Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 29th, 2018, 06:54 AM   #1
Tom_theflash
Member++

Tom_theflash's Forum Picture

Default I'm a guy, but im very emotional and often cry?

I'm sensitive and really emotional as well. I cry a lot, when something sad on the tv comes up or something inspiriational, I cry. Sometimes, when I'm very stressed, I stay in my room, turn of the lights, lay down, and cry. It's turned into like a way I get rid of my stress and a way I just let it all out.
But i think it's quite normal. I propably have a very imaginative and romantic side. There is nothing wrong in being emotional. However, this is often considered inappropiate for a guy. So sometimes i feel quite different. I think it's a negative effect of years of gender policing that makes it seem like being emotional is wrong. Men are human beings too, capable of displaying and undergoing several emotional changes according to the different hormonal interactions in our endocrine systems.
We will all enter into a new age where there will be better understanding between men and women because of this increase in sensitivity.
So, what do you think about this stupid way of thinking?

"It's a game of running, yet not always all out.
It's a game of passion, yet under harness and rein.
It's a game of team, of passing and sharing.
It's a game supreme, this Beautiful Game".
Tom_theflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 07:17 AM   #2
azurzg
Nice Poster

azurzg's Forum Picture

Name: Azur
Default Re: I'm a guy, but im very emotional and often cry?

My eyes water up quite often; especially when I'm happy; and also when I get emotional during films or even when lyrics of some song "move" me.
azurzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:37 AM   #3
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom55 View Post
I'm sensitive and really emotional as well. I cry a lot, when something sad on the tv comes up or something inspiriational, I cry. Sometimes, when I'm very stressed, I stay in my room, turn of the lights, lay down, and cry. It's turned into like a way I get rid of my stress and a way I just let it all out.
But i think it's quite normal. I propably have a very imaginative and romantic side. There is nothing wrong in being emotional. However, this is often considered inappropiate for a guy. So sometimes i feel quite different. I think it's a negative effect of years of gender policing that makes it seem like being emotional is wrong. Men are human beings too, capable of displaying and undergoing several emotional changes according to the different hormonal interactions in our endocrine systems.
We will all enter into a new age where there will be better understanding between men and women because of this increase in sensitivity.
Nothing wrong whatsoever with being in touch with your emotions. The whole thinking men can not express themselves emotionally is moronic. It is sad that thinking is still taught to so many guys. Guys often express themselves in anger and more destructive ways because they were taught they can't express their sadness, frustration, etc. in a more healthy way. There is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever my friend about crying or showing emotions like that.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 08:55 AM   #4
Tom_theflash
Member++

Tom_theflash's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
Nothing wrong whatsoever with being in touch with your emotions. The whole thinking men can not express themselves emotionally is moronic. It is sad that thinking is still taught to so many guys. Guys often express themselves in anger and more destructive ways because they were taught they can't express their sadness, frustration, etc. in a more healthy way. There is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever my friend about crying or showing emotions like that.
Using anger is just swift action. But never really solves anything. Anger is for really simple people who don't want to make the effort to better themself. If they only understood they could achieve more by taking a deep breathe.
Let's just call ourselves lucky and leave it at that my dear

"It's a game of running, yet not always all out.
It's a game of passion, yet under harness and rein.
It's a game of team, of passing and sharing.
It's a game supreme, this Beautiful Game".
Tom_theflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 09:17 AM   #5
Fourth
Member+

Fourth's Forum Picture

Name: Gab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom55 View Post
There's nothing wrong with men being emotional. I am also emotional and get teary-eyed whenever I'm having a very serious or emotionally intense conversation, and watching inspirational and drama series gets me crying.

I would love to see future generations breaking that kind of thinking where if men cry they are weak. In my opinion, men crying and being emotional shows that very comfortable with themselves and can be very transparent about their feelings. I think being strong isn't acting tough or unbreakable (like how other men force themselves to be), being strong for me is to be resilient, to start over again after being broken.

I was Artful before, come hit me up.
Fourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2018, 07:28 PM   #6
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I am a very emotional person too. There is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make you any less of a guy or weak. It is just that some people are like us and we cry or feel things easier than other people do. Don't sweat it my friend.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 09:32 AM   #7
Jinglebottom
Awesome Poster

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

I was always a very soft and emotional boy, but lately, I've been becoming less and less expressive of my feelings, and now I just don't get emotional at all towards anything. Like a rock. I can't really explain it.
But yes, the "boys don't cry" mindset is stupid and damaging as hell and it should disappear, for the sake of our mental health. Crying is normal and natural, there's nothing that says guys should bottle up their bad feelings while girls are allowed to get theirs out in the open.

General Discussions Moderator

PM - VM

*Mars was here*
Jinglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2018, 05:42 AM   #8
max02
Member++

max02's Forum Picture

Name: Max

i just dont like anyone who cries often, girl or boy
max02 is offline   Reply With Quote