Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 19th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #1
Txfri1350

Name: Max
Question Feeling like your spinning in Circles

Anyone else have the feeling as if things just dont go away and your spinning circles. A better way to explain it, you feel like you ended up in the same place where you started or things are even worse.
Txfri1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #2
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: Feeling like your spinning in Circles

Ohhh yes. I'm bipolar, so my life seems circular much of the time.
But anxiety also is a biggie. If I have a bad day, or two or a week, I'll get bad anxiety over having to catch up on what I failed to do on those days, and things will just pile up because I'm too afraid to do them. Eventually, I'll get tired of it, and overexert myself getting everything accomplished. Then, I'll get back to keeping things up until I have a bad day.

Bad days, while inevitable, are also deadly for me. It's impossible to be secure in a schedule, because I know it'll be sabotaged. I hate it.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:23 AM   #3
Txfri1350

Name: Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkat View Post
Ohhh yes. I'm bipolar, so my life seems circular much of the time.
But anxiety also is a biggie. If I have a bad day, or two or a week, I'll get bad anxiety over having to catch up on what I failed to do on those days, and things will just pile up because I'm too afraid to do them. Eventually, I'll get tired of it, and overexert myself getting everything accomplished. Then, I'll get back to keeping things up until I have a bad day.

Bad days, while inevitable, are also deadly for me. It's impossible to be secure in a schedule, because I know it'll be sabotaged. I hate it.
How do you know if your bipolar? I think I am but idk.... When did u find out?
Txfri1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:53 AM   #4
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback1350 View Post
How do you know if your bipolar? I think I am but idk.... When did u find out?
It's a fairly long process because bipolar people have periods of depression and mania...And each is long each time. Basically, you can cycle between a few weeks to a few months of mania (Or hypomania), and months of severe depression.

Manic episodes are usually marked with extremely high energy (you may not [probably will not] be able to sleep many nights, and might spend several nights up in a row. You won't feel tired.), euphoria or possibly extreme irritability (or rage/etc.), and lack of impulse control. Possibly even dissociative or delusional episodes/delusions of grandeur. (For an example, I have both. Dissociative is kind of acting different than yourself without knowing. [Like say I acted like I was Mike {Admin of this site, username is ImCoolBeans} instead of myself, but I was doing it unintentionally- like I thought I WAS Mike. It's a poor example, but this is a tough one to explain.] Delusional episodes are like what is associated with schizophrenia- you might hallucinate, or believe things that aren't true. You might be described as "not being in (your) right mind" when you are like this. Delusions of grandeur are like thinking you're god, a famous celebrity, etc.)

Hypomania is basically marked with higher than usual energy levels, increased productiveness, etc.

Depression is usually moderate to severe in bipolar people, so it's marked by lack of interest in activities you used to enjoy, you might let go of personal hygiene/etc. (are you on a daily schedule? When you're depressed, that usually goes down the drain pretty fast), you might have trouble eating/eat too much (and the same goes with sleep- except you'll most likely be fatigued and in physical pain all the time, whereas with mania, you feel good. Or, at least, relatively so.), you'll probably have trouble concentrating and getting motivation to do things, you might feel extremely- PAINFULLY sad or emotionally bankrupt (just entirely empty. Numb. Nothing. Nada.), you'll probably get irritated and frustrated with things a lot easier than usual, and you may even become suicidal/think suicidal thoughts or become motivated to hurt yourself.

To find out if you are bipolar, usually, a few requirements are met.

1. You're an older teen or adult- doctors are hesitant to diagnose this in younger teens because the medicine generally used to treat bipolar people is pretty serious stuff.
2. You have periods of mania or hypomania where you feel this way much of the day and week for a few weeks or more, as well as periods of depression where you feel this way much of the day and week for a few months or more. You have had these manic and depressive periods a few times at least, and the symptoms can't be better explained by substance abuse, traumatic experiences, etc.
3. As touched on above, the symptoms seem to be in line with bipolar, and not a mood disorder NOS (not otherwise specified), cyclothymia (which is like mild bipolar), Borderline Personality Disorder (which can be similar in ways), or anything else that might better explain the symptoms.
4. You'll probably see your psychologist for several visits before the diagnosis/decision to start treatment for bipolar is made.

I was diagnosed this spring, I think? It's kind of hard to remember. They started me on depakote, a mood stabilizer, shortly after, and they've upped my dose every now and then. It's a very slow process. I'm going back in on the 15th of November, so we'll see how that goes.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote