Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #1
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster
 
VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture
 
Name: Victoria/Tori
Join Date: February 10, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 17
Unhappy Panic Attacks constantly...

Lately I have been nothing but anxious and having panic attacks. I don't know what is the deal with me but its becoming just like the beginning of the school year. I feel the urge to run out of class and get away from here. At first I thought it was the lessons because it was more my cooking class than any other but now its every class I go to, I am anxious. I want to leave. Nothing puts me at ease and I don't want to feel like this anymore. I'm sorry but there are so many things running through my head right now and I am panicking... I'm becoming annoying and crazy... I'm sorry.

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Is it only at school? I had a lot of panic attacks that were work-triggered, because work stressed me out too much a while back.


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #3
imthomas
Member
 
Name: Thomas
Join Date: April 10, 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

I know the feeling. I had to leave college because they were becoming so bad
imthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:17 AM   #4
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster
 
VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture
 
Name: Victoria/Tori
Join Date: February 10, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
Is it only at school? I had a lot of panic attacks that were work-triggered, because work stressed me out too much a while back.
No. They happen anywhere. Just been more at school than anywhere else.

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #5
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGotaSecret View Post
No. They happen anywhere. Just been more at school than anywhere else.
It could still be school-related. Do you have anything that helps to relax you? Have you tried meditation before?


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #6
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster
 
VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture
 
Name: Victoria/Tori
Join Date: February 10, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
It could still be school-related. Do you have anything that helps to relax you? Have you tried meditation before?
I've never had medication before and the only thing that helps me is cutting...

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #7
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGotaSecret View Post
I've never had medication before and the only thing that helps me is cutting...
Not medication, meditation. http://zenhabits.net/meditation-for-...ting-the-mind/


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #8
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster
 
VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture
 
Name: Victoria/Tori
Join Date: February 10, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
No. Haven't tried that either. Sorry for my mistake.

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #9
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGotaSecret View Post
No. Haven't tried that either. Sorry for my mistake.
It's fine, there's like a two letter difference so I understand

Well that might be able to help you. Personally it takes a lot for me to get calm enough to be ABLE to, but who knows.

Aside from that, have you gone to a counselor/therapist? Or tried drinking water/chewing gum/other mundane things to calm down?


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #10
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster
 
VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture
 
Name: Victoria/Tori
Join Date: February 10, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
It's fine, there's like a two letter difference so I understand

Well that might be able to help you. Personally it takes a lot for me to get calm enough to be ABLE to, but who knows.

Aside from that, have you gone to a counselor/therapist? Or tried drinking water/chewing gum/other mundane things to calm down?
Yes but nothing else has worked. I used to see someone too and that didn't help.

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #11
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGotaSecret View Post
Yes but nothing else has worked. I used to see someone too and that didn't help.
Hmm, well I don't have any advice other than that, sorry.


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:59 PM   #12
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster
 
VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture
 
Name: Victoria/Tori
Join Date: February 10, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
Hmm, well I don't have any advice other than that, sorry.
Its okay.

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #13
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGotaSecret View Post
Lately I have been nothing but anxious and having panic attacks. I don't know what is the deal with me but its becoming just like the beginning of the school year. I feel the urge to run out of class and get away from here. At first I thought it was the lessons because it was more my cooking class than any other but now its every class I go to, I am anxious. I want to leave. Nothing puts me at ease and I don't want to feel like this anymore. I'm sorry but there are so many things running through my head right now and I am panicking... I'm becoming annoying and crazy... I'm sorry.
I had that really bad for a while up to 2-3 weeks ago. And now it's gone. Don't really know what causes it. Just a brain chemical imbalance I guess. I drink a lot of Mountain Dew, so one thing I did was cut out all caffeine and drink extra water. Exercised more. Now it's gone. Don't know if that's because of anything I did or it just ran its course.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #14
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
I had that really bad for a while up to 2-3 weeks ago. And now it's gone. Don't really know what causes it. Just a brain chemical imbalance I guess. I drink a lot of Mountain Dew, so one thing I did was cut out all caffeine and drink extra water. Exercised more. Now it's gone. Don't know if that's because of anything I did or it just ran its course.
Well caffeine IS a drug, and it CAN cause anxiety if you use a lot of it. So that's not too surprising. Did you have any withdrawals?


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2014, 12:06 AM   #15
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
Well caffeine IS a drug, and it CAN cause anxiety if you use a lot of it. So that's not too surprising. Did you have any withdrawals?
I'm not sure if I did, but doubt it. Usually caffeine seems to have little effect on me. I mainly drink Mountain Dew because I like the flavor so much. But I figure if already jittery and having fast heartbeats, prolly not a good idea to keep taking in caffeine and drink water with electrolytes instead. I drank a bunch of Mtn Dew today and it had no effect on me.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #16
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Panic Attacks constantly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
I'm not sure if I did, but doubt it. Usually caffeine seems to have little effect on me. I mainly drink Mountain Dew because I like the flavor so much. But I figure if already jittery and having fast heartbeats, prolly not a good idea to keep taking in caffeine and drink water with electrolytes instead. I drank a bunch of Mtn Dew today and it had no effect on me.
(No withdrawals usually = not chemically dependent- so that's good.)

Yeeeaaah, that would be your body telling you to cut it out.


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org