Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 8th, 2004, 12:08 PM   #1
Stex

Default Paranoia

This is a personality trait rather than a mental illness but I really need a rant about it.

I keep getting these paranoid thoughts. Then I go off creating huge elaborate stories in my head about how things bad could happen. Then I end up believing them and ARGH! It's really messing with my head!

For instance - I'm finally going to be able to go and meet Nia (My girlfriend, lives far away) tomorrow. I am soooooo happy. But she's going to a party tonight and all I can think about is how she could get too drunk, stumble around and somehow kill or seriously hurt herself.

Whenever I'm ignored for even a second by my friends I get alll tense, annoyed, end up being mardy at them because I start to believe the paranoid thoughts about them. Like they're only my friends because I'm depressed.

I can't get these thoughts out of my head >_< Why won't they go away!!!?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #2
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Im sure that its a "teen phase" or something like that, because I think about bad things too and I also sometimes get tense if Im ignored. I guess its a result of puberty...

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #3
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Your not alone Stex I have the same problem. I'm going to agree with Kiros I think it's because of puberty. When I talk to someone I will go over it in my head over and over again, I get all stressed out if I think i'm being ignored, ect.... So your normal either that or the three of us are just weird which is cool too. 8)

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:35 PM   #4
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

I'm paranoid most the time too. It sucks but you have to deal with it.

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2004, 08:43 PM   #5
boognish
A Pleaser

im kinda paranoid but instead of think what could happen i am allways thinking of an alliby just in case i get caught doing somthing wrong.

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #6
Chrono
Great Poster

Chrono's Forum Picture

I get paranoid a lot, I don't know why, but when its dark outside and I'm alone, I look around everywhere thinking someone will jump out and kill me or someone is just watching me. I do things like I'm scared that people don't like me when they can't do something like go out to the mall. Also more little things, like everytime I'm about to use the bathroom, I have to look behind the shower curtain to make sure no one is back there waiting for me, my friend does the same thing with the shower curtain and we kinda laugh about it but I'm still scared. Also I can't sleep in pure darkness. I'll close my eyes then open them right back up because I know someone is going to kill me when I'm not looking. The only time I've managed to sleep in the dark is when some of my friends and I spent the night at my friend's house and me and the guy I am in love with slept in the same bed, then I felt like nothing could get me cause he was there, but that's the only time.
Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:32 PM   #7
///James///
VT Lover

///James///'s Forum Picture

im totally paranoid! im practilly a Basket Case to be honest!

i think everyone is talking about me, and since the time i was nearly beaten up, i have been paranoid that everyone is going to hurt me.
just have to live with it

James Has Left this place for a while...or for good. Time will tell.
Please visit StapleClock a new site for teens, run by teens.

leep, Little Three Eyes
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../icon276fu.gifhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...mikeyav3xq.gifhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...s/icon87if.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...eypokey7ad.gif

The Crush is kinda over, but still the diary lives on, and is really interesing! GO TO IT!
The Gay Bar Diary only on VT!!

I LOVE RUDI SOOO MUCH

Feelin Gay??
||||||||||||||||||
///James/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM   #8
Dante
Legendary Member

I just realized last week, that I suffer from paranoia. I hate it so much, i worry bout freakin erything. I have been sufferin for a while now, but i didnt pay any mind to it, but now its alot worse.

If Any Member needs to talk to me about anything, Just PM me, the door is always open.

My blog: Blog...
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #9
Nemobolistik
Unregistered

I'm usually paranoid when ever I smoke marijuana. Weird thoughts start to roam threw my head about oh something bad is going to happen. Then I get woozy (I love it thought haha!).
Old July 14th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #10
the_hope_house

Im paranoid too. I think Im going to die allt he time, or something is going to happen, like someones going to pull a gun out and shoot me, or I'll die in a plane crash, or...

Alannah
the_hope_house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2005, 05:28 AM   #11
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros72
Im sure that its a "teen phase" or something like that, because I think about bad things too and I also sometimes get tense if Im ignored. I guess its a result of puberty...
its not a "teen phase" i dont think... most people with mental illnesses get more paranoid then the average person... we scare a lot more easily because we are more sensative and things like this effect us a lot more... dont worry... you are not alone in this at all!

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
RunAwayMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 04:42 PM   #12
homiedizzledog

Default Me Too

Lol I guess i am a little paranoid cause i like search ny bathroom before using it, and i check my room first before goin to sleep, but thats about it... Lol its not that bad, things could be worse!
homiedizzledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #13
floobydee

floobydee's Forum Picture

Default Re: Paranoia

I Agree with RunAwayMolly. its not a "teen phase" when i was 5-ish i had extreme paranoia. now, i just feel slightly uncomfortable when alone or in the dark.
floobydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #14
JustJuss

JustJuss's Forum Picture

i also agree with RunAwayMolly.

I (up until recently) thought my paranoia was normal, that everyone felt like that often.... finally mu psychiatrist (after i mento=ioned it to her for the first time ever) was surprised that she didnt already know about it.. apparently its not normal..

REMEMBER there is a big difference between worrying, being cautous and paranoia. If ur worrying is 'irrational' and effecting ur quality of life then id keep an eye on it if i were u.
JustJuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #15
star_face
Junior Member+

star_face's Forum Picture

i get very paranoid and have been for a long time since i was quiet young, because i was beaten up when i was 7 by aload of older teens for no reason and ever since i'm always conviced everyones out to get me.
i also think that my mum and dad have camaras all over the house watching me, i know theres nothing there but in the back of my mind i still think there ,there.
i also can't sleep in a dark room and have to have all the windows in the house shut before i can even attemp to sleep, but still i think that someone in my room and sometime i can be half in a dream but be looking around the room still but people from school and people i know will be in my room watching me try and sleep or sleep and i panic and no matter how much i hind under the covers they can all still see me .*messed up or what*

it effects me when i'm out too, i always think that people are following me or planning to attack me. and i think people can read my throughts, and for some reason i avoid eyecontact cos i think this is how they read my mind. also recently i've started to believe that other people can talk to each other through thoughts except for me and there all talking about me, and now i isolate my self and advoid being in a group situation.

and i think the man across the road is spyin on me and is always watchin my window so i keep the blinds closed all the time.

i know it's starting to get out of control and it's effecting my life , but i read that it can be really hard to treat paranoia.
star_face is offline   Reply With Quote