Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old April 8th, 2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Dorythegingersnap

Name: Anna
Default [Trigger Warning] New Urges

I haven't cut in over a year, and that used to be my main form of sh, but I was able to stop. At almost the year mark I started really really wanting to cut again, and now it's been almost 2 months since the 1 year mark. Last week I was going to cut, but the only way I could not cut was I burned myself on purpose for the first time. Unfortunately it didn't even hurt at all, so it did next to nothing even though the visual stimulus was helpful. I still want to cut though, and I don't know how long I can hold it off. Any ideas that might actually work?

Added a trigger warning to the title. ~Hannah

Last edited by Luminous; April 9th, 2015 at 11:46 AM.
Dorythegingersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:36 PM   #2
MadManic
Junior Member+

Name: Jess
Default Re: New Urges

since you mentioned visual stimulus, try using a red pen or marker on your skin and drawing slash marks or if you can draw what an actual cut would look like. I did that and it helped me stop for a while
MadManic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 08:14 PM   #3
Meh Guy
Awesome Poster

Meh Guy's Forum Picture

Name: Adam
Default Re: New Urges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorythegingersnap View Post
I haven't cut in over a year, and that used to be my main form of sh, but I was able to stop. At almost the year mark I started really really wanting to cut again, and now it's been almost 2 months since the 1 year mark. Last week I was going to cut, but the only way I could not cut was I burned myself on purpose for the first time. Unfortunately it didn't even hurt at all, so it did next to nothing even though the visual stimulus was helpful. I still want to cut though, and I don't know how long I can hold it off. Any ideas that might actually work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManic View Post
since you mentioned visual stimulus, try using a red pen or marker on your skin and drawing slash marks or if you can draw what an actual cut would look like. I did that and it helped me stop for a while
This may actually work, nice suggestion. As for you wanting to cut, you need to find distractions. Visual, mental and physical work well. Fill up your time. I congratulate you on the 14 month mark, keep working towards a better happier life.

Another way to stop the urges is to figure out what's causing them. Is it more stress? You feel depressed? Or maybe you just miss the feeling it gave you? If its the latter then the above strategies should work. However if you have more stress in your life, try to cut it out.

Feel free to message me about it if you need to

Jack is bae <3

Quote:
Idk, straight guys are weird, that's my final answer.
Meh Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:51 PM   #4
Dorythegingersnap

Name: Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManic View Post
I've tried this and it hasn't worked for me:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meh Guy View Post
This may actually work, nice suggestion. As for you wanting to cut, you need to find distractions. Visual, mental and physical work well. Fill up your time. I congratulate you on the 14 month mark, keep working towards a better happier life.

Another way to stop the urges is to figure out what's causing them. Is it more stress? Youfeel depressed? Or maybe you just miss the feeling it gave you? If its the latter then the above strategies should work. However if you have more stress in your life, try to cut it out.

Feel free to message me about it if you need to
I've spent the past 4 years trying to figure out why, but if I can finally find the source, I'll let you know. I might have to take you up on the offer to message you, because I get the feeling you are a very distracting person

Double posts merged. ~Hannah

Last edited by Luminous; April 13th, 2015 at 07:02 PM. Reason: merging
Dorythegingersnap is offline   Reply With Quote