Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old July 18th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #1
silverfox9001

Name: Georgia
Question Do I have Anxiety?

I always thought that I was just really shy and self concious/saftey concious but yeah, I never really knew what anxiety was up untill a few weeks ago and I was wondering whether I had it or not.

I'm a really quiet person, I will only talk if I feel pressured to, I guess that's mainly because Il'm too worried about what people think, if I stutter, loose my voice, blush, pronounce something wrong etc.
I get really really embarrassed when people look at me, even if they are talking to me or something I just feel really scared.
PE and just sports in general scare me. I know that I'm not very good at it and I don't like all the physical contact and if I do something wrong, get in somebody's way, look like an idiot etc.
I have an extreme fear of heights, I get really nervous when standing on chairs or benches, small rocks etc.
I hate walking into a shop and having other people in the same area as me, idk, I just feel really judged about what I may be looking at.
I purposely get on the school bus last so that I have to stand to avoid sitting by anyone.
I hate eating around people.
I hate it when people watch me write or when people compliment me.
I barely even talk to my "friends" anymore, they know none of my secrets, I don't really trust people easily.
I hate being in groups with people.
I feel really intimidated by a lot of people.

There's also a heap of other things but I've only written these ones to give an overall idea.
silverfox9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Dying Ember
Member++

Name: Maya
Default Re: Do I have Anxiety?

To be honest, I really don't know. I'm quite like you, getting scared over those kind of things. I would speak to someone about it...like your school nurse? Just explain to her what's on your mind and stuff. It might help and could give you some advice about it?
Dying Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #3
Seafood
Member+

Name: Mason

Don't go to a school nurse. See if there is a counselor or guidance staff, and send them an email about what's on your mind.
Seafood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Deleted User
Legendary Member

This does sound like many of the symptoms of anxiety. The thing with anxiety is that it presents itself differently in everyone. My anxiety is almost entirely physical, as in I may not know what's scaring me but I feel like I'm having a heart attack. You seem to know what makes you worry and scared and that doesn't make it any less of an issue, it just makes it easier to treat.

Talk to a school nurse or guidance staff. They're there to help and might be able to give you suggestions on how to reduce stress in these situations.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:04 PM   #5
Alleycat23

Name: Lily

You need to talk to someone. You seem to have a few symptoms but its hard to tell because everyone suffers from a bit of anxiety sometimes. I think if you should talk to your doctor, he/she will know if you explain how your feeling and you might then get proper help. Don't talk to anyone at your school because they can't do anything for you and in my experience of counsellors they dont have alot of empathy.
Alleycat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #6
Amy123

Name: Amy

Everyone will have it sometime in there life stay strong don't worry

Add me please cheak out my profile
Amy123 is offline   Reply With Quote