Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 4th, 2018, 08:16 PM   #1
SDeLucca

Name: Simon
Default crying after

Ok this is a little embarrassing, but every time I masturbate after the orgasm i feel a little sad, sometimes I feel like crying. I don't know if this is normal because I've never ask anyone about this, even though me and my friends sometimes talk about masturbation because I don't wanna people think I am weird.
SDeLucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2018, 08:41 PM   #2
scott2002
Awesome Poster

scott2002's Forum Picture

Name: Scott
Default Re: crying after

Why do you think you begin crying? Do you feel guilty for what you did? Or you feel it is bad/immoral/gay/whatever?
For me, when I was 13, I felt emotionally awful after doing it cuz I felt god didn't want me doing that, and I was wasting my "seed". And every time I tried to stop I just couldn't. So id feel even worse after doing it.
(So, can you identify a reason why you cry? (You gotta be honest with yourself. )
scott2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2018, 09:00 PM   #3
Bobby_04
Junior Member+

Name: Bobby

I donít know about feeling sad... I know for a while I used to feel guilty for doing it.. I do know that once we ejaculate certain levels in our body go down I believe itís dopamine that lowers so that could be the cause of that and donít worry thatís perfectly normal dude

I believe itís dopamine that lowers or itís something else but it does make us not feel happy it makes us feel gloomy and tired kind of a loss of energy

Please don't double post. Use the edit button next time.~ Dalcourt

Last edited by Dalcourt; March 4th, 2018 at 11:18 PM.
Bobby_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2018, 09:47 PM   #4
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Its a high during masturbation and
downer after an orgasm. It is natural
to feel this way. Blame it on hormones-
the ups and downs of puberty.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 01:02 AM   #5
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

I've never been sad after...

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 01:13 AM   #6
Ckro

I’m not usually sad after
Ckro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 05:37 AM   #7
Hermes
VT Lover

So what is happening here is that at orgasm some hormones are released (into your blood, not out with the cum) which mean you are suddenly no longer horny.

For someone who has not picked up negative messages about masturbation or has managed to overcome such negative messages this feeling afterwards is one of being very relaxed and de-stressed and maybe even slightly sleepy. Even then, at first, it can seem a bit weird that something (being horny) seemed to take over your brain for a short while but sooner or later you get used to the horny you being as normal as the not horny you - it is here to stay.

If you have picked up negative messages then afterwards is when you may be wondering why you ended up masturbating when you think you shouldn't do it and therefore feeling guilty. The reason is that being horny is part of the sex drive and it isn't meant to ignored or resisted - it is really strong and if was possible to resist it our species may have become extinct a long time ago.

So, on to negative messages. One source of these is religion. Looking at Christianity, for example, people sometimes quote the story of Onan and how he "spilled his seed" and was punished and generalise that into "all spilling of seed is a sin" but for me that is an over-generalisation. Onan was supposed to be providing a child for his dead brothers wife. God commanded him to do that, he avoided doing that by pulling out. His sin was to deliberately avoid doing what God had commanded him to do.

The other biblical message sometimes brought up is lust but again that has to be seen in a wider context. There is a very strong anti-adultery message throughout the bible. In biblical times puberty was later and marriage much earlier. That means if a guy was lusting after a woman who was not his wife, firstly he was probably already married himself and secondly the woman he was lusting after was already married to someone other than him. In other words he was taking the first steps towards adultery. The bible simply doesn't address the situation of being single and lusting after a girl or woman who is also single.

Going back to the "spilling seed" argument another possible source of guilt is that you have simply been taught not to be wasteful. I've used this analogy before but if you go into a baker's shop you find the bread ready-baked and ready to buy. If you had to wait while it was baked you'd go somewhere else. So the baker has to bake the bread in anticipation of selling it and any that doesn't sell at the end of the day he has to throw away because by morning it will be stale. Our reproductive system is like that and the design is shared with other mammals where the males wander and could meet a female ready to mate at any time and therefore the need to have sperm ready for when that happens. But sperm take several weeks to develop - they can't be made "on the spot" and given that they have a finite life the only way that works is continuous production. That means most of the time a bunch of sperm finish maturing they go to waste because at that moment, and in the few days following, we are not looking to become a dad. Even if we were the girl may not be in the fertile point of her cycle. That happens whether you ejaculate them or not. If you don't ejaculate them they just die inside you and are reabsorbed. All that refraining from ejaculating would do is deprive you of the pleasure of an orgasm and leave you frustrated and horny and most people can't put up with that for long.

Hopefully that's enough to address any negative feelings you have but if you feel negative for some other reason then do ask about it.
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 05:26 PM   #8
Vegas2933
Member++

Vegas2933's Forum Picture

Name: Dylan

I got very emotionally distressed when I first started, though over time you'll learn that it's a completly normal thing to do.

17 and Bi. Lives in the UK.

Happy to answer anyone's questions!

And to meet and chat with new people!
Vegas2933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 06:04 PM   #9
noah.whynot

Name: Noah

Puberty is a wild and crazy ride, and people react differently to all the hormones being released into your body. You say you only feel like this sometimes, not every time so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Give your body (including your brain) a chance to learn how to deal with the hormones and changes. If you find yourself crying uncontrollably after every time you masturbate then you might want to mention it to your family doc next time you see them. Not specifically related to masturbating, but I've had friends tell me that they've found themselves in situations where they suddenly feel very emotional / wanting to cry when the situation doesn't really warrant that kind of response. But for now I'd say just roll it with it, you're fine.
noah.whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 06:34 PM   #10
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I feel physically and emotionally drained after an orgasm. This happens more strongly after sex. I think you are fine and nothing abnormal about feeling sad or like crying. We all react to orgasms in different ways.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:35 PM   #11
ilc.69

ilc.69's Forum Picture

Name: Moises

It hasn't happened to me, but you just have to look inside yourself and recognize why you're feeling that way. Masturbation is for you to enjoy, not feel sad about

17/Straight(ish)/Male
I'm social, fun and love arts
Talk to me about anything, I like giving advice and chatting
ilc.69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:47 PM   #12
OldNewGuy
Member++

Seems pretty normal.

PM me any time if you wanna chat!

ďWhen I try to be funny, iím not funny. When I donít try to be funny, iím still not funnyĒ -A not so funny person
OldNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2018, 11:22 PM   #13
Ethan19
Member+

Ethan19's Forum Picture

Name: Ethan

I don't think this is too normal really. Sounds like it's working as a negative feedback mechanism. The aftermath of the orgasm (output) is dampening the impact of the initial conditions (pheromones).

Could be due to the come-down feeling a lot of people get; but, you're just experiencing it on an abnormally high level.

A lot of people fell guilt after it, maybe this is just a different feeling you getet after it.
Ethan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2018, 12:51 AM   #14
nicktheman2003
Member+

nicktheman2003's Forum Picture

Name: Nicholas

When I first started to masturbate after I was done I would feel guilty, like my mom or dad could tell by looking at my face. Afterwards as time passed I got over he guilt. VT has helped me with that, after reading posts from other guys about masturbating and some even had the same ideas about masturbating like me. I feel a lot better.
nicktheman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2018, 07:26 PM   #15
Jrunner
Member+

Name: James

I think u should try to talk to somebody u really trust about this, bc even tho it’s normal to have different emotions after u bust it doesn’t need to go so far as crying
Jrunner is offline   Reply With Quote