Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2015, 04:35 PM   #1
Rhony

Rhony's Forum Picture

Name: Rhony
Default Overeating

I think I have an over eating problem . An hour after eating anything (beside a large meal, like a full chipotle burito large and a large drink) I'll get the same hunger feeling. Its gotten so bad that I've gained 30-40 pounds.
Old May 26th, 2015, 05:12 PM   #2
Ridonks_CB
Member++

Ridonks_CB's Forum Picture

Name: Crystal
Default Re: Overeating

Are you perhaps stressed out, or feeling down when you get these feelings to indulge?

~If you ever need to just talk, I'm right here <3~

Repeat after me:
My body is not wrong, or ugly, too big or too thin, too pale or too dark, too broken or too strong. It is the vessel of a precious life and that is enough.

Old May 26th, 2015, 05:27 PM   #3
WanderingHeart
Nice Poster

Name: Sola

It might be the whole stress eating thing, if you're feeling stressed out, I have the same thing too where I just eat when stressed. It could be that, or maybe you're really bored.

It could also be that you're not drinking enough water.

Old May 26th, 2015, 05:29 PM   #4
Mil1dreded

As crystal said have you got anything stressful or depressing going in your life I gained weight when I was depressed if not I'd consult a doctor to see if they can help or maybe diagnose you with something then help you to find a solution
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:51 PM   #5
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan

@Rhony,

Try cutting down on the eating little by little. Like try to refrain from this over-eating and address the fact to yourself that it's a serious problem and you can't let it get out of hand. It could ruin your self-esteem if you let it get too bad.

If ever you get to the point where you absolutely cannot control it, then consult a doctor. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out.
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:56 PM   #6
Airrd

Airrd's Forum Picture

Name: Eric

If you eat your food slower you will fill up and not have eaten so much maybe? That works for me sometimes if I eat slow I will not be so hungry

M|19|Bi|Student
Old June 5th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #7
CuteGuy889
Great Poster

Name: vicky

May be u are distracted while eating? do u have ur TV on, do u eat with ur GF?? reading?

My GF used to distract me when eating cos she thought I was too skinny and getting anorexic..( I kinda was!!)

She'd slowly undress me to my briefs checking out & making fun of my body. Then get me to sit in front of TV & make-out, belly rub, eat, chat and unknwing I've been "tricked" to a whole lot of high cal stuff....

Skinny me became chunky me & got 20 kilo heavier with this.!!!
Old June 9th, 2015, 08:51 AM   #8
Straya
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhony View Post
I think I have an over eating problem . An hour after eating anything (beside a large meal, like a full chipotle burito large and a large drink) I'll get the same hunger feeling. Its gotten so bad that I've gained 30-40 pounds.
you might just be thirsty your body sometimes gives you hunger signals when it really wants a drink so before you eat try drinking some water first

bi aussie guy always up for making new friends. im on kik or pm more than im on skype
Old June 9th, 2015, 10:54 AM   #9
Jaffe
Awesome Poster

Jaffe's Forum Picture

Name: Jaffe

Cola drinks make you both thirsty and hungry. Is that 'large drink' a coke?
Meals should be slow and social. If you can't talk, you're eating too fast. Small servings last the whole meal if you take time to talk and think and eat slow and enjoy it.
Old June 11th, 2015, 01:13 AM   #10
Hey you
Junior Member+

Hey you's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airrd View Post
If you eat your food slower you will fill up and not have eaten so much maybe? That works for me sometimes if I eat slow I will not be so hungry
You should try what he says.
Old June 14th, 2015, 06:38 AM   #11
Elena_
Member+

Elena_'s Forum Picture

Quote:
Hey , that happens to me too !! I love eating and Im always hungry lol Im not fat tho , but Im trying to control myself. If Im eating too much , I think "If you eat more cookies (for example) , you wont be able to wear bikinis or you will have more strech marks, so you better stop" This may sound stupid , but it works
Old July 6th, 2015, 03:44 AM   #12
Blazefire

Blazefire's Forum Picture

I dont like food :O its so exhausting to chew it. may be you should try indian food because they are spicy enough to reduce your hunger. i think you should change your diet for more healthier food.
Old July 6th, 2015, 12:57 PM   #13
Dune
Junior Member+

Dune's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazefire View Post
I dont like food :O its so exhausting to chew it. may be you should try indian food because they are spicy enough to reduce your hunger. i think you should change your diet for more healthier food.

I can second this. Also try to reduce drinking soda and certain beverages, which are known to include ingredients such as sodium which is supposed to make you thirstier or hungrier. Also when I'm super hungry, I drink water until I feel almost full, which really suppresses those urges to pig out.

17/m USA
Old July 8th, 2015, 03:08 PM   #14
xXoblivionXx
Awkward Taco :3

xXoblivionXx's Forum Picture

this happens to me sometimes.. i'll get anxious and binge eat
Old August 15th, 2015, 03:18 PM   #15
Sheilae

Name: Sheila

Probably it isn't even hunger but a habit. Beat it, just simply tell yourself 'I won't eat until my next meal.' And have portions that are good for you, and nutritious! It should nourish you and not be used as a distraction or a habit. And I KNOW it's easy said and NOT easy done bc I have bulimia and if I don't tell myself to stop I go eating all day. But you have the key, you gotta stop it and you can! Go for it! (:
Old October 28th, 2015, 06:39 AM   #16
AliceTaylor
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Overeating

When stressed, one must keep healthy snacks close by at all times. If you're not truly hungry, have a glass of water instead and try to divert your mind.
Old October 31st, 2015, 12:42 PM   #17
qede
Banned

find the cause - probably stress. Remove the cause and overeating will go away
Old March 17th, 2016, 06:19 AM   #18
Cristina15

Cristina15's Forum Picture

Name: Cristina

Quote:
I think the best thing to do is to find the cause (stress ?). Then you must understand that eating thins kind of food (chipotle burito, etc..) is junk food and then not healty...

Cristina - 15f - Italy
Old September 5th, 2016, 06:21 AM   #19
Lina756

Avoid excess intake of fatty or spicy foods.
Old September 13th, 2016, 01:20 PM   #20
jxxx_z

Name: Jake

If it's stress that's causing this, try joining a gym! Working out is a great way to blow off steam, and lose the extra weight you say you've put on
Closed Thread