Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old July 11th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Kass

Name: Kassidy
Default Phone Call Tips

So I'm 17 years old and my parents and teachers are really pushing me to go to university because apparently I'm intelligent and I should go.

I've looked on the internet for loads of stuff and it has been helpful but I need to ring up colleges and universities. I literally hate talking on the phone to anyone, even family and avoid it whenever I can (AKA I ignore the phone when it rings and pretend I didn't hear it if anyone asks.

Anyone got any tips on what I can do to help me with this?

Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:42 AM   #2
Crystalline

Crystalline's Forum Picture

Name: Ash
Default Re: Phone Call Tips

I get that same way too, I'm entering into college now and every time I have to either go up there or call the college I freak out. What I like to do is try to calm my self down and write out all the questions I have on a piece of paper. Then I sit there and ask the questions out loud over and over until it feels natural. (I know it sounds silly but it helps me not sit on the phone stuttering and blanking out.) After that I chant in my head that I can do this and just call them. It's a strange way,but I use that method and it seems to work. Heck, I even do that right before I call in a pizza. x3 Hopefully I helped you out!
Old October 29th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #3
geecastrell

I find the thing that really helps me is similar to Crystalline, I will write out my opening sentence to the conversation eg: Hi I am calling about... on a piece of paper. That way I know I won't panic the moment I hear someone's voice and end up hanging up. Hope this helps
Old October 29th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #4
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by geecastrell View Post
I find the thing that really helps me is similar to Crystalline, I will write out my opening sentence to the conversation eg: Hi I am calling about... on a piece of paper. That way I know I won't panic the moment I hear someone's voice and end up hanging up. Hope this helps
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Closed Thread