Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 2nd, 2015, 04:48 PM   #1
sarah newman
Member++

Name: sarah
Default Threatened to be raped.

Hey, I dunno if this is the right place to put this but I'm really scared.

I was at work and I served this 60 year old man. Out of the blue he threatened to walk me to prison, rape me and give me a Turkish bath after. I have to give the police a statement so hopefully he will be banned from the shop.

My question is this: was what he threatened illegal? I have had mixed answers, but the majority say it was. I need to know for sure.

I've been told not to worry but I'm very sensitive and worry about anything.

...People try and seek help...
..I have given up trying..
..im controlling my lovely sharp razor..
...while theres to much blood...
..comin out of my skin..
.and still no one notices.
..how much pain im going through..
...so i still lay there all alone...
sarah newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:16 PM   #2
Thunderstorm
Great Poster

Thunderstorm's Forum Picture

Name: Jake
Default Re: Threatened to be raped.

That's verbal abuse and threats like that are serious. Yes, it was illegal, considering you don't even know him.

You have a right to be worried. However, I think with a restraining order you will be safe.

You'll always be my thunder, so bring on the rain.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:34 PM   #3
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

As Jake said, it's verbal abuse and a threat. And threatening to rape someone is very very serious and should be taken care of immediately, because you don't know whether or not he's serious. You should definitely contact the police and have them take care of the situation. However, as much as I hate saying this, I disagree with @Thunderstorm on one small part. Even with a restraining order, you might not be entirely safe. Any man or woman who even considers rape is sick and deserves to be locked up.

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM   #4
Thunderstorm
Great Poster

Thunderstorm's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Nights View Post
As Jake said, it's verbal abuse and a threat. And threatening to rape someone is very very serious and should be taken care of immediately, because you don't know whether or not he's serious. You should definitely contact the police and have them take care of the situation. However, as much as I hate saying this, I disagree with @Thunderstorm on one small part. Even with a restraining order, you might not be entirely safe. Any man or woman who even considers rape is sick and deserves to be locked up.
@Bright_Nights that is very true, she may not still be safe. I just don't want her to lose sleep over this. I doubt the guy even knows her name.

You'll always be my thunder, so bring on the rain.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:43 PM   #5
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

@Thunderstorm yes, same as well. We don't want her to lose sleep. Still, rape isn't something to joke about, even if that's what he was doing.

#ThugLife
Old March 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM   #6
OSUBuckEyes

OSUBuckEyes's Forum Picture

Name: Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah newman View Post

I was at work and I served this 60 year old man. Out of the blue he threatened to walk me to prison, rape me and give me a Turkish bath after. I have to give the police a statement so hopefully he will be banned from the shop.

My question is this: was what he threatened illegal? I have had mixed answers, but the majority say it was. I need to know for sure.

First of all I'm SUPER sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Don't worry if it's legal, illegal, WHATEVER, just tell the cops what happened and let them decide. If in the meantime you need some muscle to protect ya... well, then holla achya boy!
OSUBuckEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 09:11 PM   #7
JamesSuperBoy
Awesome Poster

JamesSuperBoy's Forum Picture

Name: ^*~James~*^

Quote:

I do not know where you are but as you have to give the Police a statement and quite correctly so they in the first instance will decide the question of breach of the law. I guess and can only guess that mostly then the Police refer the case to a prosecutor. Contact the police again if you are worried.
JamesSuperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 10:07 PM   #8
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

try to rest easy, but if you have enough info, I wouldnt be afraid o report the guy to the police

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 01:05 PM   #9
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Technically, that is sexual harassment which is something you can be charged with and arrested for. If it were really an issue, you could file a restraining order but this guy doesn't know you, you don't know him and, truthfully, he may be a mentally ill man who just said something nasty if it was really so out of the blue.

If you called the cops, that's really the best you can do and for now, maybe carry your keys around while you're walking around outside your workplace, just in case he were to come back and follow you.

