Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 5th, 2018, 08:21 AM   #1
Ilove318

Ilove318's Forum Picture

Name: Nirvana
Default Out of control

So I'm a new member, only 13, I've been self harming for almost a year and I attempted suicide in April 2017. I did that to try and get help, but it was useless. I'm overseas now and I'm totally suffering from the lack of doing it. Everyday it gets harder, and every little thing makes me want to kill my self! I really need help! I've told my parents but they don't get it! And my dad's a GP doctor! What should I do? Thanks for reading this and for your help.
Ilove318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 09:51 AM   #2
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Out of control

Iím sorry to hear about your self harming habits and that your parents are not seeking help for you, but thereís a couple methods to go about this. Keep in mind that through all these methods, you have to want to help yourself.

-You can try to convince your parents for you to see s therapist, which usually helps people. They may or may not prescribe you medication, depending if you are mentally ill.
-You can call a suicide hotline (since youíre in Australia, I will link a number), or go to one of the numerous websites that help those in need.
-You can try to distract yourself. Since you like writing, I highly recommend doing that. Also, another thing you can do to distract yourself is to try and learn a new skill. For example, learning a new language.
-You can draw on yourself. This has come to be a popular method due to the butterfly project. Take a marker and draw on the areas you would harm yourself lightly with a soft tip marker, no pens. Doodle or draw whatever it is you want until youíve distracted yourself and calmed yourself to the point where you donít have an urge anymore.
-You can talk it out. If you have a friend you can turn to, seek them out. Also, you have a whole community of people here who are willing to listen and help you.
-You can wait it out. Since self harming is addicting, simply waiting it out and resisting the urge is one of the ways to break the cycle. The longer you donít do it, the less you will have the urge to do it.
-You can understand, acknowledge, and change your negative thought process. Find your triggers or things that may make you want to self harm, and develop healthier alternatives. Recognizing your feelings and becoming emotionally aware is a big step in stopping to self harm. Emotions are temporary and can change very fast. You may want to self harm in one moment, but you wouldnít have known how you felt the next moment if you did.

Two other alternatives people do as well, even though I donít approve of them as much as the ones above, are to take ice cubes and run them along areas you would like to self harm. Also, to take a rubber band on your wrist and snap it anytime you want to self harm. I donít approve of these because you are still hurting yourself, despite how minor it is.

Also, another thing I can highly recommend is meditation. Meditating on your feelings and your thoughts can really help you come to understand your emotions and how to stay calm when you do. You must confront these feelings instead of giving in to them.

But thatís just me talking, not a professional. I really suggest you try to find a therapist or someone to talk to.

Australian suicide prevention hotlines:
13 11 14
1800 55 1800
1300 22 3646

"The head may err, but never the blood.Ē
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Juliarules832
Great Poster

Name: Julia

Talk to a psychiatrist. Mine helped me a lot.

14 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me or email me about anything!
Juliarules832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2018, 01:17 AM   #4
Ilove318

Ilove318's Forum Picture

Hi, sorry I haven't replied for ages, but thanks for all your help! As for the suggestion made by Mars about talking to a friend, I have been thinking about that. I only have one friend who is actually nice to me, and she is so carefree and innocent, I don't want to burden her with this. I am scared she'll tell someone. I have tried a lot of the other ways, but they haven't exactly worked for me. The only thing that worked was going away overseas for a family holiday since we shared a room and bathroom and I couldn't bring my tool. But thanks for your help!
Old March 25th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #5
Ilove318

Ilove318's Forum Picture

My friend left me, so no one...