Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old August 1st, 2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Azerty

Default What's going on with my head?!

For the past year, or maybe longer, there seems to be something going on with me.

I basically know all the disorders by heart now, because I've studied them all in attempt to figure out what's wrong.

- Episodes of depression and (mild) mania? Check.

- Severe debilitating depression? Check.
I even skipped an entire month of school. A MONTH. I had a finals exam a couple of weeks ago. I didn't even go.

- Narcissistic and psychopathic tendencies and lack of empathy? Check.
Almost had a car crash with my friends two days ago. They were all freaked and cursing at the other driver, I sat like nothing happened, no "near death terror" was felt.

-Somewhat manic hyperactivity and racing thoughts that might signify ADHD? Check.
My siblings and friends get pissed off frequently by my fidgeting and tapping feet and finger drumming and spinning phones, remote controlers, pencils, etc.

- Very brief and impulsive mood swings? Check.
I can basically go from happy to pissed off over the slightest thing in a matter of seconds (for example, someone cutting into my sentence while speaking)

I basically fit under bi-polar, clinical depression, psychopathy, ADHD/ADD, borderline personality disorder, narcissisim, I don't know what else.

I don't want to go to a professional. That's why I'm posting here, so if you guys have any questions and ideas, please do. Or I'll kill myself. Kidding, I won't.

Basically, I'm:

- Quite impulsive
- Careless and callous (for example, when reading, I just lose track even somewhat on purpose and just go blargh-screw-it and go with something else)
- Detached from society (sort of on purpose, I don't like people, although I do have friends)
- Hyperactive
- Dissociative (if that's the right word; frequently zoned out)
- Careless when it comes to other people (I don't even remember stuff people tell me, unless they're important to me)
- Depressed
- That depression is replaced by somewhat destructive "why the fu*k am I being depressed because of that sh*t?!" side of me
- Anger issues (see the one above)
- Have issues with careless mistakes and concentration (half a dozen of these words here in this post were mistaken, for example "word" for "wrong")
- Overall "F*CK IT ALL" and "WHY NOT" mentality

So yeah, that's supposed to give you an idea. If you've suspicion about a certain disorder feel free to ask and stuff. Don't tell me to finish an online screeing test because I know the answers by heart and I don't think the results would be that accurate.
Old December 9th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #2
RJx_Writer

RJx_Writer's Forum Picture

Name: Justin
Default Re: What's going on with my head?!

You can't diagnose yourself. Our brains are always trying to make connections to everything we sense, so when your looking at the symptoms of mental illnesses, your brain tries to connect to those symptoms. So thus you may think you have that symptom when you don't. It is nearly impossible to have all these illnesses, and if you're under eighteen one of them isn't even applicable. Also it is impossible to have both bipolar and another depressive disorder. Think about it. The only one who can make a diagnoses for you is a professional like a psychiatrist or psychologist.
Old December 9th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Lost in the Echo
mofo

Lost in the Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Bo
Default Re: What's going on with my head?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJx_Writer View Post
You can't diagnose yourself. Our brains are always trying to make connections to everything we sense, so when your looking at the symptoms of mental illnesses, your brain tries to connect to those symptoms. So thus you may think you have that symptom when you don't. It is nearly impossible to have all these illnesses, and if you're under eighteen one of them isn't even applicable. Also it is impossible to have both bipolar and another depressive disorder. Think about it. The only one who can make a diagnoses for you is a professional like a psychiatrist or psychologist.
Please don't post in threads inactive for longer than 2 months.
Closed Thread