Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 26th, 2018, 11:08 PM   #1
isa_bella340
Member+

isa_bella340's Forum Picture

Name: Isabella
Thumbs down almost attention seeking

I'm not really sure if this is where this should go but here I go.
basically I grew up an extremely shy and quiet kid. I was extremely underweight, shy, emotional but held it in, and had some abuse from my brother. I never really talked to my parents about Anything.

so recently I've been noticing I've been kind of attention seeking. they have called me "drama- queen" for about 3 years , when I started becoming more of an attention seeker. I really think it's because of all the lost time from being a quiet to myself child. I just want people to know I'm here. I don't want to feel forgotten. I don't want to be that one kid in the class and no one realizes I'm gone that day. I'm not a very loud person though. but I do seek attention from parents. and I see it. but I can't stop it. it makes me feel bad.

any words of advice or anything?

henlo!!!
im Isabella!! im 16 and I'm very social!PM me if you want! I love PMs! go ahead!Pop me a random question or just say hi! Or even go check out my profile picture album! {If your responding to me in a thread, please quote me }

isa_bella340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:49 PM   #2
Ellia
Member+

Ellia's Forum Picture

Default Re: almost attention seeking

That is a really good analysis!

Yes I am the same way, I guess I act out sexually you could say. It is really hard to stop

Last edited by Ellia; June 27th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.
Ellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 09:33 PM   #3
Just Tim
Nice Poster

Just Tim's Forum Picture

Name: Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by isa_bella340 View Post
I'm not really sure if this is where this should go but here I go.
basically I grew up an extremely shy and quiet kid. I was extremely underweight, shy, emotional but held it in, and had some abuse from my brother. I never really talked to my parents about Anything.

so recently I've been noticing I've been kind of attention seeking. they have called me "drama- queen" for about 3 years , when I started becoming more of an attention seeker. I really think it's because of all the lost time from being a quiet to myself child. I just want people to know I'm here. I don't want to feel forgotten. I don't want to be that one kid in the class and no one realizes I'm gone that day. I'm not a very loud person though. but I do seek attention from parents. and I see it. but I can't stop it. it makes me feel bad.

any words of advice or anything?
Alright you know I like to tease you and all but I just got to say, be yourself dude. Simple I know right, you're pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellia View Post
Yes I am the same way, I guess I act out sexually you could. It is really hard to stop
Uh what

JUST TIM
Also known as, the hash-slinging slasher

Just Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 09:43 PM   #4
Ellia
Member+

Ellia's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tim View Post
Alright you know I like to tease you and all but I just got to say, be yourself dude. Simple I know right, you're pretty cool.

Uh what
umm, thanks for making me feel self concious.
Old June 27th, 2018, 10:14 PM   #5
Just Tim
Nice Poster

Just Tim's Forum Picture

Quote:
umm, thanks for making me feel self concious.
Hey I'm here all week haha, nah jk I just didn't know what you meant but ok

JUST TIM

Old June 27th, 2018, 10:29 PM   #6
Ellia
Member+

Ellia's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tim View Post
Hey I'm here all week haha, nah jk I just didn't know what you meant but ok
I will spell it out. It means I use sexuality to get attention and approval. I am really ashamed of it, don't know why I do it, it was hard to even type that
Old June 27th, 2018, 10:56 PM   #7
Tayler
Member+

Tayler's Forum Picture

Name: Tayler

Just Tim, she means that she hasn’t felt the attention that she knows she deserves from family and friends so she uses sexuality to get that. Unfortunately many girls do this, guys too of course.

Bella, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I haven’t and will not forget you. I have a great time talking g to you when we chat. I hope you feel that you can message me any time. As far as advice, I think you need to tell your parents how you feel. When you say you seek attention from parents, what do you mean exactly? If you want to talk in a pm we can do that

Posts merged,please use the edit button next time ~Dalcourt

Last edited by Dalcourt; June 28th, 2018 at 12:32 AM.
Tayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2018, 10:57 AM   #8
isa_bella340
Member+

isa_bella340's Forum Picture

Name: Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayler View Post
Just Tim, she means that she hasnít felt the attention that she knows she deserves from family and friends so she uses sexuality to get that. Unfortunately many girls do this, guys too of course.

