Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:29 PM   #1
Collinsworthington
Member+
 
Name: Collin
Join Date: March 22, 2015
Location: Kentucky
Gender: Male
Default cutting

Im stating my honest opinion here... I think if you cut then u should get help, but like on ig I used to make fun of people who posted their cuts, like if you say u need help then ill talk to u but when you post pics of your cuts its just attention whoreish and stupid... because then u make someone else cut because of "triggers" and I just find it stupid... can I get it from the pov of a cutter
Collinsworthington is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:31 PM   #2
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat
 
CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture
 
Name: Joe
Join Date: July 21, 2013
Location: Yo mamas ass
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: cutting

If you post public pictures, it's very obvious your doing it for attention, or that attention is at least a big part of it. Don't do it, it's just detremental to everyone. And if you are, getting help isn't an easy out solution, but it's the first step to stopping, mostly.

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:35 PM   #3
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

Cutting is a problem fr. Cutting has been around since biblical times as a story about a man possessed by a demon was cutting himself is in the Bible. I have a very dear friend who struggles with cutting habits and one time she decided to cut her arms twenty seven times and nearly died. Cutting isn't a ploy for attention its a mental illness.
NickTheStar is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Abhorrence
Death
 
Abhorrence's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 28, 2014
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: cutting

Yeah, if you post photos of your cuts you just want attention. It's obvious and I don't like it. If you self-harm you do indeed need help and people who do it obviously know that.


Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline  
Old April 2nd, 2015, 11:17 PM   #5
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

Alright that's true @Abhorrence but if you decide that you should harm yourself for any reason that's still not a logical choice. It doesn't matter if its for attention or not. If your willing to hurt yourself and those who care for you by cutting even if its just to get attention there is something very wrong with the individual and they need psychiatric help.

Cutting is also one of the biggest cop outs ever. Cuz its a insult to the people who've been through more of a struggle than the cutter.

Last edited by NickTheStar; April 2nd, 2015 at 11:38 PM.
NickTheStar is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 07:44 AM   #6
Desuetude
---
 
Desuetude's Forum Picture
 
Name: Isaac
Join Date: December 22, 2011
Location: FUCKING HERE
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 46
Default Re: cutting

Yes people that post pictures of their cuts are doing it for attention but have you actually thought about the fact that they are cutting into their skin? Aren't their other ways they could get attention? Dye their hair, wear skimpy clothes, get a tattoo? Yet they've chosen that drawing blood is the way they're going to go about it.

You can't just say that because a picture of someone's cuts are online they're 'whoreish' and 'stupid'. Sure, I understand where you're coming from because lots of people get badly triggered by seeing pictures and I'm just lucky that when I was self harming often that wouldn't affect me. They might be posting pictures because they've been hiding the fact that they self harm for so long that they see no other way of finding help other than to hope for an anonymous stranger to take pity and console them. Yet all they find is people like you shunning them and making them hate themselves.

Yes some people will do it for the bad attention of just making people take notice and feeding their boring lives with some kind of entertainment but there are all kinds of people out there who do things for reasons that don't make sense to others. So just be a bit more sensitive and open minded and think that ANYONE that cuts or burns or self harms in any way is doing it for a reason that is very real to them.

(Also the term 'cutters' isn't one that's very appreicated. Self harm doesn't define me, nor does it group me with every other person that self harms, so 'people that cut/self harm' might be a better phrase to use in the future - sorry, just my two cents)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheStar View Post
Alright that's true @Abhorrence but if you decide that you should harm yourself for any reason that's still not a logical choice. It doesn't matter if its for attention or not. If your willing to hurt yourself and those who care for you by cutting even if its just to get attention there is something very wrong with the individual and they need psychiatric help.

Cutting is also one of the biggest cop outs ever. Cuz its a insult to the people who've been through more of a struggle than the cutter.
Self harm is a way of coping and who are you to tell someone that their way of coping is insulting because their problems don't matter enough?

I'm sure people that have had very traumatic things happen to them have their ways to cope too, some may even resort to self harm. If someone was crying would you tell them it was insulting for them to cry because their struggles are nothing compared to the people who have lost a loved one, been abused, etc.? So they don't deserve to cry because their problems aren't bad enough? It's the same concept with self harm. Why is their even a scale of bad to worst? It's stupid to think like that because you're just minimising peoples problems when they're obviously having a bad period in their lives. It's like saying 'your problems don't matter because there are starving children in Africa' and if you're using that as an excuse to be closed minded and not even attempt to understand then that's just sad to be honest.

Of course it's not logical but as someone that has never harmed themself or felt the need to, you would never understand the workings of a persons brain when they decide that self harm is the path they should take. Sure, you might not understand it, that's fine but don't then go and judge other people because you've found a less destructive way to handle the bad things in your life and there are others who self harm because they are TRYING to stay alive. Just stop, yeah?

Last edited by Desuetude; April 3rd, 2015 at 08:00 AM.
Desuetude is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 08:44 AM   #7
Abhorrence
Death
 
Abhorrence's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 28, 2014
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheStar View Post
Alright that's true @Abhorrence but if you decide that you should harm yourself for any reason that's still not a logical choice. It doesn't matter if its for attention or not. If your willing to hurt yourself and those who care for you by cutting even if its just to get attention there is something very wrong with the individual and they need psychiatric help.

Cutting is also one of the biggest cop outs ever. Cuz its a insult to the people who've been through more of a struggle than the cutter.
Well I completely disagree with you on that last statement. That's like saying nobody can be sad unless they're an African child dying of Malaria.


Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:47 AM   #8
Vermilion
Awesome Poster
 
Vermilion's Forum Picture
 
Name: ....
Join Date: January 31, 2015
Location: ...
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhorrence View Post
Well I completely disagree with you on that last statement. That's like saying nobody can be sad unless they're an African child dying of Malaria.
Completely agree with you everyone struggle is different some people can put up with a lot of shit some can't. Everyone is different. To get to the point where cutting is the only logical thing you can see, means you've been put though to much.
Vermilion is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 12:24 PM   #9
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

@SameOldWar
Self harm isn't a way to cope. Its a addiction. It gives cutter a release. There is a gigantic difference.
Its very selfish because someone always has someone who cares about them. I promise you that person is in more pain than the cutter when they are in the hospital room.
You make a lot of good points though. But there is 7 billion people on this wondwrous planet of ours. Someone always cares. @Abhorrence
That's a very unfair comparison because a person with malaria isn't deliberately hurting those who cherish him. He can't control what happened. While cutting is the same as hard drugs with how it can cause a fit between families. But I respect your opinion.
NickTheStar is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 12:45 PM   #10
Dying Ember
Member++
 
Name: Maya
Join Date: September 10, 2014
Location: Scotland, UK
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldWar View Post
Yes people that post pictures of their cuts are doing it for attention but have you actually thought about the fact that they are cutting into their skin? Aren't their other ways they could get attention? Dye their hair, wear skimpy clothes, get a tattoo? Yet they've chosen that drawing blood is the way they're going to go about it.

You can't just say that because a picture of someone's cuts are online they're 'whoreish' and 'stupid'. Sure, I understand where you're coming from because lots of people get badly triggered by seeing pictures and I'm just lucky that when I was self harming often that wouldn't affect me. They might be posting pictures because they've been hiding the fact that they self harm for so long that they see no other way of finding help other than to hope for an anonymous stranger to take pity and console them. Yet all they find is people like you shunning them and making them hate themselves.

Yes some people will do it for the bad attention of just making people take notice and feeding their boring lives with some kind of entertainment but there are all kinds of people out there who do things for reasons that don't make sense to others. So just be a bit more sensitive and open minded and think that ANYONE that cuts or burns or self harms in any way is doing it for a reason that is very real to them.

(Also the term 'cutters' isn't one that's very appreicated. Self harm doesn't define me, nor does it group me with every other person that self harms, so 'people that cut/self harm' might be a better phrase to use in the future - sorry, just my two cents)

Self harm is a way of coping and who are you to tell someone that their way of coping is insulting because their problems don't matter enough?

I'm sure people that have had very traumatic things happen to them have their ways to cope too, some may even resort to self harm. If someone was crying would you tell them it was insulting for them to cry because their struggles are nothing compared to the people who have lost a loved one, been abused, etc.? So they don't deserve to cry because their problems aren't bad enough? It's the same concept with self harm. Why is their even a scale of bad to worst? It's stupid to think like that because you're just minimising peoples problems when they're obviously having a bad period in their lives. It's like saying 'your problems don't matter because there are starving children in Africa' and if you're using that as an excuse to be closed minded and not even attempt to understand then that's just sad to be honest.

Of course it's not logical but as someone that has never harmed themself or felt the need to, you would never understand the workings of a persons brain when they decide that self harm is the path they should take. Sure, you might not understand it, that's fine but don't then go and judge other people because you've found a less destructive way to handle the bad things in your life and there are others who self harm because they are TRYING to stay alive. Just stop, yeah?
I COMPLETELY agree with you. Some people just don't understand and its so frustrating

@NickTheStar
To a lot of people, self harm IS a coping mechanism, and yeah it can become an addiction but no offence you can't know how much pain that person who self harms is in. You can't compare it to other people. Saying someone can't be unhappy and use self harm as a way to cope because some people have it worse is like saying someone can't be happy because other people have it better

~Dying Ember
Dying Ember is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 12:52 PM   #11
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

Don't make a assumption I haven't self harmed. I just haven't cut. There's many types of self harm. @SameOldWar @DyingEmber
I was an advocate and vice president for a 501c3 organization that focused on members of families w/ mi or addiction stricken families by my twelfth birthday. All I am saying it that someone always care and is watching. Someone always wants to be the person that makes people smile. You just have to find them.
NickTheStar is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:05 PM   #12
Abhorrence
Death
 
Abhorrence's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 28, 2014
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheStar View Post
@SameOldWar
Self harm isn't a way to cope. Its a addiction. It gives cutter a release. There is a gigantic difference.
Its very selfish because someone always has someone who cares about them. I promise you that person is in more pain than the cutter when they are in the hospital room.
You make a lot of good points though. But there is 7 billion people on this wondwrous planet of ours. Someone always cares. @Abhorrence
That's a very unfair comparison because a person with malaria isn't deliberately hurting those who cherish him. He can't control what happened. While cutting is the same as hard drugs with how it can cause a fit between families. But I respect your opinion.
Someone cutting does not affect anyone but themselves unless the cutter chooses to present it to them, which in many cases they do not. If they do choose to make it affect other people then they are indeed selfish but if they're cutting themselves and keeping it to themselves to cope with issues then that is entirely their decision and harms nobody but themselves.


Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:10 PM   #13
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

Yes it does because like any habit its found out eventually. Teenagers aren't doctors. They don't know where they can cut and how deep or how much blood comes out of the cut. Most kids don't even research it before they do it. Its different is someone with at least slight medical experience does it. Therefore every time someone cuts they take a risk that they most likely don't know. That's not just a gamble of yourself but also everyone who supports you. There's a ton of accidental suicide from cutters.
NickTheStar is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:17 PM   #14
Abhorrence
Death
 
Abhorrence's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 28, 2014
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheStar View Post
Yes it does because like any habit its found out eventually. Teenagers aren't doctors. They don't know where they can cut and how deep or how much blood comes out of the cut. Most kids don't even research it before they do it. Its different is someone with at least slight medical experience does it. Therefore every time someone cuts they take a risk that they most likely don't know. That's not just a gamble of yourself but also everyone who supports you. There's a ton of accidental suicide from cutters.
Pretty sure they don't need people being a dick about it though. Saying that their problems are irrelevant because "somebody has it worse somewhere else" that's a dick thing to say.


Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:20 PM   #15
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Its the truth. Denial is a form of acceptance. It doesn't matter your opinion about me I am a asshole lemme be the first to say. Don't get butt hurt about a honest fact.

And if your trying to make this something bigger than it is take it to pms

Double posts merged ~Hannah

Last edited by Luminous; April 3rd, 2015 at 01:23 PM. Reason: merging
NickTheStar is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:23 PM   #16
Luminous
Legendary Member
 
Luminous's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 21, 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: cutting

Before this gets too far, please think about what you're saying. Don't throw out any insults or anything and be respectful. Thanks guys.

val
Luminous is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:28 PM   #17
Abhorrence
Death
 
Abhorrence's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 28, 2014
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: cutting

I'm not trying to make this into something bigger, I'm trying to make you realise that being a self-proclaimed asshole helps nobody and makes their issues worse so you might as well just shut up about it. Plus you have fifty posts, so you couldn't anyway.


Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:36 PM   #18
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

If you didn't have a guilty conscious and had read my posts thoroughly before jumping to conclusions a defending yourself against something that was purely factual. Let me just point out I wasnt being a dick. I said I RESPECT YOUR OPINION. You took something entirely out of the context it was obviously used in and got worked up about it and made it personal. You can't deny that cutting hurts people, that it is a mental illness, that there's people who have been through worse, or that cutting is a addiction/terrible coping mechanism. In conclusion, no matter how hard you attempt to make me see that the commonly accepted facts I presented in a very tolerant and respectful manner are "wrong" they are still facts that are widely accepted by anybody with a brain. So you will still be wrong and look like a asshole for trying to flash out on a guy that didn't state opinions but stated facts.
Have a blessed day, Nick
NickTheStar is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:39 PM   #19
Abhorrence
Death
 
Abhorrence's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 28, 2014
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: cutting

I think you're the one that looks like an asshole now, congrats.


Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:42 PM   #20
NickTheStar
Member+
 
NickTheStar's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nick
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: Moody, Alabama
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: cutting

See this is what I referred to about you taking this out of context. What i just said wasn't opinion or fact and you still try to defend yourself. As stated before I was very respectful to you before you flashed out on me. Learn to accept others opinions.
NickTheStar is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org