Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 17th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #1
Oath
Banned

Name: Cassie
Default this whole section be removed

This section really isn't producing well and I think it's best if you guys just kept it to a pm or private reply suggestion box type thing to where it doesn't become a discussion unless a really. Because I just see the same suggestions over and over again being requested and usually the things that you guys agreed to test to try out never really came into fruition and the things that you agreed to add to the forum, you later removed.

So my suggestion is that the suggestion thread be removed as "it's not really necessary" because it isn't. If anyone has a complaint or suggestion, there should be a pm or message system to where that could be used.

Because people are only using this to just agree that the suggestion isn't going to work and then the topic is still kept on going just go people could spam their post count. Just to keep up their post count and stuff.

Or at least keep the posts in this thread moderated or so that your post count doesn't go up when you post here.

So those are my suggestions.
Oath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:47 AM   #2
Saint

Saint's Forum Picture

Default Re: this whole section be removed

Isn't that just removing the community aspect of VT though? I do agree that there are some re-posted suggestions,but removing the whole section seems over the top to be honest .

Mods/admins locking the thread after reviewing & giving a final stand on it seems more plausible imo. It allows room for discussion and might influence the admins to review said suggestion with the opinions of others.

Just my 2 cents

Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:51 AM   #3
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

No. I think most would agree that the suggestion section is fine.

We can't accept every suggestion Cassie. You can't change every detail of the site to fit every single person's wants/needs. And what have we removed other than Tapatalk which crashed the site? We've added multiple suggestions in the last year and continue to add more as time goes on.

If you have general questions or suggestions you should be able to post them and here back from more than just one person. I don't think it would be very fair if all of the suggestions were just seen by one or two people who decided on them. I like the system where both users and staff can weigh in on it, and I'm sure others do too, seeing as the forums get used frequently.

It's very necessary, nearly every forum I've ever been on has sections like this. Bad idea.

Would you also rather see us put abrupt stops to threads? We don't lock many threads in the VT HQ and suggestions sections for a reason. We don't want to silence members and make them feel as if it's all up to us; we want to hear what everyone has to say, not silence them and lock their threads.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]g
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator

Last edited by ImCoolBeans; April 17th, 2014 at 08:06 AM.
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:41 AM   #4
Oath
Banned

Name: Cassie

But I'm just saying for the most part you guys are happy with the way things are going.

I gave many suggestions that were thrown out the window and I feel they weren't properly listened to because the way the suggestion system is made up.

And I stand corrected usually things are added and removed outside the suggestion forum like reputation, vm's are moderated and no shirtless pictures.
Oath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:44 AM   #5
NeuroTiger
El Tigre

NeuroTiger's Forum Picture

VT is fine the way it is...
NeuroTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:54 AM   #6
JamesSuperBoy
Awesome Poster

JamesSuperBoy's Forum Picture

Name: ^*~James~*^

I agree the suggestion section is good to have -
JamesSuperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 06:38 AM   #7
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oath View Post
This section really isn't producing well and I think it's best if you guys just kept it to a pm or private reply suggestion box type thing to where it doesn't become a discussion unless a really. Because I just see the same suggestions over and over again being requested and usually the things that you guys agreed to test to try out never really came into fruition and the things that you agreed to add to the forum, you later removed.

So my suggestion is that the suggestion thread be removed as "it's not really necessary" because it isn't. If anyone has a complaint or suggestion, there should be a pm or message system to where that could be used.

Because people are only using this to just agree that the suggestion isn't going to work and then the topic is still kept on going just go people could spam their post count. Just to keep up their post count and stuff.

Or at least keep the posts in this thread moderated or so that your post count doesn't go up when you post here.

So those are my suggestions.
I personally think we SHULD keep this. gives people a chance to discuss and give suggestions, which is a good thing. So no support

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 07:38 AM   #8
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK

Haha... at least this suggestion forum earned us these:

All I really have to say in this
backjruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 11:42 AM   #9
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

It wouldn't make sense for this section to be removed. Every forum should have a section like this because it gives members a chance to voice their opinion and help make the site better! It's rather annoying to see the same suggestions, but I've learned to deal with it. In fact, I see different suggestions a lot, too! It is necessary to have this section, even if the administrators can't take every single one in to consideration.
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:10 AM   #10
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

We should stop listening to people because we like the site? That sounds like a bad idea. Your suggestions were listened to, Cassie, you just can't change the site to suit every single person's wants, especially if it doesn't help the site.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote