Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 16th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #1
Etcetera
Member++

Etcetera's Forum Picture

Name: Destiny
Default You Are Worth It <3 (Please Share)

All of my life I have been made to believe how horrible and despicable of a person I am. People have picked on me for everything. I'm weird. I'm ugly. I'm fat. I have a lot of health problems. I'm very insecure. I'm very shy. I don't fit in anywhere. It all just kept dragging me deeper into my depression. I was suicidal, I self-harmed. I wanted to just be liked. I wanted to be accepted and understood. I wanted to be loved.

Eventually I got to the point where I just wanted to die and people around me kept telling me horrible things. They insulted me and degraded me and the mental abuse that I endured combined with my very traumatic life and past, it broke me. Someone in my life who of all people should have supported me told me I was making it up for attention when I came out about cutting myself.

I was constantly being told negative things, and people would tell me to kill myself. So one day, I decided that I wasn't worth being in this world anymore and I overdosed. I ended up in the psych ward and had my stomach pumped. I stayed in the hospital for 22 days, I got out of the hospital and went back into my depression because my home situation sucked and so I ended up back in the hospital yet again because I wanted to die again.

Now I am in a better environment than I was before, but it is still very hard for me.

I urge you, please think about the words you say or type to someone. Because they can either be used to save someone's life or take someone's life, choose them carefully. And don't judge someone if you have no clue what their situation is.

No matter what crappy life you have, I want you to listen to me. You are worth it. You are precious and beautiful and unique and your life has a meaning and a purpose and a significance. You are beautiful no matter if someone tells you different. You are valuable and you are here for a reason and even if you don't feel like that right now, you have to believe it, you have to hold onto it. You have to hang on to the people who say that they love you because they aren't just saying it, they mean it. You are worth more. You are worth more than the numbers you see on the scale. You are worth more than the reflection that you see in the mirror. You are worth more than hurting yourself and you are worth more than what anyone in this world who tries to bring you down can possibly say to you. You might feel really desperate right now, but just know that you are stronger. Your insecurities are just another part of you.

Every time I see a tweet or post, etc. where somebody states that they are not good enough or that they don't feel worthy of life or they have a negative view of their self, it just breaks my heart. It truly does. No one should ever have to feel like they are not worth living and no one should ever have to feel like they don't deserve to be here. You are worth it.

Trust me, I have lived through pure hell in my 18 years so far and I know how it feels. I know exactly how it feels to cry in the shower so that no one can hear you. I know what it's like to wait for everyone else to fall asleep so that you can fall apart. I know the pain of hurting so badly you just want it all to end. I know what it feels like to not feel like your life is valuable. BUT, I also know that I am stronger than what I am fighting. I know that if I made it this far, then I can make it through today too, and tomorrow, and the next day, and on and on. I know that my life matters, and I know that as long as I have that faith, I will survive. Sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe. You did that. You are living. Your imperfections make you beautiful and they make you who you are, so love yourself for who you are and keep going. You are worth it! Don't give up hope. I believe in you. If you ever feel like nobody cares, I am here for you. I am here for anyone who feels this way or just needs someone to talk to. I am here for you. I believe in you.

Who would you rather be? Someone who is just like the rest of the world or someone who lives their life being what and who they want? Live your life the way you want to. Who the heck cares what others think? Be strong! And I am here for anyone who needs someone to talk to.

Stay amazing guys. Stay strong. I believe in you and I am here for you.

Please share this note and pass it on or put it in your signature. I want as many people to read it as possible. Thanks!

Some people are just trying to figure out how to kill
the demons inside their heads without killing themselves.

You Are Worth It <3

Last edited by Etcetera; December 16th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
Etcetera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Lost in the Echo
mofo

Lost in the Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Bo
Default Re: You Are Worth It <3 (Please Share)

Depression, Loss and Grief Uplifting Stories and Messages

Thanks for taking the time to type this. Since it's more of a motivational story, it belongs in the Uplifting section. Great to hear you have got past what you've gone through in life.
Lost in the Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Dortmund

Dortmund's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

Great motivational post!

So glad to hear things are getting better for you. Nobody deserves to go through those kinds of things.

"It's always alright to look back to the past, just don't stare."

Bored and want someone to talk to? My inbox is always open.
Dortmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 02:05 PM   #4
Kass

Name: Kassidy

Awww, this is beautiful I'm sorry all of that bad stuff had to happen but you sound like an amazing person for coming this far. Thank you :* Loves

Kass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #5
HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
Member++

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld's Forum Picture

Name: Elliott

that is beautiful. thank you.

|-/
HeWhoTravelsTheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2014, 04:41 AM   #6
maniamsmart
Banned

Name: Damian

Thank you! I just read this to my friends in a Skype call, they loved it too.
maniamsmart is offline   Reply With Quote