Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 25th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #1
Lovelife090994
VT Lover

Lovelife090994's Forum Picture

Name: Valentine
Default Always anxious

I am always uneasy. I usually feel like I'm being watched or a sound annoys me. The sound of others chewing is something that makes me feel super uneasy and anxious. I tried explaining it to my mother but she thinks it's me being rude and that I need to go to church. I couldn't even do an errand fully because I felt so judged and scared to act. I don't know what to do.

My Wiccan blog: Blessed be http://lapislazulisights.tumblr.com/I am but a wayward soul traversing the physical plane with Earth as my mistress and I her humble witch.
Art http://artboy-2.deviantart.com/

Lovelife090994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Default Re: Always anxious

It's those exact same things that got me thinking about anxiety. At first I was worried about OCD but I found out it was just social.
In the worst case you could get meds described to sooth anxiety, like if it's a constant anxiety. Hang in there

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 09:40 PM   #3
Lovelife090994
VT Lover

Lovelife090994's Forum Picture

Name: Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted Cheese View Post
It's those exact same things that got me thinking about anxiety. At first I was worried about OCD but I found out it was just social.
In the worst case you could get meds described to sooth anxiety, like if it's a constant anxiety. Hang in there
It almost is a constant anxiety. I feel like I'm going to crack any day and like something is going to happen any moment.

My Wiccan blog: Blessed be http://lapislazulisights.tumblr.com/I am but a wayward soul traversing the physical plane with Earth as my mistress and I her humble witch.
Art http://artboy-2.deviantart.com/

Lovelife090994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #4
James Dean
Rebel

James Dean's Forum Picture

Name: Charles

Yeah I been there too. You just need to accept yourself more. Not everyone is thinking about you negatively. Nobody is perfect and you shouldn't feel worried or alone in public. Calm down about it, it's going to be fine. Stop putting yourself down and making excuses as to why you are the way you are.

I struggle with social anxiety myself. I try to only take one day week to where I go outside of the house and hang with people from school. I do go out, exercise, hang out friends. Perhaps you should do that?

VM
PM

"You could stop at five or six stores, or just one."
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #5
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELT View Post
Yeah I been there too. You just need to accept yourself more. Not everyone is thinking about you negatively. Nobody is perfect and you shouldn't feel worried or alone in public. Calm down about it, it's going to be fine. Stop putting yourself down and making excuses as to why you are the way you are.

I struggle with social anxiety myself. I try to only take one day week to where I go outside of the house and hang with people from school. I do go out, exercise, hang out friends. Perhaps you should do that?
this. if worse comes to worse, talk to a counselor, but only use drugs at the very last resort.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #6
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Why does your mom have to be such an asshole? I get irritated every time you talk about the woman, ugh!

I can seriously empathize with you there. Have you ever tried earplugs before? It can seriously help minimize noise if that's aggravating to you. I personally have really sensitive ears, so I've found when I'm tense, either soothing music (to block out the ambient noise), or earplugs (to dampen it) can help tremendously with calming me down in general.

Also, make sure you are breathing levelly. Sit down and close your eyes for a moment, steady your breathing if things get overwhelming.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote