Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 1st, 2018, 05:33 PM   #1
everlong
Floyd the Barber

everlong's Forum Picture

Default how do you stop thinking nonstop about someone who obviously doesn't love you back?

asking for a friend, of course

caffeine junkie

imaginationblind.tumblr.com
everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 06:16 PM   #2
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: how do you stop thinking nonstop about someone who obviously doesn't love you bac

I would get out and meet some new
people to get ur mind off someone
who is not deserving of ur feelings.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 06:24 PM   #3
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Default Re: how do you stop thinking nonstop about someone who obviously doesn't love you bac

Not easily.

I was in the same situation a few years ago. Confessing to them how I felt helped a little, but ultimately the only surefire solution was not having any contact or interaction with them at all, which was only possible because we weren't really close friends. Otherwise, I don't know. Distractions help, I guess - keeping yourself busy and all that.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 06:52 PM   #4
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Although you might have certian feelings now for someone, down the road if they don’t have the same feelings I do t see how you could feel good about still liking the fact you have those feelings for someone who doesn’t like youninntne same way

Yeah that’s a mouthful but just being honest
Think about it
Do you really like someone who doesn’t like you?
Maybe right now you do but....

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:21 AM   #5
lallu

Hi! Really sorry to hear that, I know what's the feeling. I was in the same situation before 2 years. I advice you to think carefully if you really want to confess. I want to warm you that after I did it, the boy started behaving like full shit and it got like 100 times harder for me.I know that it's your choice but please be careful! The pain is just awful and I really want to help you and you not to go through the same like me.
Take care
<3

I just saw that the one who created the thread is a boy but if your friend is a boy also then consider my words because the girls can also be really bitchy and bad.

Last edited by Living For Love; January 6th, 2018 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Merging. Please use the "Edit" button next time.
lallu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:29 AM   #6
Nnoki
Member++

Depends on your current relationship, are you friends? if so, do you want to keep the frienship just without the love feelings?
Ask yourself those things

I'm back
Nnoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2018, 01:12 PM   #7
Shiny Moon
Great Poster

Shiny Moon's Forum Picture

Name: Savannah

First, keep yourself busy, watch movies, go out, practice sports, play videogames, etc.
Second, confess your love (if possible and not done yet). Trust me, this IS hard, but will help a LOT, you'll feel a lot lighter after that.
Third, try to avoid contact. This will be hard if you're friends with the other person.

If I were you, I'd do me too

18. Bi.

Drop me a PM if you wanna chat, I don't bite!
Shiny Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2018, 01:53 PM   #8
breaux
Member++

breaux's Forum Picture

It's hard. Meeting a new girl that I got interested in helped, alot.
breaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 02:39 AM   #9
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

I'm not convinced that you're asking for a friend. Maybe you should recommend this site to them. But when you're asking for a friend, all that you can tell me is your interpretation of whatever pieces of a story they decided to share. Many details have been added and/or omitted. In other words, it's hearsay.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 07:52 PM   #10
WorriIsBorri

I have to do that with a lot of guys because they are straight, and I have no interest in chasing someone who I can't share a feeling with. What I do is retain that "little crush" for that person, but always with the knowledge that a relationship will likely not happen. Never forget that we all have so long and so many chances to find a person that clicks with us, and that not everything needs to happen now. I believe I'll find that person, and that person will find me.
Love only works if it is a shared feeling, and I wouldn't rush it.
WorriIsBorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:14 PM   #11
TheLivingLie
Member++

TheLivingLie's Forum Picture

when I was in that situation I still had feelings after not seeing or talking to them for 3 months, so I asked them out via text and all that did was destroy any friendship we had left, so I wouldn’t nessisarily go around confessing your love if u have a good friendship that u value, although it does help the process. However, I’m in that situation again at the moment but I can feel my feelings are starting to decrease gradually after around 3 years of liking this person, I now only think about them when I’m horny (they are hot af) but I used to think about them 24/7 and I still spend at least an hour of every school day with them

Be Happy

Reached 100 posts on 21/09/2013
Reached 250 posts on 22/02/2014
TheLivingLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 04:47 PM   #12
rohancool

Name: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlong View Post
asking for a friend, of course
By accepting the fact that the person will never care for your well being, why pain yourself for him or her? It's easy to keep thinking about things but it does no good.

Rather if you think there was some mistake on your part, correct it and try to approach the person. Give it your best shot. If it does not work out, just forget the whole thing and move on. In this way, you would not have the guilt that you didn't try to fix it.
rohancool is offline   Reply With Quote