Bella, Iím so sorry youíre going through this. I havenít and will not forget you. I have a great time talking g to you when we chat. I hope you feel that you can message me any time. As far as advice, I think you need to tell your parents how you feel. When you say you seek attention from parents, what do you mean exactly? If you want to talk in a pm we can do that

Posts merged,please use the edit button next time ~Dalcourt
sometimes I'm just irritating. like randomly saying hi or just getting their attention. it irritates me! like my mom will be watching tv and I'll just be like "HI MOM WHATCHA DOING?" *umm I'm watching tv as you can see* "do you want me to make you dinner" * no I already ate, thanks* "are you sureeee?" * yes I'm good* "but are you positive?" * {eye roll}* ....."HEY NOAH (my puppy) YOUR SO CUTEEE!" "mom isn't he so cute?!" * huff yes you ask me everyday*

henlo!!!
im Isabella!! im 16 and I'm very social!PM me if you want! I love PMs! go ahead!Pop me a random question or just say hi! Or even go check out my profile picture album! {If your responding to me in a thread, please quote me }

isa_bella340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2018, 01:49 PM   #9
JessicaShy
Banned

Name: Jessica

My dad died when I was 14 and the month before my bff moved to another country. I was a real daddy's girl (guess he wanted a son) and he loved to watch me play football/soccer and we watched sports together every weekend. I well and truly went into my shell when he died (hence the 'shy') but now starting to 'flower' I feel. I'm proud to say I'm more interested in girls than boys and looking forward to what the future may bring me. I'm done with all the sympathy - time to grow as Jess now. Already made some good friends on here and hope to make many more.
JessicaShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2018, 08:54 PM   #10
Holby
Junior Member+

Holby's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous

I feel you. I have never made friends easily, and to this day, I don't have many friends I see on a regular basis. I too want attention, and find it hard to stop talking about myself, instead of listening to others.
Holby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2018, 11:44 PM   #11
Just Tim
Nice Poster

Just Tim's Forum Picture

Quote:
I will spell it out. It means I use sexuality to get attention and approval. I am really ashamed of it, don't know why I do it, it was hard to even type that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayler View Post
Just Tim, she means that she hasnít felt the attention that she knows she deserves from family and friends so she uses sexuality to get that. Unfortunately many girls do this, guys too of course.
Oh alright then.

JUST TIM

Old July 4th, 2018, 12:34 AM   #12
Tayler
Member+

Tayler's Forum Picture

Name: Tayler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaShy View Post
My dad died when I was 14 and the month before my bff moved to another country. I was a real daddy's girl (guess he wanted a son) and he loved to watch me play football/soccer and we watched sports together every weekend. I well and truly went into my shell when he died (hence the 'shy') but now starting to 'flower' I feel. I'm proud to say I'm more interested in girls than boys and looking forward to what the future may bring me. I'm done with all the sympathy - time to grow as Jess now. Already made some good friends on here and hope to make many more.

Jess I absolutely love this. I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad, that breaks my heart, but I’m so glad you are starting to come out of your shell. You are such an awesome person and so fun to talk to.
Tayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #13
Lucy G

Lucy G's Forum Picture

Name: Lucy

Quote:
Interesting. I have sympathy. I'm really shy. I think I'm bisexual but I wonder if that's something to do with my shyness and a wanting to be accepted. I'm not ashamed of liking girls but I do wonder if it's sub-consciously to do with my shyness

15, bi (I think) Shy but happy to chat
Lucy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 08:35 AM   #14
Lucy G

Lucy G's Forum Picture

Name: Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaShy View Post
Urgh that's awful to read, I'm so sorry. But also good to read you're progressing. Just makes me realise how much sadness there is out there.

15, bi (I think) Shy but happy to chat
Lucy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #15
JessicaShy
Banned

Name: Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy G View Post
Urgh that's awful to read, I'm so sorry. But also good to read you're progressing. Just makes me realise how much sadness there is out there.

Thank you for your kind words xxx
JessicaShy is offline   Reply With Quote