Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 7th, 2015, 01:46 PM   #1
Dying Ember
Member++

Name: Maya
Default is something wrong?

I don't have an eating disorder, but there are some problems with eating that I have and I'm worried its going to get worse. (sorry if this is in the wrong forum I didn't know where else to put it)
I'm apparently underweight, my bmi being 16.something (I can't remember exactly) but I hate my body, I feel fat and when I eat I'm constantly thinking about the food I'm consuming and the weight I'm going to put on. I sometimes skip meals, either lunch or breakfast or both. I've never counted calories though. I'm always worrying about what other people think of me. When I'm eating, I feel as though people are judging me and thinking I'm eating too much or I look disgusting. I find it hard to talk about food infront of people for the same reason.
On the other hand, I go through times where I'll eat a load of crap but then I hate myself even more and go back to restricting again.
Um, I don't really know what else to say but does anybody have any advise as to what to do about it? Thanks

~Dying Ember
Dying Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

Default Re: is something wrong?

I feel the exact same way honestly, I used to be quite severely underweight considering my height. But I've gained so much weight going to a "healthy" weight but I don't like it.

BMI isn't always the greatest thing to rely on though, it usually just makes people feel like shit about themselves for no reason.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #3
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky

Yeah...when u are really skinny and approaching puberty you feel scared...what will puberty do to my body? will I change much?
These were my worries as a skinny & underweight 14 yo..Then guess what? I started to put on a little wee bit. I was devastated and was shocked my GF pinched a bit of love handle unexpectedly..my dieting has not worked. I denied it & started to really starve myself..felt soo self conscious.....then my GF felt something was wrong and probed....I shared my insecurity with my GF..she instntly understood the issue..... ..But my GF convinced me how cute a little padding looked on me, and that gaining weight is a normal part of gowing up, made the whole change a sexy experience. .
...She would undress me in front of a mirror and make fun of my skinny-fat body, and say how cute I look with my new weight on..check where I have gained..where she can pinch more....then if privacy permits take me to TV, sill in my briefs, and enocurage me to have a hearty normal meal....she would stroke my tummy and push me to finish my portion and even eat more...
2 years later I've gone from 48kg to 65 kg and definitely not skinny any more...But i'm not fat and I carry my body with confidence.....my waist has gone from 27" to 36" and I sport a visible belly too..
And not losing my concentration to mere weight issues helped me excel in my studies too.
She also made me give up useless clubs, sports in school and concentrate on my studies...Nos I've become a star performer in school too, study wise.
So change is inevtable. Trick is to welcome it and handle it with confidence.
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #4
MadManic
Junior Member+

Name: Jess

I can't diagnose but what i'm pretty sure you've got is a form of bulimia. Not all bulimia is the typical throw up method. Binging and purging is the cycle and it includes binging on food then purging by either by exercise, vomiting, or fasting etc. You go the fasting route by skipping meals. Looking up information about these situations could help.

Last edited by MadManic; April 8th, 2015 at 03:07 PM.
MadManic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 07:27 PM   #5
Tristin.
Awesome Poster

Tristin.'s Forum Picture

Name: Tristin

Firstly, don't consider BMI as the indicator of health as it is largely discredited these days. If you are concerned for your weight, I'd advise visiting your doctor who will be able to reassure or advise on your weight.

Secondly, from your description of your attitude to eating i would not go as far as to say you had bullemia or anorexia, but you could be on the path to one or both of them. I think the best thing for you do to is try to change your attitude towards food.

When you eat, try and enjoy the taste of the food, and avoid thinking about it in a negative manner. Its a small change, but can help in turning your view of food from negative to positive. Also, ask yourself why you view food in such a way and answer yourself honestly, try and see how you could slowly change those reasons. Finally, remember that while you may think you have an eating disorder, the very fact you are questioning it is an indicator that you do not ; very few anorexics or bulimics are able to acknowledge the fact they have a disorder prior to diagnosis.

Focus on the positives and i think you can overcome your feelings towards food

Owned by SosbanFach
Tristin. is offline   Reply With Quote