Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old June 14th, 2015, 02:35 PM   #1
mai-rin
Member++

mai-rin's Forum Picture

Name: Kat
Post Advice/tips for bulimia recovery

I've recently been diagnosed with bulimia nervosa after a self harm incident that ended in me being admitted to hospital for 4 days.Since then, I've been thinking about way's to 'recover'.I do not wish to live the rest of my life like this; because it's making me weak, antisocial and I do not wish to lose my teeth.The first step was reaching out for help, which I finally have.I know the mindset I have will take a long time to change, but in the immediate, I was looking for advice from any others on how to recover, or not feel sick/binge.

I've recognized that I have an issue and although it won't be instant, I want to at least try to get better... and if I fall, I'll fall knowing I made an effort to recover.

Thanks in advance,

Kat.

mai-rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 08:42 PM   #2
danny87786

Default Re: Advice/tips for bulimia recovery

I was bulimic as well for on and off for three years or soo something like that. I was seeing a threapist and its helped then I had the stomach flu and I was binging and purging for for the excitment of it than body image issues. Then thats stoped. Then I had some persoanll struggles that I had to deal with and I wanted to hurt myself as any way possible, untill my grandmother caught my vommiting. And you juist have to know my grandmother and the situation with my family and since then I have not shuved my fingers up my throat again. Sometimes my dear I find the hard way is the best way I finally stoped and my nana worked better than a threapist
danny87786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2015, 09:03 PM   #3
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth
Default Re: Advice/tips for bulimia recovery

although I have not suffered through this, the best advice I can give you is to seek professional help. some are even trained and specialize in eating disorders. i is not the type of thing which you should try on your own

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote