Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 12th, 2018, 10:37 PM   #1
Mikey1

Mikey1's Forum Picture

Name: Michael
Default Sad and lonely?

Hi, i'm a 13 y/o boy. Everyday I see everyone else having so much fun in school with friends. Everyday I feel sad and lonely, even if I am around my real friends. I have no clue what to do, and i'm so shy that I can't even talk to other people and make new friends. My parents don't let me go outside or go to friends houses, because they think i'll do drugs, so that doesn't help. Any suggestions?
Mikey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 09:07 PM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Sad and lonely?

Sounds like you need to build some trust with your rents.
Might be hard to prove how trust worthy you are (if you are)
They love you so are protective Im sure
But you need some social life to
Making forends here might help to

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2018, 06:14 PM   #3
Tom_theflash
Member++

Tom_theflash's Forum Picture

Sad and lonely and a little bit of pity going on. I think you need to concentrate on what is right with your life instead of what is wrong. You have so much to be thankful for. You can choose to continue feeling this way or you can choose to be greatful. Try listing all that's wrong with your life and then throw that paper away. Then list all that is right. Concentrate on those things. Every night make a list of at least 20 things you are thankful for. I don't care if it's the fact that you own your car or a peanut butter sandwich. Just list things that you are greatful for, that bring you joy, make you laugh, or whatever. Maybe it's a song that day or seeing a rainbow, or not getting caught in traffic. Anything that you are thankful for. Do it everynight, think about the list, read it aloud and dwell on its contents. This should keep you thankful and thinking of what's good in your life instead of finding things that arent's so good. Be good to yourself. You deserve to be happy but you can't be if you dwell on what's wrong instead of what's right.

"It's a game of running, yet not always all out.
It's a game of passion, yet under harness and rein.
It's a game of team, of passing and sharing.
It's a game supreme, this Beautiful Game".

Last edited by Tom_theflash; February 15th, 2018 at 06:17 PM.
Tom_theflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2018, 05:40 AM   #4
DragonflySphere

I have the exact same problem and I'm struggling to pull myself out of this problem. Although this solution can't work for me (because I'm at a small school) it may work for you. First thing is to try and have conversations with people online. This could build up social confidence and allow you to talk more to your current friends or make new friends. With your parents not letting you go out to places, earn their trust. Do things that only mature people would do. Do things that make your parent's lives easier. Then after you've done it for a bit try asking them again. If it doesn't work, repeat the process until you feel it definitely won't work. Hopefully this will help.
DragonflySphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:32 PM   #5
SurpremeLeader

SurpremeLeader's Forum Picture

Name: Henry

1. Try to reason with them, express repeatedly how you feel

2. If your parents are completely unrelenting in restraining you. You must become crafty. You must figure what psychologically triggers them, how they'll react and act accordingly to get your will. In some cases, brute forcing your way out. Just remember, if the desire is great enough, then the action must be so. Proceed with my advice at your own risk.

Goodluck, Don't let anyone stop you from living

Emos to Jocks to Psycopaths in a deranged highschool experiment- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLa...Urq0npOOwS5hRw
SurpremeLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 08:59 PM   #6
noah.whynot

Name: Noah

Being shy can be hard, even around your friends. I have a friend at school that is also shy, so maybe somewhat similar to you. I've been trying to sort of pull him along to things that I'm doing just so that he's getting out there and participating. I know sometimes he's uncomfortable with it, but afterwards he usually thanks me because he ends up having some fun and being around people. So my first suggestion is: could you talk to one of your friends, your best friend if you think of one them as such, and be honest with him that you're not you're not having fun and that you're lonely? I know that may be hard, but it's likely he'd already recognize that you're shy. Ask him to help you out a bit by maybe including you in other things that he's doing. My second suggestion is: you say that your parents won't let you go to your friends houses, but what about having at least one of your friends over at your house? Maybe if they get to know them a little bit, they might be more likely to allow you over to their houses at some point. Good luck buddy!
noah.whynot is offline   Reply With Quote