Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 10th, 2018, 03:42 AM   #1
Johnboi

Question I知 going on a date!?!?

Hey everyone! So I thought I’d get some advice on my problem I’m having right now. For context I’m a freshman in college this year and have a few relationships with girls. I have a tinder and switched it to everyone to see what matches I got because I get bored. I matched with this guy my age and he messaged me saying I was cute. I didn’t think I really liked guys but I thought he was kind of cute too. We messaged a bit and he gave me his snap. We snap a bit and have short conversations, we’ve been talking maybe 2-3 days. I feel like we don’t know a bunch about eachother yet and I’m still not sure if I really really like him or if it’s a spur of the moment thing to mix it up. He wants to go on a date on Sunday to a movie or something in the town over from where I live, i said I’d be down. But I don’t really know what I’m getting myself into lol. I feel like he’s more experienced with me? I feel like a little kid in the scenario. I’m a mixture of emotions, idk what I like and have kind of lost like a sense of who I am. I feel like I might like him but I’m afraid to act on those feelings, it makes me feel like they’re wrong to have? Anyway thought maybe you guys could give me some advice. Thanks a lot!

TL;DR - thought I liked girls, dude on tinder called me cute. I think I like him, have never talked to guys like that. Moving quickly on snap, he wants to go on a date soon? Feel like I don’t know him enough? And I feel wrong or bad for having my feelings? I feel like I’m a disappointment to my family or I somehow will end up not liking him if I act on them?
Johnboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 10:38 AM   #2
mick01
Awesome Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick
Default Re: I知 going on a date!?!?

I think you should act on your feelings, at least to the extent of meeting the guy. But I don't think it has to be a date. I think you should be honest with him and tell him what you just wrote. And if he still wants to get together, you should just meet for coffer or something low key.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 06:26 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I think you should go on the date and see how it goes. Get to know each other and find things out about each other. Once you spend some time with him you will know in your heart if you want to be with him and that you like guys. Just be your honest self and ask him any questions that are on your mind. Good luck man.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 04:21 PM   #4
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

By now u might have gone or not
on the date but if u went I hope things
worked out but if u decided not to go I
would accept another date. U should make
the date this time. The only way u will know
how much u have in common is to meet. If
it doesn't work then try a new match.
ska8er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2018, 10:48 PM   #5
ilc.69

ilc.69's Forum Picture

Name: Moises

I totally get what you're going through, cause I'm kinda going through the same thing since a long while ago. I've also asked for advice, and what people tell is really nice, and makes me feel good; I feel like I should do what they tell me, cause it sounds and feels right, but as always things are harder to do than to say. People tell me to follow my heart, do what my feelings tell and not care if my family (specially my mom in my case) is not ready for it; the important thing is whatever I feel. My advice. apart from this, is that you go on this date and just get to know the guy. That's what dates are for, aren't they? Don't worry about your family. I know it's scary to do something that they wouldn't aprove, worse in this topic. As I said, it's always easier to say it than to do it, but you should; I should; we all should. Hope this helps, encourages you and makes you feel better!

17/Straight(ish)/Male
I'm social, fun and love arts
Talk to me about anything, I like giving advice and chatting
ilc.69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2018, 03:19 AM   #6
ImagineRepublicCity
Nice Poster

ImagineRepublicCity's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

Go but go to a public place. Like a cafe, not a movie. While a lot of people on there will be nice, a lot will try and take advantage of people. Be really careful, because what feels like is going to be a good time may become a shit disaster. Meet in public places for the first couple of dates.

"Nyx, Nyx, Nyx, Nyx, Nyx"

I'm not very active, but if you need someone to chat to, PM me.

Dota 2 Enthusiast | Pre-Service Teacher | Lazy | Writer
ImagineRepublicCity is offline   Reply With Quote