Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 5th, 2018, 12:38 AM   #1
Chaosphere
Great Poster

Chaosphere's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Location: Probably somewhere haunted or a secluded mountain path somewhere.
Default Redeeming qualities?

So my basic problem is that I feel on a regular basis like I have no talents. Most people will say that you have to practice to be good at things, work at it, but I think everybody has certain skills. IE things that they are just predisposed towards, some people are good at art, some can write, some can play dodgeball, whatever. But it feels like I am not good at anything I do and I don't have the energy to try to get better at it. Why don't I have any natural abilities? It's really wearing on me when I try something and immediately fail, no matter how much practice I can manage.

18, Male, bisexual, jellybean lover. Evolving every day. Giving my advice where I can and having some fun with it. Questions about anything are welcomed here and I'll try to give you satisfactory answers if I have them!
Chaosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 05:34 AM   #2
DragonflySphere

Default Re: Redeeming qualities?

An idea is trying completely new and wonderful things. If you keep going with new things, there will surely be something you're good at. There are also times where you don't get good at certain things until you get older. I never used to be able to throw a discus very well but this year I threw it and got anywhere from 5-15 meters in front of everybody in my class. I didn't train for it, it came naturally. You just need to keep trying new things and go back to old things occasionally to see if anything has improved.
DragonflySphere is offline   Reply With Quote