Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #1
brokenfaerie
Junior Member+

brokenfaerie's Forum Picture

Default ....father......

i don't know what the FUCK is his FUCKING problem. my FUCKING father tells me, his 18 FUCKING year old daughter, that there's no FUCKING rated R movies allowed in the FUCKING house!! when the FUCK did that become a FUCKING rule? never stopped him before!!

god he just takes over my damn life! i'm not allowed to move out. i'm not allowed to have boys over. i have to be in bed at 10 pm. i'm not allowed to watch half the shows i want to watch. i'm not allowed to have a tv in my room. i'm not allowed to have a laptop even if i buy it. i'm not allowed to leave the house with out someone knowing where i am. i'm not allowed to draw images that are dark even though he paints pictures of naked ladies. i'm not allowed to get a tattoo. i'm not allowed to drink, smoke, gamble. i'm not allowed to FUCKING swear!

well no more! he says he owns my body until the day i'm married. well how about i STARVE that body! maybe cut it to shreds or god knows.....KILL IT!!!!!!!!!

he says he wants me to grow up but why won't he let me? i'm not his first child! he let my other siblings grow up but just because i'm not exactly stable in the brain suddenly i'm treated like britney spears.

he ruined my happy mood from working out.
brokenfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM   #2
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph
Default Re: ....father......

Sounds like my dad. The minute I start growing up, he started being a jackass and put restrictions on me that I didn't have before and was harder on me than my older sister. I don't think that your dad wants to accept the fact that his baby girl is grown up... and from the way he seems to be treating you, he thinks you're a little child.

I'd say go out and rebel since you're legally an adult, but all I can really say is keep the peace and just bear with it until you have the money to move out of your own or find someplace else to move... he can't MAKE you stay in that house if you're 18.

If it's truly as bad as you say it is, I would confront him about your concerns in an adult like manner, prove him wrong.

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #3
brokenfaerie
Junior Member+

thanks. i'm just worried about getting kicked out. my sister got kicked out when she rebelled and i didn't see her for 6 years. he's not the type to change. but i'm trying to make peace with it. maybe i can try to get him to stretch some of the rules that aren't that serious like the bed time
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #4
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

Well you are 18 now so you can move out if you like, but if you're living under someones roof it's there rules.

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
thesphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #5
brokenfaerie
Junior Member+

he says if i move out he'll take me court to question my mental capabilty to take care of myself on my own and i have a bad track record of hospital visits.
Old April 15th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #6
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

Have you confronted him about all this?

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
thesphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #7
brokenfaerie
Junior Member+

yeah and in family therapy. but its hard cuz' i pity him since he's so bipolar but won't get treatment for it. and he gets off controling my life. i talked to my therapist and she says that if my dad goes to court she'll testify on my behalf but i just hate the idea that he believes he owns me.
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:25 AM   #8
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph

If your therapist will testify on your behalf, I say just move out.
Your dad may just be all bark and no bite... trying to put fear into you.
If he does take you to court, they shouldn't hold your record against you until you have proven that you are unable. After all, it's innocent until proven guilty and you have to prove to the court that you are mentally sound enough NOW to live on your own and take care of yourself.

Trust me on this. My parents used to use my being Bipolar in their custody battles all of the time and both would argue that the other did not provide a stable enviornment. Due to their inability to come to an agreement, and the judge getting fed up with them acting like I couldn't hadnle myself, the court allowed me to choose what I got to do.

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #9
AutumnDae
<3

AutumnDae's Forum Picture

Name: Autumn

I would say definitely talk to your dad about all of this. Try to make it when you are both in a good mood. Talking things over with people when one or both parties are not in a good mood has not worked in my benefit in my personal experience. If you really want to move out, then I say take essasteph's advice, and move out. Or if you aren't ready yet, talk to him maybe about taking at least some of the restrictions on you off. Just ask him about all of this, is my advice.

[It's FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they'll never stop doing I think it's FEARLESS to stop believing them. Letting go is FEARLESS. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after.]
~Laura was here~
AutumnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:53 AM   #10
Prince Jellyfish
Member+

Prince Jellyfish's Forum Picture

That's really fucked up.
=[
Prince Jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote