Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old October 16th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #1
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Name: Gammy Num~Nums
Default I'm not exactly sure but....

I'm not sure if I have an eating disorder or not, I hate putting on weight, I feel terrible if i gain any so I don't eat as much. I quit eating breakfast ( I just can't eat in the mornings ) I do eat lunch but my portions have gotten smaller and dinner has too. I get busy and forget I'm hungry and I try to do whatever to distract myself lately. I've been super stressed and just ..... Idk... either way, I'm afraid to put on any weight because I am very afraid of becoming obese. I'm not saying I want an eating disorder but I just don't wanna eat as much anymore
Old October 16th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #2
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: I'm not exactly sure but....

Eating disorders tend to be much more severe- they don't consider what I have an eating disorder, and it's almost landed me in the hospital/an early grave in general several times before. I've had to call in sick from work due to binges gone horribly wrong.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean you don't have a problem. I would watch yourself, your mood and your habits for a while. IF YOU STOP EATING, OR IT GETS WORSE, PLEASE GET MEDICAL HELP.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Old October 23rd, 2014, 03:10 AM   #3
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Update : I've gotten worse I've shrunk down my portions in food. I don't eat breakfast, I eat lunch, a small lunch and I have a small dinner and I eat a small snack at about 12 am. I've actually lost some weight and I'm continuing to drop I'm depressed and I don't feel like eating either.
Old October 25th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #4
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

First, how much are you eating per meal? Also how much do you weigh? That could help us tell if it is a disorder or not

#ThugLife
Old November 1st, 2014, 07:07 AM   #5
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMerkMMR View Post
First, how much are you eating per meal? Also how much do you weigh? That could help us tell if it is a disorder or not
Ehhh if you go to mcdonalds and get a hamburger, about that size if not that big, but recently, smaller and I'm 87 pounds...
Old November 1st, 2014, 08:22 AM   #6
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson101 View Post
Ehhh if you go to mcdonalds and get a hamburger, about that size if not that big, but recently, smaller and I'm 87 pounds...
Dude, for real....you need to eat more. Your 15 and 87lbs. You don't need to downsize your portions...you need to upsize. In my opinion that's almost unhealthy for you. You should at least be 100lbs. Don't be afraid of becoming obese.. You should put on a little bit more weight. 87sounds extremely low.

#ThugLife
Old November 1st, 2014, 09:16 AM   #7
queenofcontrariety
Member++

queenofcontrariety's Forum Picture

Name: Haley

The double digit weight is the real concern here, unless you're like below 5'2 it's not okay. I mean it's definitely a difficult thing to deal with but you don't actually need to loose anything. My advice is bump up your portions (with a lot of protein) and start working out to build muscle mass, you'll be at a healthier weight, look more healthy, and because you're working out there won't really be a risk of obesity (not that you're anywhere close to at risk). It's a hard thing to do but just try to gradually switch to a healthier way of life
Old November 1st, 2014, 09:44 AM   #8
Horatio Nelson
Retired Bro

Horatio Nelson's Forum Picture

Name: Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcontrariety View Post
The double digit weight is the real concern here, unless you're like below 5'2 it's not okay. I mean it's definitely a difficult thing to deal with but you don't actually need to loose anything. My advice is bump up your portions (with a lot of protein) and start working out to build muscle mass, you'll be at a healthier weight, look more healthy, and because you're working out there won't really be a risk of obesity (not that you're anywhere close to at risk). It's a hard thing to do but just try to gradually switch to a healthier way of life
Best advice.

At your size, you would have to be like 215 pounds to be obese. You don't need to worry about becoming overweight any time soon.

Horatio Nelson

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19*Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20*Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
-Ali-
Old November 1st, 2014, 11:43 AM   #9
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMerkMMR View Post
Dude, for real....you need to eat more. Your 15 and 87lbs. You don't need to downsize your portions...you need to upsize. In my opinion that's almost unhealthy for you. You should at least be 100lbs. Don't be afraid of becoming obese.. You should put on a little bit more weight. 87sounds extremely low.
Its not all that low and honestly, if you saw me on the street, you wouldn't think I'm 87 pounds, I'm hollow in a way if that makes any sense and I was 70 pounds most last year so this is an improvement but I refuse to let myself get fat, that's just a big fear I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcontrariety View Post
Raised said than done, I can't exactly just go to a gym and even if I wanted to gain weight, my metabolism would just burn it all up :/ if I drink some of those juice I have, it makes it sky rocket and I've been drinking a lot of that , I'm not 87 pounds atm but if I eat, I'll go back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
Best advice.

At your size, you would have to be like 215 pounds to be obese. You don't need to worry about becoming overweight any time soon.
Ehhhh I'd rather not take any chances
Old November 1st, 2014, 06:04 PM   #10
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky

Yeah..gaining weight can be quite embarrasing and worrying for a guy who has been skinny all his life. I went thro the same.
When I was 13/14 I was stick skinny. I had a small girlish face, puny body, 6pak abs, limbs were virtual sticks ..by 16 puberty hit & within lyk 1.5 yrs my waist gone from 25 in to 36, face has plumped up, , I've developed a bubble butt too....and I have gone from 48 kg to 65 kg at 5 foot 11......... nw I have a small tummy roll, cannot run etc like when I was skinny, and have sm man-boobies....But my GF who has been with me since I used to be skinny really comforted me....she eased my stress by joking abt my tummy, appreciating my enjoy my "skinny-fat", plumpy body to my skinny body I used to have........she loves to rub my lil belly (esp after during/after a hearty meal) if I am slow to finish my portion....., She cannot keep her hands off my butt and lovess to tease about mw weight gain......she does nt mind me gaining a bit more.!!!!

Still I am not totall comfortable with not being skinny...I feel very self conscious and revealed whn I change for sports & whn hanging out on a warm day undressed, or whn take an impromptu dip in da pool/fountain in my undies with frnds / family.. I try to keep a tank top on now.
Old November 1st, 2014, 06:24 PM   #11
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

I am looking at your picture now, you're as skinny as a rake. You really don't need to lose any weight.

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
Old November 2nd, 2014, 10:39 AM   #12
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Ryan if you say you are getting worse it is time to go get some help man

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:48 AM   #13
Gigablue
Awesome Poster

Gigablue's Forum Picture

You probably don't meet all the diagnostic criteria for an eating disorder, just because the criteria tend to be very strict. However, you definitely have a problem, which could evolve into a diagnosable eating disorder. That, combined with your already low weight, is cause for concern. You need to get professional help.

Old November 5th, 2014, 04:38 AM   #14
xxxander
Banned

Name: Alexander

Consult with your doctor to give you advice dude eating too much or eating less is not safe to your health.
Old February 16th, 2015, 04:07 PM   #15
Failed Algebra

Failed Algebra's Forum Picture

I'm very aware that I'm thin and about a year ago i worried that i had some disorder because i just was never hungry and didn't like eating. that feeling just mysteriously went away over a few months and now i feel like i eat normally. I suppose it's easy to have some kind of eating problem but only if it gets serious is it really a "disorder"
Old February 16th, 2015, 05:25 PM   #16
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Algebra View Post
I'm very aware that I'm thin and about a year ago i worried that i had some disorder because i just was never hungry and didn't like eating. that feeling just mysteriously went away over a few months and now i feel like i eat normally. I suppose it's easy to have some kind of eating problem but only if it gets serious is it really a "disorder"
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or more.

val
Closed Thread