Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 16th, 2015, 12:32 PM   #1
Sordid Saint
Nice Poster

Sordid Saint's Forum Picture

Default how to deal with untreated anxiety?

For people who don't have any option. I used to self medicate but if I do that now I will most likely go to jail if I get caught on a drug test, so I doNt wanna risk that. Also how can I slow my heart rate when I'm not even feeling anxious but my breathing and heart rate are telling me I am?

Laying in my plastic bed thinking how things weren't so cool to me
My baby likes to shoot pool, I like laying naked in my bedroom
Tying on the dinosaur tonight, it used to be so cool too
Now I got the needle, I can shake but I can't breathe
I take it away but I want more and more,
One day I'm gonna lose the war.....
Sordid Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 11:34 PM   #2
James Dean
Rebel

James Dean's Forum Picture

Name: Charles
Default Re: how to deal with untreated anxiety?

Many people with mental disorders whether they are undiagnosed, misdiagnosed, underdiagnosed, or overdiagnosed, do not always go on medication.

I'm gonna be very honest, I don't like taking medications sometimes and I couldn't talk to my parents about this issue. If I myself feel I can naturally improve my mental disorder, I would try to deal with it. Someone who deals with family who don't have an accepting attitude towards these types of things, I would bring up talking to a doctor, I would get, "You just need to go outside and stop playing video games."

So I don't know your exact situation as if you been to a doctor to actually make sure you have anxiety. I don't know if you have been on meds before.

But I will say do not take any illegal drugs or drugs that weren't prescribed to you.l I have to give you credit for understanding that.

Drink some water or close your eyes and find a calm place to sit when you have an attack. Don't worry about anything or anybody else. Take a few minutes to yourself. If you need to talk more about dealing with anxiety we are here. We are not professionals but as someone who as well has social anxiety I can relate to you. It's okay.

VM
PM

"You could stop at five or six stores, or just one."
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 08:47 AM   #3
Sordid Saint
Nice Poster

Thank you for replying, I am diagnosed with anxiety but with the current situation I'm in, I'm not allowed to take any medicine with what I'm already prescribed. And I can't stop that prescription because I need to take it because of a court case. It is a "dependency treatment" drug. So obviously I used to take the drugs illegally, and now I am in a situation where that is impossible and I'm not prescribed anything, and have no help to deal with it. I am trying to see a counselor at the treatment program that I go to, but it takes forever. They usually just drug test me, give me a prescription and then I leave.

Old February 20th, 2015, 03:17 PM   #4
CreativeUsername

CreativeUsername's Forum Picture

Name: Toby

I'm in a teen anxiety group which has helped me a lot. If you don't mind me asking, what is your anxiety is about. I only ask because there are different ways of dealing with different anxiety. Some good basic stuff is to just stop for a minute, and take deep breaths. Imagine that your anxiety is some asshole trying to scare you. Just stare him down until you can handle it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 03:55 AM   #5
Sordid Saint
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbaz3 View Post
I'm in a teen anxiety group which has helped me a lot. If you don't mind me asking, what is your anxiety is about. I only ask because there are different ways of dealing with different anxiety. Some good basic stuff is to just stop for a minute, and take deep breaths. Imagine that your anxiety is some asshole trying to scare you. Just stare him down until you can handle it.
I have anxiety for a few reasons, I have it just generally for no reason, I believe I have mild PTSD or paranoia, and I'm more anxious lately because I am in some legal trouble and I'm facing a long jail sentence and stuff like that so its stressing me out a lot

Old March 4th, 2015, 08:13 PM   #6
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

When I'm feeling anxious, I try to focus on my breathing, and I try to think about why I am possibly feeling anxious. A lot of the time if you can pinpoint what is making you anxious, or if you can get a general idea as to what is making you anxious, it will help get your mind off of the actual feeling of anxiety.

A breathing exercise that you could try, which has helped me over the years, is something I call the "4, 4, 4" method. To do it, breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds, breathe out through your mouth for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds, and repeat it 4 times, or until your breathing becomes more regular.

Holding a conversation also helps me take my mind off of anxiety when I'm feeling anxious or nervous. Some people can't hold conversation well, which can be even more frustrating if I'm trying to talk to them for that reason, but I find that it can be quite helpful at times.

There are also lifestyle changes that you can make, which will greatly help with your anxiety. Exercising regularly is directly linked to helping with depression and anxiety. Many psychologists recommend this lifestyle change, if you do not already exercise, as it can lift your mood, gets endorphins and other natural "feel good" hormones working in your body, and helps to tire out your body and mind. Other lifestyle changes could include eating a more scheduled diet, and sleeping on a more regular schedule. If you can begin to even out your sleep cycle, you may also find that it helps with your anxiety.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator

Last edited by ImCoolBeans; March 4th, 2015 at 08:17 PM.
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 12:39 PM   #7
ChaosEarthquake

Name: Error

I'm diagnosed with severe anxiety, and I've usually been taking Valium (highly addictive; I don't recommend it). It helps, but if I don't take it, I get worse.
ChaosEarthquake is offline   Reply With Quote