Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 18th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Renata_cmp
Banned

Default teen guys join girl’s insecurity club

Hey. ok, so maybe im going to be kicked out of this section, because this post is not about my personal struggle with an eating disorder or anything. I just read a article on a great website (im not trying to promote anything here) talking about teen guys falling more and more in this nasty stuff that is insecurity, self-consiousness, overtraining, eating-disorder and such.
I know guys suffers from this since a long time, probably as long as girls did but right now it looks like, thanks to movies and stupid ads, this trend is growing more and more...(the amount of guys in my class 'working out' and wanting to get muscles to impress girls is just ridiculous) well, instead of copy and paste the article here, im gonna give you the link:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/2014/03/1...security-club/

Please read it till the end, im sure its gonna talk to a lot of guys here (and girls too i hope).
Renata_cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #2
TheN3rdyOutcast
Awesome Poster

Name: Willis
Default Re: teen guys join girl’s insecurity club

The thing is, I know I don't want to conform to these standards, and honestly, I do n't care if I never do. I'm definitely on the bigger end of the spectrum, and where other people my age have lat stomach's of washboard abs, I have a significant belly with a love trail creeping up the middle, and I'm proud of that.

Also, I'm too lazy to exercise so...
TheN3rdyOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #3
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

although I don't really have any issues, many guys do. it is just as normal for guys, we are just expected not to talk about it

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 12:57 PM   #4
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Yeah, I have a lot of insecurity, sucks but what can you do about it?

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:43 AM   #5
Renata_cmp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheN3rdyOutcast View Post
The thing is, I know I don't want to conform to these standards, and honestly, I do n't care if I never do. I'm definitely on the bigger end of the spectrum, and where other people my age have lat stomach's of washboard abs, I have a significant belly with a love trail creeping up the middle, and I'm proud of that.

Also, I'm too lazy to exercise so...
You know, i think you're healthier than your 15 years old friends with washboard abs. Their bodybat is probably at a dangerously low perenctage for their age.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:44 PM   #6
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky

I too have grown insecure recntly 'cos I have put on some weight after being stick skinny all my life. From the 1st day my GF found she could pinch a bit of a love handle to now m waist has gone form 26" to 35" and 48kg to 63kg in just 2 yrs!!!.

Worst is I am not fat but still look thin so I am skinny-fat. My GF wont mind , she playfully strips me to my briefs & teases me abt my body it....she says whn I go to college & gain freshman weight i will be actually fat and will not feel awkward.
I feel very self conscious and revealed whn I change for sports & whn hanging out on a warm day undressed, or whn take an impromptu dip in da pool/fountain in my undies with frnds / family.. I try to keep a tank top on now.
But its sooo embarrasing whn family & friends point at & tease abt my new weight..I turn beet red in the face.
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Waleedbt
Member++

Waleedbt's Forum Picture

Name: Waleed

This case isnt only for teens, its among all ages, sure teens fall into it harder now.
I personally am not fat, im gaining muscles slowly, but in a very healthy matter too, sure if i was told i will gain that much amount of muscle in a shorter time, i might be interested but ive always made fun of people who consume such things to fasten the process while it actually only makes the body worse.
Teens only fall for it cause we have to compete! girls are very picky and you can not deny it.
Ive never had a GF in m life and im 19 years of age. Ive never kissed, nothing, so im really insecure about myself, but honestly im leaving all that behind me while being fit and healthy, it changed my POV a lot, sure maybe my body wont get me a girl, but i dont mind it anymore, myself and my image has been my top priority always.

“we accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Instagram http://instagram.com/waleedbt
Waleedbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #8
Renata_cmp
Banned

What do you mean girls are picky? Does that mean they'll always go with the best looking guy??