Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:07 PM   #1
FuwaFuwaKitteh

Name: Leilani
Default overweight and restricting [trigger warning?]

I'm a 13 almost 14 year old who weighs about 180lbs and 5'7". I have always struggled with my weight and stopped eating properly around September of this year. I would count calories (usually consumed only 0-50 cals every day) and trow up any little food I ate. I started to feel sick and suddenly realized I lost 30 pounds. no one noticed until I was hospitalized for suicidal behavior. I ate then but now I am starting to restrict my food again. for example I ate a few peanuts and a yogurt cup today. I plan on eating as little as possible at dinner. I wanted to let this out and share because I know how it feels to be "fat" and also have an eating disorder. you're not alone and please share your thoghts, I would love to help.
FuwaFuwaKitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 12:08 AM   #2
OSUBuckEyes

OSUBuckEyes's Forum Picture

Name: Michael
Default Re: overweight and restricting [trigger warning?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuwaFuwaKitteh View Post
I'm a 13 almost 14 year old who weighs about 180lbs and 5'7". I have always struggled with my weight and stopped eating properly around September of this year. I would count calories (usually consumed only 0-50 cals every day) and trow up any little food I ate. I started to feel sick and suddenly realized I lost 30 pounds. no one noticed until I was hospitalized for suicidal behavior. I ate then but now I am starting to restrict my food again. for example I ate a few peanuts and a yogurt cup today. I plan on eating as little as possible at dinner. I wanted to let this out and share because I know how it feels to be "fat" and also have an eating disorder. you're not alone and please share your thoghts, I would love to help.
You have to eat to lose weight babe. Explore the reasons you have food-addiction and food-control issues. It's the only way to change your life for the positive. ALSO-you can't rely on your emotions to help you. You feel down now, you feel like shit, it SUCKS. The fact is you could wake up tomorrow and feel AWESOME for some reason.... should you do something different based upon that? Nope! Try to find a good professional to help you with the emotional issues and in the meantime work with your doctor or a dietician to get on a good EATING PLAN. Diets fail, planning prevails! Good luck and let me know if I can help.
OSUBuckEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 09:30 AM   #3
FuwaFuwaKitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckEyes View Post
You have to eat to lose weight babe. Explore the reasons you have food-addiction and food-control issues. It's the only way to change your life for the positive. ALSO-you can't rely on your emotions to help you. You feel down now, you feel like shit, it SUCKS. The fact is you could wake up tomorrow and feel AWESOME for some reason.... should you do something different based upon that? Nope! Try to find a good professional to help you with the emotional issues and in the meantime work with your doctor or a dietician to get on a good EATING PLAN. Diets fail, planning prevails! Good luck and let me know if I can help.
thank you. I have tried to eat more food but I do think I need more guidance. I do understand that this kind of restricting can just lead to more weight gain. I promise to tell my councilor everything and will tell you if I get help <3
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #4
OSUBuckEyes

Quote:
thank you. I have tried to eat more food but I do think I need more guidance. I do understand that this kind of restricting can just lead to more weight gain. I promise to tell my councilor everything and will tell you if I get help <3
Yea it's a lot about making the RIGHT choices. Eating so little is just gonna fail. Very old school thinking--but when you're so desperate to lose that weight you'll do almost anything to make it happen, huh? I know I sure have! SMH. You got this babe!!! Feel free to message me or comment and quote me here anytime. HAPPY to help!
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #5
FuwaFuwaKitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckEyes View Post
Yea it's a lot about making the RIGHT choices. Eating so little is just gonna fail. Very old school thinking--but when you're so desperate to lose that weight you'll do almost anything to make it happen, huh? I know I sure have! SMH. You got this babe!!! Feel free to message me or comment and quote me here anytime. HAPPY to help!
thank you so much, I actually ate food today (about 1500 cal) which isn't as much as a teenager usually eats but I felt happier and fuller, a good fuller [insert joke about going bulemic here]. I decided to try hard and help myself become healthy, no matter what weight I am.
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #6
OSUBuckEyes

Quote:
thank you so much, I actually ate food today (about 1500 cal) which isn't as much as a teenager usually eats but I felt happier and fuller, a good fuller [insert joke about going bulemic here]. I decided to try hard and help myself become healthy, no matter what weight I am.
That's awesome!
Old March 11th, 2015, 12:24 PM   #7
ChaosEarthquake

Name: Error

Make sure you're eating a good amount of calories a day.
Also drink lots of water, because it boost metabolism.
Also eat more veggies and fruits.
ChaosEarthquake is offline   Reply With Quote