Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Underground_Network's Forum Picture

Name: Adam
Default Ten Reasons NOT to Commit Suicide

Not sure where this belongs, could be fitting in cutting and self harm and mental crisis as well...

10 reasons not to commit suicide

1. If you're reading this, there is at least a small part in you that doesn't want to die. Listen to it, and please read on.

2. Suicide is final; once it's done, there's no changing your mind. Since you have even the slightest of doubts, you owe it to yourself to stay alive.

3. You can always kill yourself later, why not wait? Even if you wait just one day, you may find a reason not to kill yourself in the meantime.

4. If you're feeling suicidal, you're probably in more pain than you know how to handle. There are ways to reduce the pain, and ways to learn to deal with pain. You can learn both - either way things will get better.

5. Just because you're feeling suicidal doesn't mean you have to act on that feeling.

6. Consider this: if you're trying to escape from the pain you are in and seek relief, suicide is not the answer. You cannot feel relief, or anything else for that matter, if you are dead. You must stay alive in order to feel the relief you seek.

7. Often when feeling suicidal you feel alone. You are not alone; you found us didn't you? Turn to your family or friends or a priest or a rabbi (or someone on here) anyone that will listen. If you don't know whom to turn to, use the links on the right-hand side of this page to find resources that can help. [these links are on the website that is linked at the bottom of the page]

8. By terminating your life right now, you terminate your future. Consider this: we create our own future. You have the power to create whatever future you wish for yourself. But you need to be alive in order to have that future.

9. If you're sensitive enough to be in so much pain that you no longer want to live, you're probably sensitive enough to care about, and want to help others. Maybe you don't feel like helping anyone else right now, but why not help yourself? And perhaps by not killing yourself and overcoming your difficulties you can later help someone else who is in a similar situation. (From personal experiences over time, I've learned this is VERY, VERY TRUE)

10. Finally, don't do it because I'm personally asking you not to. Whatever you're feeling, whatever you're going through, things can get better; I know because I've been there. Maybe I haven't experienced exactly what you have, but not only have I thought of suicide, I tried it; thankfully I was unsuccessful and I can speak from personal experience when I tell you things can get better. (This is true for me too, I've tried suicide dozens of times, thankfully all were unsuccessful. To this day I still contemplate suicide, but I've grown strong enough to avoid acting on those thoughts/urges).

I got this off of http://www.the-bright-side.org/site/...de/section/325 and hope it can help make a difference in someone's life. I've finally decided that suicide is off the table, its not an option. I don't want to make a permanent mistake, and suicide is the most permanent mistake you can make. I refuse to commit suicide. If you're having doubts about living, just read over this, and then remember, that we as a VT community are hear for you. YOU SPEAK, WE LISTEN. We will always do our best to comfort you and help you out. That is our ultimate goal. We hate to see a member choose to end their life. We hate to see them even contemplate it. It just gets everyone else upset. Depression IS contagious. If I can prevent one person from getting depressed and going suicidal, possibly I can set off a chain reaction and prevent even more people from wanting to kill themselves. Just remember, suicide is never the correct answer to the question that you ask yourself.

~Adam~
I'm way too high (too high too high)
To be feeling this dry and low
I'm way too tired, I've tried
I'm fired up and ready to roll
Lets go

Last edited by Underground_Network; August 22nd, 2009 at 06:56 AM.
Underground_Network is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Mzor203
VT Lover

Name: Rex
Default Re: Ten Reasons NOT to Commit Suicide

Great post, rep+.
Mzor203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Nihilus
Awesome Poster

Nihilus's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin

Another reason is if you commit suicide you will most likely hurt our loved one ( family, Bf or Gf and so on)

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."
―The Code of the Sith
Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Nihilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #4
japanman
Awesome Poster

japanman's Forum Picture

Name: Jacob

OMG gooooooooooooooooooooooooo U_N dude keep your brain goin your smart Rep++++++++ dam i cant give you that much.

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes." Ichigo
"I'm depressed...might as well make a snow angel."
THE DOG - Mathew
japanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Techno Monster
Jump into the river.

Techno Monster's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

AWESOME POST (i hear rep coming...)
Techno Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #6
theOperaGhost
Banned

Good Advice U_N.
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:01 AM   #7
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Underground_Network's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

Wow, this is old, and to be honest I don't even remember posting it, but I've added a little bit and fixed some things that got messed up from that formatting thingy that happened back in '08, but yeah, I feel this is important (and even though it's old it shouldn't be locked), because I honestly made it through for most of these reasons, and when I first posted this I was unbelievably depressed and constantly having thoughts of suicide.

At this point I've overcome the majority of my depression and I'm very rarely suicidal (though because I do have a tendency to overreact to certain emotional situations, I do contemplate suicide in certain rare instances, but I now have the strength to not act on that contemplation. Suicide is simply a distant thought at this point, it's something that comes to mind, but something that I manage to push out of my mind and replace with happier thoughts).

If you need someone to talk to because there's no else out there, I'm here. Ask almost anyone on here and they'll tell you that I try my best when it comes to helping and being kind to others. Yeah, if you get too close to me things can get a little weird, but that can be avoided. I'm just here to talk, to help you through life's struggles. My goal in life is to save as many lives as possible. It's an impossible task some may say, but I have no specific numerical goal, and therefore one life is good enough. If I can save you, it will not only improve your life, but mine as well.

Please, read these ten reasons, check out that website, don't have this locked because it's old and if you need someone to talk to, I along with a multitude of others members on here would LOVE to talk with you and help you through whatever you're going through right now. Most of us have had similar experiences and understand depression and thoughts of suicide. We've been there, and thus we can truly understand you and what you're going through and truly help you.

Please, if you need some guidance, we're here. Don't hesitate to PM me or one of the counselors or anyone else on here who seems willing to help you out.

~Adam~
I'm way too high (too high too high)
To be feeling this dry and low
I'm way too tired, I've tried
I'm fired up and ready to roll
Lets go
Underground_Network is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #8
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Thank you for the bump Adam, it is an important message for people to hear.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #9
Project Delta
Banned

Project Delta's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron

Thanks adam + rep
Project Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #10
Dutlee

Dutlee's Forum Picture

Name: dusty

thats really good and i think it will help alot of ppl (i need to tell all my ex abot this)

hey yall lindsey is my bff so be nice to her and add her.
Dutlee is offline   Reply With Quote