Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 26th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #1
Melkor
Junior Member+

Melkor's Forum Picture

Name: Isaiah
Angry I can't go any further

So, I thought i should mention this. I ended up in the hospital emergency because of suicide and they admitted me back in September and I have been experiencing depression for more than a year and I reached out for help. I mean right now I have a social worker and psychiatrist that i visit every week or ever 2 weeks depending on their schedule. So i also started medication (prozac 20 mg) but i still experience a lot of suicidal thoughts and my marks are declining a lot more than they used to... I can't do my homework and i am constantly bothered by thoughts; As a result of this i feel that my future is ruined and there is no way that i can get to the university i want ... and the person that i really love feels to have lost interest in me even though he is still my closest friend... idk what to do i tend to talk to my social worker about this but at the end of the day I realize no one except myself can help me but idk what to do... i am completely lost... I came here desperate for help...

Behold! The Shadow of my thought shall lie upon them wherever they go .
Asexual/bi_romantic ^.^ and very emotional
Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #2
zack.zack
VT Lover

zack.zack's Forum Picture

Name: zacahary
Default Re: I can't go any further

having suicidal feelings and racing thoughts is a tough thing, i experienced those myself and wound up in a psych ward for about a week until i could get myself together. it may take some time for your medication to kick in, but when it does, you will know when it does because your head wont feel as cluttered with random thoughts. as far as the rest of it goes, just keep talking to your psychiatrist and counselor about whats going on with you and over time it will slowly get better. its not going to be an over night fix and its not going to be a perfect fix, but it will get to a point where you can function and be able to deal with all of the feelings that you are having. you arent alone in any of this and you have all the tools you need to make it through, utilize them. it wasnt an instant fix for me and i still go through some down spots, but its not as bad as it used to be. hang in there, okay?

17/ M/ Gay/ nudist
Talk to or ask me about anything, anytime and I will reply.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." - FDR
zack.zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Melkor
Junior Member+

Melkor's Forum Picture

Name: Isaiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack.zack View Post
it wasnt an instant fix for me and i still go through some down spots, but its not as bad as it used to be. hang in there, okay?
I understand it but I really can't go on like this anymore... I am failing at so many courses and I was supposed to be graduating this year. Now I am stuck and i look at my peers with envy and telling myself that how I was normal and doing great and I could enjoy myself... i know how I am not alone but it looks like that I am at the end of the road and i can't never get back to who i was before...

Behold! The Shadow of my thought shall lie upon them wherever they go .
Asexual/bi_romantic ^.^ and very emotional
Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #4
zack.zack
VT Lover

zack.zack's Forum Picture

Name: zacahary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
I understand it but I really can't go on like this anymore... I am failing at so many courses and I was supposed to be graduating this year. Now I am stuck and i look at my peers with envy and telling myself that how I was normal and doing great and I could enjoy myself... i know how I am not alone but it looks like that I am at the end of the road and i can't never get back to who i was before...
So you are failing at so many courses, you can make those up if you need to and as far as your friends go, they are not important. The important thing is that you work on yourself and get yourself together. Its a long road to get back to who you once were before, but its not impossible. We all have to go through the darkness to get to the light, but the key is going through it and seeing it through. You can do it, but you have to be willing.

17/ M/ Gay/ nudist
Talk to or ask me about anything, anytime and I will reply.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." - FDR
zack.zack is offline   Reply With Quote