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: July 2, 2011
Location: Ontario
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx View Post

But for now, hopefully we're mature enough to not need a limit.
I'm assuming you would have to make it painfully obvious that you're spamming to get a warning/infractions? Because I don't want to accidentally get in trouble for like liking a bunch of say my friend's posts that I actually believe deserve a like.




Jack is bae <3

Quote:
Idk, straight guys are weird, that's my final answer.
Meh Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 09:07 PM   #6
Body odah Man
VT Lover
 
Body odah Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 22, 2013
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossary View Post
I hope you guys add an upgrade to this feature, which permits you to place only a certain amount of likes a day, because it seems you can troll around pretty neatly with this button.
Was told if you get a like, you get notified. Imagine someone spam abusing all the posts he/she sees from a given user.

EDIT: Wrong section, sorry. Thought I was under the "Suggestions" section. Reported my thread to be moved.
I like it

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 11:21 PM   #7
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meh Guy View Post
I'm assuming you would have to make it painfully obvious that you're spamming to get a warning/infractions? Because I don't want to accidentally get in trouble for like liking a bunch of say my friend's posts that I actually believe deserve a like.
Yeah, and it's more obvious than you'd think for us to tell if it is obvious or not. Ideally, it shouldn't even be an issue, but it just has to really get put out there god forbid it does happen ya know. Basically, don't scroll through and like every single post in every single thread, if that makes sense.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2015, 11:57 PM   #8
lyhom
Great Poster
 
lyhom's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 28, 2013
Location: ottawa
Age: 19
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

honestly I'm just surprised that we now have a like feature, never thought it was gonna happen lmao

anyways I'm sure people won't overuse it here, don't worry
lyhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 12:36 AM   #9
Deleted User
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: August 28, 2010
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx View Post
Yeah, and it's more obvious than you'd think for us to tell if it is obvious or not. Ideally, it shouldn't even be an issue, but it just has to really get put out there god forbid it does happen ya know. Basically, don't scroll through and like every single post in every single thread, if that makes sense.
Is there any way to give users the option to turn off 'like' notifications because I just got one and I can already see it getting old fast and I'm only here like once a week as it is.

Or is there a way to toggle which notifications we get already? God, I've been here five years, modded, and I still don't know these things.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #10
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx View Post
Yeah, and it's more obvious than you'd think for us to tell if it is obvious or not. Ideally, it shouldn't even be an issue, but it just has to really get put out there god forbid it does happen ya know. Basically, don't scroll through and like every single post in every single thread, if that makes sense.
this is good to know because I was having some concerns myself. thanks for the clarification

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 10:10 AM   #11
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
Is there any way to give users the option to turn off 'like' notifications because I just got one and I can already see it getting old fast and I'm only here like once a week as it is.

Or is there a way to toggle which notifications we get already? God, I've been here five years, modded, and I still don't know these things.
I do not believe that is an option, sorry.

My best solution to you is to just click the notification to rid it and it's gone. You don't have to pay attention to who liked it or what post, just to toggle the notification. That's an interesting idea, but I'm fairly certain it isn't possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
this is good to know because I was having some concerns myself. thanks for the clarification
Yup, anytime. And with that being said, if you (you plural in this case) are ever unsure, you can always ask if we think you're overdoing it. We won't bite your head off.. at least right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyhom View Post
honestly I'm just surprised that we now have a like feature, never thought it was gonna happen lmao

anyways I'm sure people won't overuse it here, don't worry

After rep, and the way rep and the whole system went down, a break from any type of system was needed. It's just the fact. This system was a long time in the making, and we wanted to make sure it was something that wouldn't burn in flames the way rep did, and didn't want to rush towards anything. Hopefully, this is a happy medium.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 12:19 PM   #12
Meh Guy
Awesome Poster
 
Meh Guy's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: July 2, 2011
Location: Ontario
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

@xXl0sth0peXx

Is there any intention of adding it to the p101 sub forums in the future? I noticed in the announcement you said it is disabled for now.




Jack is bae <3

Quote:
Idk, straight guys are weird, that's my final answer.
Meh Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 01:21 PM   #13
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meh Guy View Post
@xXl0sth0peXx

Is there any intention of adding it to the p101 sub forums in the future? I noticed in the announcement you said it is disabled for now.

For now, no. And to be honest, in the foreseeable feature, the answer's still no. There's a bunch of reasons I could rat off, but among others, figuring out who can like in what sections, and moderating that as well would be next to impossible, and a lot of work. Could it be considered? Of course.. But it just doesn't seem likely.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 03:33 PM   #14
Deleted User
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: August 28, 2010
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx View Post
I do not believe that is an option, sorry.

My best solution to you is to just click the notification to rid it and it's gone. You don't have to pay attention to who liked it or what post, just to toggle the notification. That's an interesting idea, but I'm fairly certain it isn't possible.
Damn, well, like I said I'm only on like once a week anyway so it's not like it's some earth-shattering crisis. Just wondered if that option was there. If not, I'll live.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 10:31 PM   #15
kryptonite
Member++
 
Join Date: June 27, 2010
Gender: Female
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
Is there any way to give users the option to turn off 'like' notifications because I just got one and I can already see it getting old fast and I'm only here like once a week as it is.

Or is there a way to toggle which notifications we get already? God, I've been here five years, modded, and I still don't know these things.


Assuming it were to be possible, I'd request a "You can turn it off, but then you can't go around clicking other 'like' buttons" rule.

In other words, if you turn it off, the thumb icon disappears. I think that's only fair.
kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 12:04 PM   #16
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator
 
ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture
 
Name: Mike
Join Date: April 26, 2010
Location: US
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
Assuming it were to be possible, I'd request a "You can turn it off, but then you can't go around clicking other 'like' buttons" rule.

In other words, if you turn it off, the thumb icon disappears. I think that's only fair.
That is not possible, or would take a lot of difficult coding/editing to an addon that we did not create from scratch.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.


Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 10:38 PM   #17
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator
 
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
 
Name: Steven
Join Date: July 12, 2011
Location: In Time
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion View Post
I don't think that should be a problem.

About the like button, it think that the colours, especially in the darker themes Dark Inferno and Black & Gold, do not look nice at all and the grey background makes things harder to read. Couldn't there just be a coloured border and the background colour being the same as the rest if the post? Also, that like button is disproportionate to the other buttons on the bottom-right corner.
You're right, those colors were kinda hard to read, I changed them.

And yeah it's disproportionate, but that's because all the buttons on all the themes are different sizes, so to me it made more sense to unify the buttons then to make them all different sizes so they'd only kinda match the themes.

Mikey was here



Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 11:57 PM   #18
phuckphace
VT Lover
 
Join Date: February 24, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Da new Like button

I for one am rather disappointed with the lack of a karma meter like on le reddit

how am I supposed to show off all my upboats?

~ not posting anymore cru ~
phuckphace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:42 AM   #19
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator
 
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
 
Name: Steven
Join Date: July 12, 2011
Location: In Time
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Da new Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuckphace View Post
I for one am rather disappointed with the lack of a karma meter like on le reddit

how am I supposed to show off all my upboats?
We did that for that exact reason actually. Rep was destroyed because of the meter and number, so we decided to get rid of it with this mod.
I'm sure you'll find other ways to show off the updoots, ofc

Mikey was here



Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:47 AM   #20
phuckphace
VT Lover
 
Join Date: February 24, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Da new Like button

you might take my rep and my karma meter, but you'll never take my postcount (fight me irl)

~ not posting anymore cru ~
phuckphace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org