Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 12th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #1
catoandmillie

Unhappy Is this an eating disorder or just anxiety?

So, i have this kind of fear of eating infront of people. Its not that i dont like food but i always feel like people are looking at me and i look disgusting while im eating. I searched it up on google which i know is probably the worst thing to do and it told me i could have social anxiety disorder or this is a sign of annorexia. Is it one of these things?
catoandmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #2
elmers_gliu

Default Re: Is this an eating disorder or just anxiety?

Whatever you are going through, I'm sure it's not entirely pleasant. I'm sorry! I would definitely consult a professional or trusted adult to help give you a more educated answer. Hope you have an awesome day
elmers_gliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #3
dame
Nice Poster

dame's Forum Picture

Name: Damian

It can actually be both anxiety & anorexia. Anorexia is all about control, like controlling the way you look & your weight. It gives you a sense of control in a way. Anxiety is when you feel like you've lost control. I've read up quite a lot on psychology & many who suffer from anorexia had an anxiety disorder prior to developing anorexia. I'd seek some professional help, anorexia & anxiety are illnesses that you're able to be guided through w/ the help of a professional. To me you don't seem like you're anorexic, but I feel it's something that can definitely develop at a later time. You're not disgusting whatsoever, eating is something everyone does. I understand how you feel, I used to feel like shit whenever I had to eat in front of people. I got over it though, if you can't love me for who I am & the way I look you're just ignorant & you don't deserve to be in my life. I really hope that you get through this, good luck & be sure to keep us updated!

☀ shinin' on dem hoes☀
dame |17|good vibes

tumblr
dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Elvalight

Elvalight's Forum Picture

You shouldn't worry. I know that I for one am extremely shy while around visitors, especially while eating. When I was 12 up to early 14, I would keep my head down while eating and cover my mouth with a napkin. But the point of eating is for food, so you live, not to look like some celebrity on a movie seductively taking a bite out of a melty pizza( unless you want to lol ;D) Even now whenever I eat around people who aren't family, I still feel self-conscious. Probably will fade over time. Unless you worry too much about your weight/throw up food on purpose, you don't have anorexia. As long as you can stand being around people( u don't have to like the girls screaming on either side of u) and can talk if you need to, you most likely shouldn't worry about social anxiety.
Elvalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:24 AM   #5
Tifany

Name: Tifany

Well, you don't need to worry. It is simply anxiety and nothing serious. Anyhow, I would still recommend to you go to doctor.
Tifany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:32 AM   #6
beccajay

Try not to stress too much about it but if its causing you to not eat properly and you are losing weight then a chat with the doctor may be best.
beccajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:24 AM   #7
hyperdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by catoandmillie View Post
So, i have this kind of fear of eating infront of people. Its not that i dont like food but i always feel like people are looking at me and i look disgusting while im eating. I searched it up on google which i know is probably the worst thing to do and it told me i could have social anxiety disorder or this is a sign of annorexia. Is it one of these things?
i dont think any person in the world cares what others look like when they eat so you should just stop thinking about it because its pointless.
sorryyy!
hyperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 06:50 PM   #8
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky

This dinner table anxiety happened to me too....In a different way tho.....
I was rail thin all my life but by 15y I started to gain...(I went from 46kilo to 65+kilo within 2yr)...Obviously my changes were much noticeable and some aunt/uncle would bring that up in the dinner table...like "..ur getting filled out but I think u can stand to eat and put on a bit more...." and load my plate....(or my mom will)...This used to turn me pink and very self consious to a level I cannot continue my meal..
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote