Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 3rd, 2018, 02:09 AM   #1
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick
Default Next Step

So there is this girl that I've been texting a lot lately. I got her number about 2 months ago. She is an international student and was eager to make friends so she was exchanging contact info with a lot of ppl including me. For the last two weeks we've been texting on and off. I've complimented her, made her laugh, and started to build a sense of trust. She seems to enjoy texting me. She always responds and often initiates. I've only seen her in person a hand full of times when we've run into each other.

I just don't know what to do next. I keep waiting for a sign that she likes me back in that way. I honestly can't tell if she thinks of me as a friend or more than that. I feel like I'm waiting for a sign that may never come. Most of my friends have suggested texting her and getting to know her more before I ask her out. What do you guys think? I've done well so far and I don't wanna screw it up now.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 09:03 AM   #2
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth
Default Re: Next Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
So there is this girl that I've been texting a lot lately. I got her number about 2 months ago. She is an international student and was eager to make friends so she was exchanging contact info with a lot of ppl including me. For the last two weeks we've been texting on and off. I've complimented her, made her laugh, and started to build a sense of trust. She seems to enjoy texting me. She always responds and often initiates. I've only seen her in person a hand full of times when we've run into each other.

I just don't know what to do next. I keep waiting for a sign that she likes me back in that way. I honestly can't tell if she thinks of me as a friend or more than that. I feel like I'm waiting for a sign that may never come. Most of my friends have suggested texting her and getting to know her more before I ask her out. What do you guys think? I've done well so far and I don't wanna screw it up now.
Well I can perfectly understand people saying wait and get to know her more. Sometimes if those things are done too soon, esp when you don't really know them, it can ruin things. However, you could try suggesting going out to eat or for coffee as friends and then that may give you a chance to get to know her. or go to something with her and get to know her there.

It sounds like she likes talking to you, so I am going to guess she won't be opposed doing something at least as friends. Will something come out of it, only time is going to tell.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 11:05 AM   #3
mick01
Awesome Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

I agree with Seth. Step it up just a bit and ask her to go for coffee or a lunch (dinner makes it too formal). You might get a better idea of how she feels about you by spending a good amount of time with her.
mick01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:35 PM   #4
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Keep texting with her. If ur
wondering if she likes u-u can
ask her if ur scared ur going to
lose her. I agree with the above
ask her to go out for lunch.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2018, 05:08 PM   #5
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
I agree with Seth. Step it up just a bit and ask her to go for coffee or a lunch (dinner makes it too formal). You might get a better idea of how she feels about you by spending a good amount of time with her.
This ^^
Just in informal no pressure coffee or something
Get to know here more
Sometimes conversations get lost in texting, face to face is a good time

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 08:40 AM   #6
Croconaw
Water Type

Croconaw's Forum Picture

I can tell that you enjoy your friendship with her. Make sure that when you do ask her out, to mention that you don’t want to ruin your friendship with her. You don’t want your confession to ruin the connection you both have. I think you should ask her to dinner. Get to know her a little bit more. Find out if you have similar interests.
Croconaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #7
StacyD
Member+

Name: Stacy

Just ask her out already. The only way to truly tell what she's thinking is to ask her. And if you preface it with, "hey, I don't know wanna ruin our friendship, but..." it's not a good idea. That just makes it awkward already. Ask her out. Something simple. See what she says. Tell her how you feel, simply, low key, but honestly, like, hey, idk about you, but I kinda feel something for you and I would just like to get to know one another more and see where it goes, no pressure, no nothing, let's just see." I think most girls would appreciate honesty, simplicity, no bullshit, no ask a friend to ask, no setting up fictitious, anonymous apps like some coward little boy, blah, blah, etc., etc.. Not saying you're doing any of those things, I'm just speaking in general. Very simple: I like you. I would like to explore it further. If you don't feel the same, no problem, let's still just be friends. But let's get to know one another more. That's all there is to it.

Good luck.
StacyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:34 PM   #8
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
What do you guys think? I've done well so far and I don't wanna screw it up now.
Next time you text her just mention the few times you happened to meet in real life each other.

Ask her if she would like to meet you somewhere for a coffee or such. Ask without obligation, but emphasize that you are interested in meeting her now and then ... because of .... etc etc

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 01:45 PM   #9
Bleppo

Bleppo's Forum Picture

Name: Eli

Id start with subtle hints without forcing it on her really, if she picks up on it, im sure you could read the response she gives

Im very bored all the time, mesage me if you are also bored all the time
Bleppo is offline   Reply With Quote