Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 17th, 2015, 10:23 AM   #1
Uranus
VT Lover

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)
Default Apparently Sex Is Puberty

(This is not a complaint or an argument. Just an observation)
Because I see so many threads in the "New Posts" section constantly in the P101 category. I look through them and so many are literally not puberty. And a lot of them started months ago. Surveys especially, with no puberty questions at all, having questions like

Quote:
Have you ever given a blowjob?
Have you ever been fingered?
And more. And no puberty related questions at all. It's more like fap material for some people. Or storytelling, which it kinda is.

Just an observation I thought I should bring up. And I'm not considering just blocking all of P101 because there are very good posts and some are helpful and I enjoy posting in really good and appropriate threads there. It's just so many threads are literally not puberty. I can understand both sex and puberty topics in a thread, but when its straight up sex, its not puberty. Just saying

EDIT:
I'd also like to point out, I'm not trying to be disrespectful or rude towards the mods who are doing there jobs. Believe me they are doing an excellent job and are very good people and are very helpful.
Its just the high number of sex related questions are taking away the purpose of P101.

#ThugLife

Last edited by Uranus; March 17th, 2015 at 10:30 AM.
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #2
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike
Default Re: Apparently Sex Is Puberty

This has been an issue in P101 for a long time. Given the nature of the sections they attract a lot of posts like what you're describing, and a lot of people will try to relate their sex-related threads to puberty in order to keep them alive.

I think the H&A mods really need to crack down and I will do what I have to in order to make that happen.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Uranus
VT Lover

Uranus's Forum Picture

Thank you for understanding Mike. @ImCoolBeans
Again I'm not upset or anything but I have seen like 3 month old threads/surveys and the original post has absolutely nothing to puberty and I don't see why they are up. I enjoy the P101. But it just defeats the purpose when it's taken over by....Sex101

I'm not complaining (Please don't think that) But I still happen to see multiple-month length threads in the New Posts section that kinda aren't related to puberty at all. Should I report them or something? I'm not trying to like"Backseat" moderate or anything, and I'm not saying that the mods aren't doing a good job (Believe me they are) its just I keep seeing these threads that are destroying the purpose of p101.

#ThugLife

Last edited by Emerald Dream; March 19th, 2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: double
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:51 PM   #4
Horatio Nelson
Retired Bro

Horatio Nelson's Forum Picture

Name: Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Nights View Post
I'm not complaining (Please don't think that) But I still happen to see multiple-month length threads in the New Posts section that kinda aren't related to puberty at all. Should I report them or something? I'm not trying to like"Backseat" moderate or anything, and I'm not saying that the mods aren't doing a good job (Believe me they are) its just I keep seeing these threads that are destroying the purpose of p101.
Reporting is the most helpful thing you can do, even more so than making threads in VT HQ. We don't always catch everything, so if you really want to help us out, report it or send one of us a PM.

Horatio Nelson

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19*Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20*Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
-Ali-
Horatio Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:56 PM   #5
Uranus
VT Lover

Uranus's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio Nelson View Post
Reporting is the most helpful thing you can do, even more so than making threads in VT HQ. We don't always catch everything, so if you really want to help us out, report it or send one of us a PM.
I understand. And I do hope you understand the purpose of this thread.
And reporting is exactly what I will do. It's just the fact I see so many threads like this, that, I don't want to....spam the reports.

#ThugLife
Old March 20th, 2015, 03:31 AM   #6
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri

It is difficult to catch everything. When I was a H&A mod even though I could spend numerous hours on the site, looking, moderating and deleted/closing threads, you can still miss things easily. I think the easiest thing to do is report inappropriate content.

I honestly think that p101 needs to be more specific in terms of rules though about think maybe a couple of rules added to further drive the point home that sharing experiences, story telling and other stuff like this is against the rules.

I know VT has an in-depth rules system for p101 but maybe a couple of rules specifically targeting sharing experiences/story telling should be made, even if it is just reiterating the story-telling rule.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 04:02 AM   #7
Hyper
VT Lover

It's only natural. The main function of puberty is to get the body ready to reproduce.

That being said what might be natural and what is entirely sensible for VT are a bit different considering there are laws that concern what sort of stuff can be posted & passed around here between minors.

Also seeing as it is the main drawing point of the site I suppose it has it's place and hopefully, I rarely look there, there are people answering puberty related questions accurately and thus dispelling any stupid myths that somehow keep persisting in this day and age, myths related to getting pregnant, masturbation and all that jazz.

There already is a rule against ''story telling'' any kind of graphic details are not allowed.
I don't really know if the survey like questions should be barred or not they sort of serve a purpose even if 90% are complete bogus but meh.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:18 AM   #8
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolBeans View Post
This has been an issue in P101 for a long time. Given the nature of the sections they attract a lot of posts like what you're describing, and a lot of people will try to relate their sex-related threads to puberty in order to keep them alive.

I think the H&A mods really need to crack down and I will do what I have to in order to make that happen.
To some extent, Mike, I think the section is fine as is and you guys do crack down on things that are off-topic or storytelling.

But the thing is, sex-related topics ARE puberty-related. There are a lot of kids out there who are experimenting as soon as they hit puberty and it's a taboo to talk about these things. Sex education in schools (if they have it at all, given most of the beliefs in the States) doesn't cover things like oral sex or non-PIV types of sexual activity. Asking if anyone else has done these things is pretty normal when you're not allowed to talk about it anywhere else. I was never taught any of this stuff as a kid and only now are our school systems actually starting to teach that this stuff is normal and okay and LOTS of people do it.

