Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 27th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #1
Anathema
Junior Member+

Anathema's Forum Picture

Name: Jon
Default social anxiety & new college

hey guys i'm starting a new college in the september term and i'm hella scared
i was telling myself i was gonna be fine this time around because i'm going back onto sertraline soon hopefully and they sort of helped (not much but better than being my usual self) when i began taking them and so i was carefree about starting
so then i go to my interview which was all good because my mom did all the talking (however i did have to talk about my anxiety so that i could explain any additional needs i may have) and then she informed me that i have to attend a taster day this upcoming monday
i'm freaking out because i definitely won't have my medication by then and even if i did they'd be ineffective anyway so i'm so panicky
i haven't felt this nervous/anxious for anything since i had my doctors appointment having to speak about my anxiety (ironic how we have to do that huh?) anyway i really dunno how to deal with it because my last college i started was awful for me we had to keep talking to new people e.g. icebreakers and stuff and i get all sweaty and shaky etc.

i really do want to attend it though because it's the only way i'll know if the options i've chosen are for me etc. so it's very important that i go

idk if this is a question thread or just a place for me to let it all out (better than my other alternative) but i'm just so scared

twenty one pilots
Anathema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #2
miley

miley's Forum Picture

Name: loz
Default Re: social anxiety & new college

I know ya worried now but im sure it will get better! I am also nervous plus i might be starting a new college but idk, you are worse than me so idk your situation rly
love u jon bae

i wove miley cyrus
miley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Anathema
Junior Member+

Anathema's Forum Picture

Name: Jon

love u loz u look perfect in ur av XXXXX

twenty one pilots
Anathema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #4
miley

miley's Forum Picture

Name: loz

thanks u 2 XXXX

i wove miley cyrus
miley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #5
nikkissippi121
Junior Member+

nikkissippi121's Forum Picture

Name: Nikko

I'm in a similar situation! I've been on Sertraline/Zoloft since I was 11 or so, and I'm starting college in 6 days. I'm very, very nervous, but I find when I'm on campus, I'm usually so preoccupied with what I'm doing and trying to be polite to everyone that I don't have much time to be anxious. I'd just suggest that you try to find a distraction - maybe bring an MP3 player or something like that - and remember that you can do it! When I started high school, I was so anxious about everything that I wouldn't enter a classroom if I were late and I wouldn't eat in the cafeteria - I never thought I'd be able to go to college, but I'm surprising myself all the time. Just keep your head up and do your best.
nikkissippi121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:23 PM   #6
The Madman
Member++

The Madman's Forum Picture

I would say try to find someone in your class to stick with. My best friend has anxiety and though I didn't know it for about half the year in college, we stuck close together and I helped her out with stuff. Maybe you can find that.

I am always here to help
The Madman is offline   Reply With Quote