Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old January 31st, 2018, 09:56 AM   #1
boy05
Junior Member+

Default Older posts

Sorry if I missed it on a FAQ somewhere on this, buy why aren't we allowed to post on older posts?

There could be an interesting conversation going on and I'd like to add something, and then I notice it's an "old thread". But I don't want to start a new thread as it would be like starting a conversation half way through, if that makes any sense.

Would you be allowed to start a new topic quoting what someone said in an old one then, so show what the reason is for the discussion?

Is there a reason for it? Seems to me the rule just slows down conversation. If you are looking for info, you'd think it would be better to have the info in one thread, rather than dozens of separate ones because of this rule.
Old January 31st, 2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Atlantis
Global Moderator

Atlantis's Forum Picture

Name: George
Default Re: Older posts

By locking older posts, it keeps the forums more relevant and up to date, and also chances are (particularly so in the help and advice sections) that if a thread has become inactive the original poster has likely received the answer to their questions.

And you are allowed to make a new thread with the same topic as an older one that has been locked, as long as it is appropriate.

Global Moderator
aka Endeavour

[email protected] PM
Old February 1st, 2018, 03:27 PM   #3
boy05
Junior Member+

Thanks for the reply, I kinda see how it makes sense now. I have to train myself to read the dates before typing a reply!
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:13 PM   #4
adtse
Great Poster

adtse's Forum Picture

Name: Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy05 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I kinda see how it makes sense now. I have to train myself to read the dates before typing a reply!
Oh yes, I once accidentally misread a post date thinking that it was 2018, but it was 2015 (3 year gap) and accidentally bumped it

My name is Adrian, I am 13 years old, dunno if I am gay or str8 (I am probably more of straight). I am a geek, and I am proud of it. I love computers, and all kinds of nerdy technology.
Feel free to send me a friend request
And send me a private message.
Old June 5th, 2018, 03:14 AM   #5
plasmaspirit
Member+

Name: J.

Is it possible to link a prior post in the new one you are making? I noticed a lot of the older topics regarding relationship, sexuality etc have very elaborate answers and i would like to refer to some of them?
Old June 5th, 2018, 02:42 PM   #6
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

Please do not post in threads older than 2 months.

And to answer your question, I don't see any problem with that, however, if you do so, I would advise you to note somewhere in your post that it's an old thread that you're linking to. If you have further questions about this, feel free to PM me.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
Closed Thread