Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 17th, 2015, 02:10 PM   #1
Periphery
Professional Spivak

Periphery's Forum Picture

Default Irrational phobia's

So yeah, below you'll find my two biggest fears. Just wanted to vent really, not sure if this is the right forum so mods feel free to move the thread.

First things first, insects. Whenever I see the tiniest insect I start shaking, I feel an extreme sense of paranoia hit me almost instantly and I can't trust anything anymore. I look around every inch of the house to make sure there aren't any others around me and I have to call my parents to get rid of it for me.

The second one. The dark. Whenever I'm in a dark room, or even in a lit up room next to either a window when it's dark outside or next to a dark room. I feel extremely paranoid when in the dark, I start seeiing things that are not there. I think something may jump on me at any time.

I have no idea why they are all so bad so can anyone give some advice?

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:52 PM   #2
Thunderstorm
Great Poster

Thunderstorm's Forum Picture

Name: Jake
Default Re: Irrational phobia's

They most likely stem from something in your childhood. I'm a firm believer that phobias are curable, however it's much more effective and in your favor if you just learn how to cope with them when they come about.

You need to think of something that makes you happy. Something that overcomes the fear and paranoia and brings in the light. Fear is but a mere shadow we cast over something to make it appear less horrific than it is. However, it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you can look past the fear in that moment and realize nothing is going to happen, you can get through it.
I hope this helped.

You'll always be my thunder, so bring on the rain.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:56 PM   #3
CharlieHorse
VT Lover

CharlieHorse's Forum Picture

Name: Charlie
Location: The "Tech Capital of the World" which for some reason, still has shitty internet speeds

Phobic Disorders are characterized by irrational fear. People often call phobias just things they're scared of or don't like. The actual phobic disorder can be treated.

Hi everyone
Visit my diary The Everfree Forest
Ask me
Ask Charlie
CharlieHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2015, 01:29 AM   #4
Periphery
Professional Spivak

Periphery's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstorm View Post
They most likely stem from something in your childhood. I'm a firm believer that phobias are curable, however it's much more effective and in your favor if you just learn how to cope with them when they come about.

You need to think of something that makes you happy. Something that overcomes the fear and paranoia and brings in the light. Fear is but a mere shadow we cast over something to make it appear less horrific than it is. However, it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you can look past the fear in that moment and realize nothing is going to happen, you can get through it.
I hope this helped.
I have no idea where insect fear comes from. The other one, yeah may know why.

When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?
-Marilyn Manson

Android? We can't be friends sorry!!!!!
-Proof Bob is a peasant

~Richelle was here~
Periphery is offline   Reply With Quote