Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 14th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #1
georgeishungry
Junior Member+

Name: George

Ever since I can remember, I've been really curious, always wanting to know more about the world. I'm a smart kid, and I have some kind of thirst for knowledge .

This has been happening for a while now. I read up on things - news, like IS - and it doesn't bother me. Suddenly, once it gets dark in the room, I freak out.

"There's someone over there" or "they're coming for you" often goes through my head. I know that I'm the last person groups like ISIS would target, but thinking that does nothing.

Also, I'm a self-diagnosed hypochondriac. Everything is worse than it has to be. #dramaqueen

Anyway, should I be worried about this? Considering it's been going on for years, will it still be a problem when I move out, start a family?

Also, I should add this worrying has caused a few panic attacks before. I've spoken to my parents about it. They seem to relate or something, but don't offer any suggestions for help.

Double posts merged, next time please use the edit button. ~Hannah

please don't shout at me

Last edited by Luminous; February 15th, 2015 at 09:10 PM. Reason: merging
georgeishungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 03:58 PM   #2
MattyMattyy

MattyMattyy's Forum Picture

Name: Matty
Default Re: Is this even a thing? (overactive imagination)

I think that if you have only self diagnosed with something then you should go to a doctor and see if they think so too. If its agreed that you have that kind of anxiety then maybe they can help you with some counselling or something that will help your mind. IS is still pretty scary stuff though I assume a lot of people worry about that. I hope this helped and I feel sorry for you you have to go through that :/.

Pansexual/British/Unionist/Gamer/Far-right

PM me or leave me a visitor message if you want, I love talking to new people
MattyMattyy is offline   Reply With Quote