I've had guys seriously sexually harass me in the past and I've never seen them again. Best just try to make sure you're always aware of what's going on around you and keep yourself safe and don't be afraid to call the cops again if you ever feel threatened in a situation like that.

I'm really sorry that happened, he's clearly a creep, ill or not.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #10
jessie3
Member++

jessie3's Forum Picture

Name: Jessie

Yes, what he did was illegal. He offered you to take you to a Turkish bath to in my opinion make you feel relax and calm and then possibly take you over to his house in which he then threatened you by rape and jail time.

Like @Thunderstorm had mentioned, you might consider getting a restraining order against him but a piece of paper telling you to stay away isn't at all going to stop a person. Just be careful of your where abouts and if needed to, don't hesitate to call the police. Try carrying pepper spray or a weapon if you feel like It's necessary.

Last edited by jessie3; March 9th, 2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: wasn't finish.
jessie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 09:36 PM   #11
riverboy
Awesome Poster

Name: Peter

If he comes into the shop call the police and don't be alone with him. If you have to, leave for a safe place .
riverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #12
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
Technically, that is sexual harassment which is something you can be charged with and arrested for. If it were really an issue, you could file a restraining order but this guy doesn't know you, you don't know him and, truthfully, he may be a mentally ill man who just said something nasty if it was really so out of the blue.

If you called the cops, that's really the best you can do and for now, maybe carry your keys around while you're walking around outside your workplace, just in case he were to come back and follow you.
I agree with this.
Regardless, I can relate to the OP's situation as being unnerving and stressful. I haven't ever been sexually harassed, but it is something I would take very seriously. If I were the manager of the store and he was doing that to one of my team members, I would've asked him to leave or I would've personally taken him and (literally) shoved him out of my store. I honestly wouldn't care if I lost my job as long as my employees and customers were safe and comfortable. I'm really sorry you've had to go through this, OP. You have my support and if you need anything just let me know.
Cognizant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2015, 11:08 AM   #13
DayintheCity

Name: Dale

People think they can joke about anything these days and get away with it by saying their "edgy"
DayintheCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #14
Noody

Noody's Forum Picture

Name: Elliot

Quote:

A threat like that is 100% illegal. Definitely report it and go through and legal channels there are. Hopefully you can get a restraining order on him so that he legally can't come within a certain distance of you. Maybe he was just a horny old man, even so, it's still unacceptable.

Hi, I'm Noody. Please message me if you want help or a chat, I love talking to people!

"We can make the world stop"
"Your life is a product of your choices."
"There is nothing wrong with being gay anymore, wake up."

17 ~ Gay ~ Male
Noody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #15
WanderingHeart
Nice Poster

Name: Sola

If some old creep is threatening to rape you, that's definitely illegal. Don't hold back in giving the statement, make sure he is banned from the shop. And keep yourself protected!

WanderingHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:34 PM   #16
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

I hope everything is ok. But now that I think of it, you shouldn't worry. He's 60!

#ThugLife
Old March 17th, 2015, 04:42 PM   #17
ChaosEarthquake

Name: Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckEyes View Post
First of all I'm SUPER sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Don't worry if it's legal, illegal, WHATEVER, just tell the cops what happened and let them decide. If in the meantime you need some muscle to protect ya... well, then holla achya boy!
I agree ^^
ChaosEarthquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:04 AM   #18
Tifany

Name: Tifany

I think it was a serious threat and you should contact police as this man can be harmful for any one.
Tifany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 05:47 PM   #19
Hey_123

I'm sorry you are going through this. It was illegal. Report him to the police and file for a restraining order.
Hey_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 07:41 PM   #20
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Also contact your boss and tell them what happened and work out some sort of buddy system and communication system for traveling to and from work.

And if God forbid something happens, your social network will know to alert authorities immediately.

Aww dang it I bumped and old thread...well not super old but 3 months old.

I wonder if this girl's safe though, anybody do a follow up?
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote