Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2015, 06:25 PM   #1
Renata_cmp
Banned

Default tips to prevent a 'crisis'

hey, maybe im in the wrong section or it's inapporpriate or insulting, so feel free to kick this thread out, but i would like to ask something

do you people have tips to resists to an 'eating crisis' (i dont know the terms but like when you cant control yourself and just eat bad stuff (sorry again if i sound offensive)) this is not for me, i dont suffer from eating disorders, im just looking for tips to my bulimic friend.

Hes been overweight and very self consious for years now, people picks on him, everybody tells him he will never find a girlfriend because he is fat etc... i try to help him as muc has i can to overcome his eating problems, i know i cant "cure" him, but if i can give him tips and advices it would mean a lot to me.

Right now he's eating relatively healthy, avoiding sweet stuff most of the week, trying to eat less and more vegetables, but sometimes he has moments where he breaks out and would go buy some fast food or eat ice cream...
i was wondering if there was anything he could do to prevent these moments to "take control of him" like i wish i could tell him "when these though come, fight them! think about something else, breath" or something but i feel like i dont know what im talking about and it's probably not helping at all... what could i do in these moments...
Old July 17th, 2015, 06:31 PM   #2
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Default Re: tips to prevent a 'crisis'

I think that you'd have to be incredibly sensitive to this subject. If you tell him that he shouldn't eat certain stuff or eat unhealthy then he's most likely just going to think that you're being insensitive and horrible, despite your good intentions. I think the best thing to do is to just continue to be there for him, tell him that you notice him losing weight or something, just be generally supportive and keep his spirits high. Eating disorders are obviously caused by negative self-image or brought on by another mental illness and honestly a lot of them can be assisted by simple support. I'm not saying you're gonna cure him by any means, but you'll definitely help by just continuing being a good friend.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Old July 17th, 2015, 10:58 PM   #3
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky

Anybody who got a ED is very very sensitive to weight & body image...The way out is to generate positiveity about the body image and distraction from obsessive ideas about food.....
I got many physical traits from my dad...He has been the skinniest of kids until his late teens but got really filled out in uni and after kids and stuff and is now a bit overweight (typical dad-bod type).
So I'd not be surprised to see pounds coming up in my 20s . But when stick skinny me started to soften a bit by 14 or so I was devastated and it plunged me almost into an ED ( I used laxatives too!!) being the quiet "emo" type I kept this to myself and cried alone...
Then I got this wonderful GF who understood my issue....She'd trick me to eating healthy...She built up this routine where she undress me and make out a bit where she pokes fun of my skinny bod and the bits of fat that are forming...It takes the stress out of my self consciousness and when I'm distracted I am coaxed slowly into a hearty meal ..(still in my undies!!!)..At the end I've eaten more and more....This way I was salvaged from my poor body image......
Now after 2y I've gained 20kg to become 66kg at 172cm..I am gaining but I knw it is in my genes..,no point starving..I am not shy of my now skinny-fat body to the degree that I just take my kit off and plunge to pools/river just in my briefs...!
Old July 19th, 2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Renata_cmp
Banned

66kg for 172 cm seems pretty normal to me, i dont get that "skinny-fat" term is it a new thing? My friend is now 85 kg for 170 cm, he used to be around 94 kg a few years ago. To me its slightly overweight but he cant stop saying he is obese, that a guy his height should be between 50 and 60 kg...
Old July 21st, 2015, 06:12 PM   #5
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

The OP is banned.
Closed Thread