Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:07 PM   #1
FuwaFuwaKitteh
New Member
 
Name: Leilani
Join Date: March 3, 2015
Location: Canada, British Columbia
Gender: Female
Default overweight and restricting [trigger warning?]

I'm a 13 almost 14 year old who weighs about 180lbs and 5'7". I have always struggled with my weight and stopped eating properly around September of this year. I would count calories (usually consumed only 0-50 cals every day) and trow up any little food I ate. I started to feel sick and suddenly realized I lost 30 pounds. no one noticed until I was hospitalized for suicidal behavior. I ate then but now I am starting to restrict my food again. for example I ate a few peanuts and a yogurt cup today. I plan on eating as little as possible at dinner. I wanted to let this out and share because I know how it feels to be "fat" and also have an eating disorder. you're not alone and please share your thoghts, I would love to help.
FuwaFuwaKitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 12:08 AM   #2
OSUBuckEyes
Member
 
OSUBuckEyes's Forum Picture
 
Name: Michael
Join Date: March 1, 2015
Location: Ohio
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: overweight and restricting [trigger warning?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuwaFuwaKitteh View Post
I'm a 13 almost 14 year old who weighs about 180lbs and 5'7". I have always struggled with my weight and stopped eating properly around September of this year. I would count calories (usually consumed only 0-50 cals every day) and trow up any little food I ate. I started to feel sick and suddenly realized I lost 30 pounds. no one noticed until I was hospitalized for suicidal behavior. I ate then but now I am starting to restrict my food again. for example I ate a few peanuts and a yogurt cup today. I plan on eating as little as possible at dinner. I wanted to let this out and share because I know how it feels to be "fat" and also have an eating disorder. you're not alone and please share your thoghts, I would love to help.
You have to eat to lose weight babe. Explore the reasons you have food-addiction and food-control issues. It's the only way to change your life for the positive. ALSO-you can't rely on your emotions to help you. You feel down now, you feel like shit, it SUCKS. The fact is you could wake up tomorrow and feel AWESOME for some reason.... should you do something different based upon that? Nope! Try to find a good professional to help you with the emotional issues and in the meantime work with your doctor or a dietician to get on a good EATING PLAN. Diets fail, planning prevails! Good luck and let me know if I can help.
OSUBuckEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 09:30 AM   #3
FuwaFuwaKitteh
New Member
 
Name: Leilani
Join Date: March 3, 2015
Location: Canada, British Columbia
Gender: Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckEyes View Post
You have to eat to lose weight babe. Explore the reasons you have food-addiction and food-control issues. It's the only way to change your life for the positive. ALSO-you can't rely on your emotions to help you. You feel down now, you feel like shit, it SUCKS. The fact is you could wake up tomorrow and feel AWESOME for some reason.... should you do something different based upon that? Nope! Try to find a good professional to help you with the emotional issues and in the meantime work with your doctor or a dietician to get on a good EATING PLAN. Diets fail, planning prevails! Good luck and let me know if I can help.
thank you. I have tried to eat more food but I do think I need more guidance. I do understand that this kind of restricting can just lead to more weight gain. I promise to tell my councilor everything and will tell you if I get help <3
FuwaFuwaKitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #4
OSUBuckEyes
Member
 
OSUBuckEyes's Forum Picture
 
Name: Michael
Join Date: March 1, 2015
Location: Ohio
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: overweight and restricting [trigger warning?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuwaFuwaKitteh View Post
thank you. I have tried to eat more food but I do think I need more guidance. I do understand that this kind of restricting can just lead to more weight gain. I promise to tell my councilor everything and will tell you if I get help <3
Yea it's a lot about making the RIGHT choices. Eating so little is just gonna fail. Very old school thinking--but when you're so desperate to lose that weight you'll do almost anything to make it happen, huh? I know I sure have! SMH. You got this babe!!! Feel free to message me or comment and quote me here anytime. HAPPY to help!
OSUBuckEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #5
FuwaFuwaKitteh
New Member
 
Name: Leilani
Join Date: March 3, 2015
Location: Canada, British Columbia
Gender: Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckEyes View Post
Yea it's a lot about making the RIGHT choices. Eating so little is just gonna fail. Very old school thinking--but when you're so desperate to lose that weight you'll do almost anything to make it happen, huh? I know I sure have! SMH. You got this babe!!! Feel free to message me or comment and quote me here anytime. HAPPY to help!
thank you so much, I actually ate food today (about 1500 cal) which isn't as much as a teenager usually eats but I felt happier and fuller, a good fuller [insert joke about going bulemic here]. I decided to try hard and help myself become healthy, no matter what weight I am.
FuwaFuwaKitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #6
OSUBuckEyes
Member
 
OSUBuckEyes's Forum Picture
 
Name: Michael
Join Date: March 1, 2015
Location: Ohio
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: overweight and restricting [trigger warning?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuwaFuwaKitteh View Post
thank you so much, I actually ate food today (about 1500 cal) which isn't as much as a teenager usually eats but I felt happier and fuller, a good fuller [insert joke about going bulemic here]. I decided to try hard and help myself become healthy, no matter what weight I am.
That's awesome!
OSUBuckEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 12:24 PM   #7
ChaosEarthquake
Member
 
Name: Error
Join Date: March 6, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: overweight and restricting [trigger warning?]

Make sure you're eating a good amount of calories a day.
Also drink lots of water, because it boost metabolism.
Also eat more veggies and fruits.
ChaosEarthquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org