You guys allow talk about masturbation so I don't really see how this is any different.

People don't teach sex ed and honestly, if kids are gonna go to the internet, they may as well be allowed to ask "hey, what age did you do _____" 'cause most of the time they just want to see what other people are doing as reassurance.

I think there's a fine line and the mods are doing their best as is but that's just my opinion. Sure, some surveys are repetitive and maybe some need to be locked or merged but eh. I avoid those threads 'cause I don't really care personally but most aren't specifically breaking any rules. Let them be curious as long as they're not breaking rules. We don't know whether it's genuine curiosity or fap material and we're never going to know, that's just the nature of that section. But I think cracking down any more may just send the message that it's still not okay to talk about those things which shouldn't be the case.

Sorry, I'm really sex-positive, especially when it comes to education and just letting teenagers ask what they want to ask. If it's not in P101, where else are they going to do it?
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:47 AM   #9
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

I have to agree with @Carmilla

There is a point where certain threads or posts may cross the line, but figuring out sexual things is a huge part of puberty. Some are not as experienced as others and are looking for advice. others just may want to find out how normal they are or their situation is compared to others.

I absolutely respect the mods and I completely understand where they are coming from. I am not trying to argue cracking down, sometimes it is really needed. There has to be a line some where and where exactly should the line be, I guess I don't know. maybe make a specific topic/forum for more of those questions (again, assuming they are kept within reason)

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 11:08 AM   #10
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

I agree that learning about sex is a part of puberty, without a doubt, but there is a line being crossed in many of these threads. A lot of them ask questions like "have you ever had cum on your face?" or "how many different guys have you given blowjobs to?" which might be related to sex, but questions about sex like those are not related to puberty, and are not appropriate for this site. We aren't locking all of them, just the inappropriate ones, which there happen to be a good number of. This isn't really a new thing, I would have locked those threads when I was modding P101, I think it's just time to tighten up the section and clean it up a little.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 12:20 PM   #11
Left Now
Awesome Poster

Left Now's Forum Picture

Name: Alireza

Quote:
I agree that learning about sex is a part of puberty, without a doubt, but there is a line being crossed in many of these threads. A lot of them ask questions like "have you ever had cum on your face?" or "how many different guys have you given blowjobs to?" which might be related to sex, but questions about sex like those are not related to puberty, and are not appropriate for this site. We aren't locking all of them, just the inappropriate ones, which there happen to be a good number of. This isn't really a new thing, I would have locked those threads when I was modding P101, I think it's just time to tighten up the section and clean it up a little.

This^.I remember that once I said in a thread about masturbation that I am tired of all these threads about certain sexual acts and weird things like what you said above,and one of the guys told me that "This forum is a place for discussing puberty,so ...".I always wanted to know if these things are really related to puberty.

"People are asleep.When they die,they wake up."

~Ali Ibn Abi Talib~

Left Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2015, 10:12 AM   #12
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri

Quote:
I was wondering if it could be possible to then tighten the rules by either clarifying existing rules or creating new rules. Possibly with example of topics that would classed as inappropriate and topics that would classed as acceptable, this wouldn't exactly eliminate the problem of these threads being created but it would give clearer guidance to future H&A mods, people who report things and also to the members who do read the rules.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:05 PM   #13
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

@ImCoolBeans

and that is completely fair and I agree 100%

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:34 PM   #14
OSUBuckEyes

OSUBuckEyes's Forum Picture

Name: Michael

Quote:
Thank God!

I lost motivation in answering questions and things after realizing most of them were the same.
OSUBuckEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2015, 06:25 PM   #15
hyperdude

i worried about this, i registered here not long ago but when i saw so much sex-stuff i got nervous and worried that if my mom finds out im on a website with so much sex-stuff she could freak out, maybe even take my computer... so im avoiding those questions.. if u ask me all those people who ask about masturbation etc seem like pervs.
hyperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2015, 06:56 PM   #16
WanderingHeart
Nice Poster

Name: Sola

@hyperdude you could always hide the forums you don't like.

WanderingHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2015, 07:39 PM   #17
hyperdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyPoison789 View Post
@hyperdude you could always hide the forums you don't like.
you can????
hyperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #18
WanderingHeart
Nice Poster

Name: Sola

Yeah, go to your user CP, click edit options and scroll down. It should be near the bottom and it let's you hide whatever forums you want.

WanderingHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 11:06 AM   #19
Abbeys
Member++

Abbeys's Forum Picture

Name: Abbey

Puberty is of course a biological process.

If thatís how you want to look at it why donít put up a description and a few diagrams and stop people contributing!!!

Puberty is also a psychological process and people want to learn things that perhaps they have no other way of finding out.

Asking questions that they would be too embarrassed to ask in real life.

I actually think that the narrow and over focused moderation is killing the puberty section.

If thatís what you want,carry on.
Abbeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 07:23 PM   #20
Uniquemind
VT Lover

I think the line is drawn at questions that treat sexual topics like their contests and records to be broken.

But any question regarding to mental, and physical development is okay.

Other questions regarding to emotional trauma from a sexual and/or a dating relationship belongs in relationships and dating.

The latter is where more graphic stuff seems more appropriate especially if you had a boyfriend or girlfriend and your obviously looking for "how to cope or is this normal in a relationship like mine?" kind of question.

But I get what the mods are talking about too.

--

I volunteer my time to help make guidelines between inappropriate sexual topics and appropriate ones if the Mods need to get a think tank going.

Just PM me if you wanna pick my brain.

Last edited by Uniquemind; April 26th, 2015 at 07:27 PM.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote